Marcus Vick | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marcus Vick

SpeedRush99 said:
That I agree with. I can't stand seeing these "running back wannabe" QBs who see their primary receiver is covered and they just take off before making their checkdowns. It may be somewhat exciting to watch but its not the way the game should be played IMO.

The game should be played to win IMO. I don't care how it is done, there are many different offenses that use many different types of players but they all have one thing in common, they are used to win. The thing I can't stand is people who think something should be done their way or it is wrong. It is up to the coach to decide if he can win with a player or not. If someone "breaks the mold", who care? If he can help his team be as effective as possble, and thats passing the ball, running the ball, whatever, he is playing his position well.

The are a playoff caliber team BECAUSE of Vick. Even if he is not getting the TD's, he is giving his team opportunities that they wouldn't have with a pure passer back there. They were the number 1 rushing team in the leauge last year because at all times the defense had to account for his ability to run just as much as the rest of the backfield and that made it alot easier for the team to move the chains. He is obviously not as polished as a passer as people would like to see, but until the coaches of the Falcons feel that his style is not in the best interest of the team, why rip the guy.

Just because the guy dosn't play QB the conventional way does not make him a bad one. My motto: Just win baby.

i guess i'm just old fashioned in wanting a quarterback who can actually throw the ball

saves said:
The are a playoff caliber team BECAUSE of Vick. Even if he is not getting the TD's, he is giving his team opportunities that they wouldn't have with a pure passer back there. They were the number 1 rushing team in the leauge last year because at all times the defense had to account for his ability to run just as much as the rest of the backfield and that made it alot easier for the team to move the chains. He is obviously not as polished as a passer as people would like to see, but until the coaches of the Falcons feel that his style is not in the best interest of the team, why rip the guy.

Couldn't disagree more. The Falcons are a playoff caliber team because they have an offensive line that's moving people off the ball and creating running lanes for Warrick Dunn and T.J. Duckett. They're a playoff caliber team because that have an exception defense with a huge amount of talent along the defensive line.

Michael Vick might be the most overrated player in football, although I'm not sure I can give him the nod over Priest Holmes.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Couldn't disagree more. The Falcons are a playoff caliber team because they have an offensive line that's moving people off the ball and creating running lanes for Warrick Dunn and T.J. Duckett. They're a playoff caliber team because that have an exception defense with a huge amount of talent along the defensive line.

Michael Vick might be the most overrated player in football, although I'm not sure I can give him the nod over Priest Holmes.

I say you take Vick out of the equation for the season and you see half the results. I do think they over rate him a bit, but he does mean alot to his team.

nick1 said:
I guess you don't think Michael Vick is good than, nevermind his career winning percentage in the NFL

forget abotu him, he is hard headed and its obvious he wont change his mind do to his train of thought. its like trying to explain reasons why you shouldn't be racist to someone that is, it wont work. period. so stop going back and forth with this guy.

SweepeR said:
forget abotu him, he is hard headed and its obvious he wont change his mind do to his train of thought. its like trying to explain reasons why you shouldn't be racist to someone that is, it wont work. period. so stop going back and forth with this guy.

even the veiled implication of racism is an insult. You sir are disgusting. And you are now ignored.

MoFinz said:
even the veiled implication of racism is an insult. You sir are disgusting. And you are now ignored.
:lol: whoa, little sensative over nothing there tex

kastofsna120 said:
:lol: whoa, little sensative over nothing there tex

Hey, if that didnt offend you, its cool for you. But where i come from you dont make statements like that.
My sentiment stands

MoFinz said:
Hey, if that didnt offend you, its cool for you. But where i come from you dont make statements like that.
My sentiment stands
where in the world can your mind be to interperet what he said as racist? he was bashing racists if anything. my sentiment stands that you're a ****.

No name calling. -mod

kastofsna120 said:
where in the world can your mind be to interperet what he said as racist? he was bashing racists if anything. my sentiment stands that you're a ****

:lol: i hate some of your comments cause we disagree alot it seems like, but i like how u stand by what u say and how you speak your mind. u got my respect as a poster even if we disagree...a lot...

Vick is a good passer as well as a good runner like his brother and that is a lethal combination, if you've seen Marcus Vick play than you would see how accurate of a passer he is and he can also be deadly on the run, he is not like his brother but I was comparing them because both can run well. Vick likes to pass the ball more than he likes to run if you've seen him play you would know that. He will be a good NFL QB, I call him Vick 2.0 because he is better than his brother as a QB and just as lethal on the run

personally i think that Marcus is a lil bit ahead of Michael in the passing department, but Mike has him by good length on the running department...i think marcus is gonna be a pretty good QB...but i dont want to jump into this argument really.

MoFinz said:

:shakeno: There was no racism implied in what he said. You're way off base in that regard.

all running QB's aside from flutie, Elway, young and tarkenton eat poo:lol: :lol: :lol: :D

kastofsna120 said:
where in the world can your mind be to interperet what he said as racist? he was bashing racists if anything. my sentiment stands that you're a puss

Dont know what your problem is bud, but my best recommendation to you is drop this before you get some time off.

You dont know me...dont pretend youre some badazz on a message board. The truth is you wouldnt say something like that to my face, so your best bet is to just drop this.

Back
Top Bottom