Manning out ...next Brady | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Manning out ...next Brady

People are not paying attention, and all that is happening is that Tannehill is sneaking up on them to the point one day, they will be wondering how did this happen all of a sudden, not realizing it is happening game to game, season to season.

oh its sneaking up on them all right...if we could get 16 games of decent protections worth it's gonna sneak up on em a whole lot more...of course the d blows now so he's gonna have to shoulder more load...but he's capable...if we can keep him upright

how many times has ryan tannehill failed on those for any reason other than protection??? you tell me...how many times has the qb had time to go thru progressions and flat failed in a game winning potential drive??? those 15 drives are impressive but there's a lot of things that go into that and he also had a super bowl worthy surrounding cast...hell we cant even protect the qb if we get one injury up front...

how many balls in those scenarios have you seen thrown into coverage or just a poor decision??? i mean we got 3 years now you tell me???

you can't be clutch if you dont have a chance to be...i think the tannehill doesnt or cant finish is fabricated...every year his td high has gone up from 2 in 2012 to 3 in 2013 to 4 in 2014 and you cant be more onions than he was vs minnesota when despite taking huge hits he was able to go thru his early progressions at least and get the ball out and make plays...not back foot hit and contact stuff

sure he has some things he needs to clean up like throwing the ball away at times and living for another down instead of taking losses etc but all his issues are time and rep related correctable from what i see...all of them...and he's already damn good and the best thing this current miami team has going for it...

Not dissing Ryan, just pointing out what I see to be the biggest difference. Brady made plays with rushers in his face too. Lets not act like he had the greatest line when he started. He was sacked 41 times in his 1st season and over 100 times in his 1st 3 seasons. Not as much as Ryan but he was also much better at throwing the ball away to avoid sacks early on.

You are not going to get perfect protection when you are trying to end the game on offense. The defense is selling out all 11 players to protect 10 yards. When Rodgers sealed the games against NE and this past week against Cowboys he had to avoid rush buy time and then make the throw.

I think Ryan has it in him and when the rest of the team gives him more he should be fine. I know it is not all on him, but when you compare QB's this stat is always going to be brought up because of its importance to Winning and Losing.

oh its sneaking up on them all right...if we could get 16 games of decent protections worth it's gonna sneak up on em a whole lot more...of course the d blows now so he's gonna have to shoulder more load...but he's capable...if we can keep him upright

Im not sure is is capable hoops...

Im a bg fan of the improvement he showed this year. I think hes certainly capable of winning playoff games for us. But Im not sure he will ever be doing it in spite of the team around him.

Tom Brady was sacked 104 times his first 3 seasons as a starter in 46 starts(2.3 per game), Tannehill 139 in 48 starts(2.9 per game)

Not dissing Ryan, just pointing out what I see to be the biggest difference. Brady made plays with rushers in his face too. Lets not act like he had the greatest line when he started. He was sacked 41 times in his 1st season and over 100 times in his 1st 3 seasons. Not as much as Ryan but he was also much better at throwing the ball away to avoid sacks early on.

You are not going to get perfect protection when you are trying to end the game on offense. The defense is selling out all 11 players to protect 10 yards. When Rodgers sealed the games against NE and this past week against Cowboys he had to avoid rush buy time and then make the throw.

I think Ryan has it in him and when the rest of the team gives him more he should be fine. I know it is not all on him, but when you compare QB's this stat is always going to be brought up because of its importance to Winning and Losing.

brady was not andrew luck out the womb pocket handler when he first came in the league...he was not...and contrary to what anyone will tell you the qb can only do so much if he's getting hit before he can even get to his progressions or being moved off the spot from the get go...a timing based route offense requires timing to be on...but i have NEVER said that parts of his game dont need growth i just dont get why this board can't seem to see or understand that development takes time...a 3rd year qb should look a lot different than a say 8th year one and the only reason a guy makes it to year 8 as a starter is cause he shows he's got the goods early on to develop

this kids got the goods...in spades

Well... we better stop the run and block well to be beat anyone in the AFCE - QB game manager or not is not the issue and we'll never know as long as the D and Oline are porous

Brady was not a great #s guy early on, didn't become one until 2007 really but the man made plays every week to help his team win. He rescued a franchise. This game is about so much more than just the raw #s especially for a QB.

show me ONE time where I compared Brady's #s to Marino's #s? if you can do that let me know.

Oh, so you do not think Brady is in the same league as Marino...OK, your being consistent then.

I don't care what anyone says, I don't feel if we have the ball with 2:00 left in the game complete confidence that RT will lead us to victory.

And for crying out loud... the guy can't hit a deep ball to save his life.

How the hell do you make to the NFL without being able to throw deep?

Oh, so you do not think Brady is in the same league as Marino...OK, your being consistent then.

I have Brady and Marino in my top 5 all time but I don't use individual #s from different eras to compare any of them.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

I don't care what anyone says, I don't feel if we have the ball with 2:00 left in the game complete confidence that RT will lead us to victory.

And for crying out loud... the guy can't hit a deep ball to save his life.

How the hell do you make to the NFL without being able to throw deep?

I will say this, the first year or 2 for Brady he didn't throw a great deep ball either. I think this is the only similarity btw the 2. Brady wasn't as inept at throwing the deep ball but it was a weakness of his.

35 more sacks is pretty much a seasons worth...a seasons worth and that doesnt matter when you look at his numbers relative to bradys...the hell it doesnt...and i could care less about the 92.9 to 85.7 i think it was qbr difference between them i will be the first to admit the short passing game drives the completion percentage to where it is although tannehills overall accuracy is PLENTY good enough i dont care what offense you want to run with it either...the overall numbers are very similar

and you guys want to know where ryan tannehill improved the most in year 3 on tape...his footwork and his consistency with it...his pivot from one progression to the next got exponentially better as did his working thru his progressions quickly and getting the ball out...but his footwork i was saving this for my end of year 16 game summary of the qb during the down times of the offseason improved something fierce...and it's right there in your face plain as day on tape

Yeah, I think the improved footwork had as much to do with the completion percentage improving as the short passes did. He used to have trouble hitting the back in the flat consistently but now he puts it right on the money most of the time and I credit that to his footwork and confidence.

Back
Top Bottom