Marcus Vick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marcus Vick

nick1 said:
I guess you don't think Michael Vick is good than, nevermind his career winning percentage in the NFL
nevermind that a QB is just one player on the team, and that the falcons have a good defense and two good runningbacks. when vick missed most of that season, guess what the falcons defense was ranked? that's right, dead last. the falcons win DESPITE vick quite a bit

and what does marcus vick's brother's winning percentage as a QB have to do with him? if you're connecting the two, then please don't try to be a scout for an NFL team

nick1 said:
correct :D someone like Matt Jones or Eric Couch shouldn't be a QB in the NFL but Marcus Vick can be

He will be in jail before he QB's a NFL team.

kastofsna120 said:
nevermind that a QB is just one player on the team, and that the falcons have a good defense and two good runningbacks. when vick missed most of that season, guess what the falcons defense was ranked? that's right, dead last. the falcons win DESPITE vick quite a bit

and what does marcus vick's brother's winning percentage as a QB have to do with him? if you're connecting the two, then please don't try to be a scout for an NFL team

hmm, but what about the season before when they beat Green bay and Lambeau and was the first road team to win their in the playoffs.:shakeno:

K-train said:
hmm, but what about the season before when they beat Green bay and Lambeau and was the first road team to win their in the playoffs.:shakeno:
your point?

K-train said:

Well that sure opened up the fact that the Pack was on the decline and teams have beat them there since. I like Lambeau as much as the next guy, but the whole "mystique" thing is WAY overrated.

K-train said:

Yeah, lets look at his numbers
He completed 13-of-25 passes for 117 yards and one touchdown and added 64 yards on the ground. More Losman like than Montana like.

The Falcons won 27-7. Hardly due to a dazzling offensive performance by Mike. :rolleyes:

kastofsna120 said:

no mike vick=offense can't keep a drive alive=lose the top battle=defense is on the field longer=by the 4th quarter its like running through swiss cheese for the opponent=atl loss

healthy mike vick=keeps the chains moving=defense gets rest=fresh in 4th quarter=atl win

Flipping back and fourth between Vick and Young (V-Tec vs. Marshall and OU-Texas), Vick is passing Young slowly in my book. I like them both but I just seen Marcus make a 40 yard TD pass or so and it looked EFFORTLESS. I'm impressed!

Phishstix said:
no mike vick=offense can't keep a drive alive=lose the top battle=defense is on the field longer=by the 4th quarter its like running through swiss cheese for the opponent=atl loss

healthy mike vick=keeps the chains moving=defense gets rest=fresh in 4th quarter=atl win
:lol:

Marcus Vick is an average QB playing for a team with a super defense. They haven't played anybody yet to justify if he can actually play when the pressure is on.

kastofsna120 said:

I take it you dont remeber several years ago when Vick got hurt in the preseason and they fell apart. If I remeber he came back near the end of the season and they won some games, but when he was out they were flat out awfull.

dolphan117 said:
I take it you dont remeber several years ago when Vick got hurt in the preseason and they fell apart. If I remeber he came back near the end of the season and they won some games, but when he was out they were flat out awfull.
their defense was just as bad without vick as they were with him. they won games because vick is an upgrade from doug johnson

kastofsna120 said:
their defense was just as bad without vick as they were with him. they won games because vick is an upgrade from doug johnson

So Vick is a good enough qb to win even with a bad D?

nick1 said:
Is he coming out in this year's draft? I know he's a Jr. but he is gonna leave early from what I hear. He is a great prospect for the NFL, putting his legal issuses aside he is a great talent. He can run like his brother and is a much more efficient and effective passer. What do you guys think?

Actually hes not a great prospect not nearly as talented as his brother running or throwing the ball which is a bad thing. I'd say if he came out though someone would jump on him late first round cause of the name Vick and what it brings to the table nowadays.

If he came out for the draft though considering these guys came out as well this is where he ranks imo

1. Matt Leinart
2. Omar Jacobs
3. Vince Young
4. Jay Cutler
5. Charlie Whitehurst
6. Marcus Vick

Back
Top Bottom