Manning out ...next Brady | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning out ...next Brady

How long before Thomas becomes a noodle arm, a year, two ? Soon AFC is going to be Tannehill-Luck's conference.

This is becoming the old Indy-Miami rivalry. When Dan was getting there in age and Manning was just getting good. What a sad sad day it was to see "old age" caught up to Dan. I believe it was Jan of 2000. Dude couldn't even pass gas without interception.

If you don't know the history of our franchise you really should not project the future.

There is no old Indy/Miami rivalry. Beside being a division rival Indy was for the most part a mediocre team in the AFC East. The rivalry was always against the Bills and Jets (by default). Not even the Patriots got a good rise out of us. That started in 2001.

And there is no history between Manning and Marino either. Manning's first season was 1998/1999 and Dan's last season was 1999/2000.

And before we declare Tannehill anything he has to lead this team to the playoffs first. He had three games in 2 years to do that or at least to keep us in the playoff hunt (2013: Bills and Jets; 2014: Baltimore). I think you all should step off those blind stats unless you admit that most of his stats were a result of a safe dink and dunk offense for a good stretch this season.

Luck is right now lightyears ahead of Tannehill and a good bunch of QBs ahead of Tannehill in general.

the D was huge in that too, scoring, setting up scores, holding opps down. 0 2nd half pts for NE, Oak 14, Chi 14, SD 0, Jax 13(plus scoring 2 TDs).

Not trying to take away credit from Ryan but DD wins are easier when the opps don't score. I am not anti-Ryan Tannehill. I like many parts of his game but I just disagree w/ this elite talk and Brady talk.

Yeah we were shutting down team earlier in the year on D. That really helps. But the O did score to put those games away so they do get some credit also.

My point was that like the Packers we will probably win games going away or be stuck with a close game that we will be at a disadvantage due to our finesse offense. Packers have figured out how to use it, so I have faith we can do the same. In there case they know that they have to pass for a 1st down to seal the game. They stick with that philosophy no matter the clock.

Yeah we were shutting down team earlier in the year on D. That really helps. But the O did score to put those games away so they do get some credit also.

My point was that like the Packers we will probably win games going away or be stuck with a close game that we will be at a disadvantage due to our finesse offense. Packers have figured out how to use it, so I have faith we can do the same. In there case they know that they have to pass for a 1st down to seal the game. They stick with that philosophy no matter the clock.

what happened to your D around midseason? your D was really good last year and started out really good this year then just faded and faded.

what are you talking about?

The stats I added that compared Brady and Tannehill can't be used to prove there is a similar way both are starting their careers because according to you, "It was another time," yet you can compare Brady in top 5 to QBs like Marino, Elway, Bradshaw, Unitas, Staubach, Stabler, Kelly, Montana, Young, (to name a few) who all did their work also in a different time from Brady.

The stats I added that compared Brady and Tannehill can't be used to prove there is a similar way both are starting their careers because according to you, "It was another time," yet you can compare Brady in top 5 to QBs like Marino, Elway, Bradshaw, Unitas, Staubach, Stabler, Kelly, Montana, Young, (to name a few) who all did their work also in a different time from Brady.

I read an article in Sports Illustrated about comparing QBs of different eras and I can assure you that, according to the author, you typically can't compare quarterbacks who played twenty years apart. You can only do that it fits the narrative of the argument you're presenting. Just FYI.

what happened to your D around midseason? your D was really good last year and started out really good this year then just faded and faded.

Injuries mostly. That and we faced some good offenses down the stretch.

Tannehill has opportunity to become a good NFL quarterback.

He's already a good QB with the ability to become great.

And speaking of Texas A&M and making college QB proclamations, you really need to stay far far away from any relevant QB conversations...

When responding to a thread asking, "What would you have done with the #19 pick":
I'll say Manziel because during the telecast I was rooting for us to take Manziel, partially because it would signify that Hickey is bold and has a chance to be great.

And again when posting in the thread, "Did some people here really want us to draft Johnny Manziel":
I absolutely would have taken Manziel at 19... I would prefer to gamble on greatness. Some of these pro franchises are so petrified of an unusual roster dynamic they make one tentative move after another, happily drifting alongside irrelevancy.

I still don't get your point.

Please show me where I have ever compared Brady's #s to Marino's #s? if you can find that then you have a point.

What a sad sad day it was to see "old age" caught up to Dan. I believe it was Jan of 2000. Dude couldn't even pass gas without interception.

You do realize that Dan had, during his final season, a nerve injury that affected his throwing? It came up during the Patriots game early on in the year (when Huard came in and won that game). He came back from it early and had that awful Dallas game where he threw like 5 ints.

He would've been right to start the next season, but Wanny happened.

I don't why so many expected the stats of '84, 24/7 with him or else it meant he was finished. I remember people saying he was done in the early 90's and wanting to trade him.

You do realize that Dan had, during his final season, a nerve injury that affected his throwing? It came up during the Patriots game early on in the year (when Huard came in and won that game). He came back from it early and had that awful Dallas game where he threw like 5 ints.

He would've been right to start the next season, but Wanny happened.

I don't why so many expected the stats of '84, 24/7 with him or else it meant he was finished. I remember people saying he was done in the early 90's and wanting to trade him.

was there any talk in Miami about MItchell replacing him full time after the Achilles injury?

I read an article in Sports Illustrated about comparing QBs of different eras and I can assure you that, according to the author, you typically can't compare quarterbacks who played twenty years apart. You can only do that it fits the narrative of the argument you're presenting. Just FYI.

if this was montana and tannehill i'd say yeah but bradys still playing and they have some strong similarities with their games...anyways the real point i was making 2 years ago even was luck and tannehill would carry the afc like brady and manning did in their primes...and i dont see why that would be off the table at this point...all along i've thought tannehills leanring curve was significantly larger than lucks in most aspects so i'm not deterred at all thru 3 years where things are...

and i do consider all in one season from career backup to below average starter to average starter to top 10 ceiling takes to be completely fly by the pants...

I still don't get your point.

Please show me where I have ever compared Brady's #s to Marino's #s? if you can find that then you have a point.

OK, we have obviously hit the spin zone, I think you get my point, but will not EVER admit to being wrong...this could go on for a year.

OK, we have obviously hit the spin zone, I think you get my point, but will not EVER admit to being wrong...this could go on for a year.

where am I wrong? please point it out. What does me thinking Brady is top 5 all time have to do w/ comparing the stats of Brady and Tannehill? you are very confused.

That statement hits the nail squarely on the head........
I can't believe people are actually putting Tannehill in the same sentence as Manning or Brady. Sheesh, or LUCK for that matter.

Let's step back for a moment.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

I can't believe people are actually putting Tannehill in the same sentence as Manning or Brady. Sheesh, or LUCK for that matter.

Let's step back for a moment.

Back
Top Bottom