Marcus Vick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marcus Vick

nick1 said:
I guess you don't think Michael Vick is good than, nevermind his career winning percentage in the NFL

Last season notwithstanding, Fiedler had a very high winning %...Vick is overrated, I'd take almost half of the league's starting QBs over him.

ih8brady said:
Last season notwithstanding, Fiedler had a very high winning %...Vick is overrated, I'd take almost half of the league's starting QBs over him.
yup, and when fieldler didn't play, miami didn't win many games. it MUST be because fiedler is a great QB

nick1 said:
Is he coming out in this year's draft? I know he's a Jr. but he is gonna leave early from what I hear. He is a great prospect for the NFL, putting his legal issuses aside he is a great talent. He can run like his brother and is a much more efficient and effective passer. What do you guys think?

For his sake I hope he dosnt come out this year. He is playing very well for some one who is in his first year as a starter, but I think he would benifit from another year in collage, also if he stays in another year he will have a chance to be drafted with the first pick.

From what I have seen he has the physical talents of his brother but a much better grasp of being a pocket passer. When Mick was at VT they ran a tone of option and didnt ask him to make many reads at all, with Marcus they are atcually leting him hang in the pocket and throw the football. He has very good arm streangth as well as accuracy, the only negative thing you can say about his on field atributes is that he is 6 feet and 212 pounds. Not ideal size but the same height as his brother and only 3 pounds lighter, I havnt heard anyone say that Mick Vick is not sucseading in the NFL because of his size.;)

I think the bigest question surounding Marcus has been and will continue to be his off the field issues. Untill he proves that he has matured he will be viewed as a risk by many although it seems every coach beleives he will the the guy to staighten out the player. With the HC we have I wouldent mind having him as long as Saban met with him and felt Marcus had grown up however the only reason I say that is because I have great faith in Saban's ability as a leader.

kastofsna120 said:
they didn't...

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/coachbio.jsp?id=1935
In 2003, Johnson prepared Vick to return to action after missing most of the first 12 games due to injury, Vick led the Falcons to a 3-1 record in the final four games of the season.

Remeber this is the season in which they won a grand total of 5 games and looked horible all year untill......someone comes back and they win 3 or 4 beating Carolina, Tampa, and Jacksonvill.

dolphan117 said:
In 2003, Johnson prepared Vick to return to action after missing most of the first 12 games due to injury, Vick led the Falcons to a 3-1 record in the final four games of the season.

Remeber this is the season in which they won a grand total of 5 games and looked horible all year untill......someone comes back and they win 3 or 4 beating Carolina, Tampa, and Jacksonvill.
the carolina game was a great win, jacksonville wasn't good and tampa had packed the season in at that point (i remember seeing that game on TV with the entire stadium practically empty after halftime. also look at how the bucs were destroyed the next week @ tennessee). and i see you forgot to mention the colts 38-7 win over the falcons with vick back. the falcons are better with vick than with doug johnson, can't deny that. but he's not going to make their defense better and he's not going to win games without a good defense

dolphan117 said:

Vick is still over rated...Great running qb but as a qb hes not that good. Dont come on here saying he led them go back and check out the stats...the falcons defense stopped carolina from scoring a couple times and warrick dunn ran all over tampa and jacksonville. So please dont say it was cause of vick

kastofsna120 said:
the carolina game was a great win, jacksonville wasn't good and tampa had packed the season in at that point (i remember seeing that game on TV with the entire stadium practically empty after halftime. also look at how the bucs were destroyed the next week @ tennessee). and i see you forgot to mention the colts 38-7 win over the falcons with vick back. the falcons are better with vick than with doug johnson, can't deny that. but he's not going to make their defense better and he's not going to win games without a good defense

So is he or is he not what turned them from a 2-10 team into a 3-1 team?

Buddwalk said:
Vick is still over rated...Great running qb but as a qb hes not that good. Dont come on here saying he led them go back and check out the stats...the falcons defense stopped carolina from scoring a couple times and warrick dunn ran all over tampa and jacksonville. So please dont say it was cause of vick

I am not saying he did it by himself, I am saying they were a totaly diferent team without him. When he came back that entire team (including the D)had a buze about them that they hadent had.

My point was to kastofsna120 who said

"nevermind that a QB is just one player on the team, and that the falcons have a good defense and two good runningbacks. when vick missed most of that season, guess what the falcons defense was ranked? that's right, dead last. the falcons win DESPITE vick quite a bit"

In that season they were bad when he was out and much, much better when he came back. I am not saying he is an elite level qb, in fact I have been very disopionted with his lack of progress in the west coast system. IMO he was realy starting to play well befor they made the swich and they never should have changed. One of the reasons I like his brother Marcus (at least on the feild) is that I think he is much more of a pocket passer. Untill Mick gets much beter in this area I will have trouble puting him up their with top qbs.

dolphan117 said:
I give up.

Just don't argue with this guy, he has nothing but a "not good enough" opinion about almost "project" QB. I guess the capability to win games using a running QB's abilities is not a factor here. Either way, hes a good candidate for the "ignore list".

kastofsna120 said:
i like to see strategy and perfection and execution. not some guy who can't read a defense giving up and just running around.

That I agree with. I can't stand seeing these "running back wannabe" QBs who see their primary receiver is covered and they just take off before making their checkdowns. It may be somewhat exciting to watch but its not the way the game should be played IMO.

Back
Top Bottom