Marcus Vick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marcus Vick

nick1

I am Groot
Club Member
Reaction score
Is he coming out in this year's draft? I know he's a Jr. but he is gonna leave early from what I hear. He is a great prospect for the NFL, putting his legal issuses aside he is a great talent. He can run like his brother and is a much more efficient and effective passer. What do you guys think?

kastofsna120 said:
he's not a great prospect at all, other than the name on the back of his shirt

yea...hes not a great NFL prospect at ALL because hes only 6'0....:rolleyes: :rofl3:

what are you talking about? he has a cannon for an arm just like his brother, he can run wild just like his brother and unlike his brother he is very accurate as a passer

I bet you just don't like Michael Vick because you don't think he's a "real QB" is that it? If it is then I guess you don't care about the fact that Vick has a high winning percentage, it's about wins and being a good leader. It's not about doing everything by the book, if you win then that's all that matters

nick1 said:
what are you talking about? he has a cannon for an arm just like his brother, he can run wild just like his brother and unlike his brother he is very accurate as a passer

I bet you just don't like Michael Vick because you don't think he's a "real QB" is that it? If it is then I guess you don't care about the fact that Vick has a high winning percentage, it's about wins and being a good leader. It's not about doing everything by the book, if you win then that's all that matters

i agree.
clear.gif

nick1 said:

Yeah, and we all know this because he's started all of 4 games.................. :shakeno:

If he leaves early, after only 1 year of full time duty as a college QB, he will be shooting himself in the foot
Alltogether, i think he'll be a Don Macpherson clone at best

nick1 said:

well if winning is the only thing that matters, then david greene and ken dorsey should've been the top picks in the draft their respective years

read what i say about vince young. it's the same with marcus vick, although vick clearly has a better arm. however, they're just ATHLETES playing the QB position, not QUARTERBACKS who just happen to be athletes

and why did you even bring up michael vick? i didn't even say anything negative about him (in fact, my assertion that marcus was getting praise due to his name could be looked at as a compliment towards his older brother). but if we're going to talk about mikey, take a look at this article:
We feel bad for ESPN “pundit†and former NFL quarterback Sean Salisbury, who recently released his list of the league’s top 10 offensive players.

We feel bad for him because, as far as we can tell, Salisbury was forced by ESPN management to create this list against his will and better judgment. After all, how do you explain it when a “pundit†sticks a pigskin pitchfork through his own reputation and then jumps up and down on its limp, bloody carcass, squeezing out every last oozing ounce of credibility? Clearly, he was under orders from a higher power to create a list that was strong on hype and controversy yet weak on credibility and Cold, Hard Football Facts.

Michael Vick, for example, landed at No. 7 on the list. Salisbury described the Atlanta quarterback as “the ultimate weapon in the NFL.†That’s funny. We looked at the Cold, Hard Football Facts and found that “the ultimate weapon†has all the firepower of a dime-store bottle rocket. In fact, in a four-year career, Vick has accounted for just 49 touchdowns. It’s solid, yes, but hardly worthy of the hyperbolic praise “ultimate weapon†or a spot on the list of top 10 offensive players in the NFL.

Salisbury’s credibility apparently tripped over upper management diktat and the years of ESPN-generated Vick hype we’ve been forced to endure since the quarterback came out of Virginia Tech in 2001. The hype, put most simply, is out of all proportion to Vick’s actual performances on the field. Yes, Vick is one of the most thrilling players in football. But that excitement masks actual onfield production which can only aspire to be mediocre some day.

For example, 23 QBs tossed more touchdown passes than Vick (14) last year. Twenty-five quarterbacks passed for more yardage than Vick (2,313) – including Arizona’s Josh McCown and Tennessee’s Billy Volek, who started just eight games in 2004.

But wait a minute, Cold, Hard Football Facts dude, you’re forgetting that Vick is one of the most feared ballcarriers in the NFL. Yes, he is. But even if we include his three TD runs (count ‘em, 3), it turns out that 20 quarterbacks last year accounted for more trips to the end zone than Vick did both rushing and passing (17 total). Even aging warhorse Vinny Testaverde – now out of football – got the ball in the end zone more often than “the ultimate weapon†(17 TD passes, 1 TD run) in 2004.

If we look at receivers and running backs, we find that 22 players, including running backs Shaun Alexander and LaDanian Tomlinson, put the ball in the end zone more often last year than Salisbury’s “ultimate weapon.â€Â

And what about total yardage? Vick must be near the top of the list. After all, as Salisbury pointed out, he’s a threat “with his legs and his arm.†Well, Vick passed for 2,313 yards and ran for 902 – that’s a total of 3,215 yards of offense last year. Sixteen quarterbacks, including players like Joey Harrington, who’s in danger of losing his job in Detroit, accounted for more yards of offense than Salisbury’s “ultimate weapon.â€Â

To recount Vick’s place in the NFL offensive hierarchy last year:
23 quarterbacks passed for more TDs
25 quarterbacks passed for more yardage
20 quarterbacks passed and ran for more TDs
22 offensive players put the ball in the end zone more often
16 quarterbacks accounted for more yards of offense
when joey harrington racks up more yards than you do....well......

kastofsna120 said:
well if winning is the only thing that matters, then david greene and ken dorsey should've been the top picks in the draft their respective years

read what i say about vince young. it's the same with marcus vick, although vick clearly has a better arm. however, they're just ATHLETES playing the QB position, not QUARTERBACKS who just happen to be athletes

and why did you even bring up michael vick? i didn't even say anything negative about him (in fact, my assertion that marcus was getting praise due to his name could be looked at as a compliment towards his older brother). but if we're going to talk about mikey, take a look at this article:

Dorsey was not a top pick because he was correctly pinned as a true college QB, He was well undersized (which you can rarely get by with in the NFL) and he had a weak arm (in the NFL you must have a cannon). The verdict is still out on David Greene. I brought up Michael Vick because I thought you didn't like QBs who run alot (it sounds as if I'm correct in thinking so). There is a big difference between winning in college like Dorsey and Greene did and winning in the NFL, like Vick is doing right now. My point is that Mike Vick is working out just fine in the NFL and his brother, Marcus (who is the same size as Mike, they're both considered undersized), who is just as athletic as Mike, also has a cannon, and who is more accurate as a passer should also work out in the NFL. Michael himself has said that Marcus is better than him and look how well Michael is doing in the NFL

Too short to play QB in the NFL probably. But he will find a spot in the NFL at another position.

MikeO said:
Too short to play QB in the NFL probably. But he will find a spot in the NFL at another position.

no he wont. how much college football have u watched? QBs that can run and cant throw or read defenses switch to different positions.

He can read a defense, hes poised, and he can throw.

kastofsna120 said:

yea, and when kliff kingsbury racks up more yards than anyone in the nation.....well.....

Nappy Roots said:
no he wont. how much college football have u watched? QBs that can run and cant throw or read defenses switch to different positions.

He can read a defense, hes poised, and he can throw.
correct :D someone like Matt Jones or Eric Couch shouldn't be a QB in the NFL but Marcus Vick can be

MikeO said:
I've been reading some of your posts and it seems to me that you don't like Marcus Vick because of his past issues

nick1 said:
I brought up Michael Vick because I thought you didn't like QBs who run alot (it sounds as if I'm correct in thinking so).
you are. why would i like them? they're boring

Back
Top Bottom