marino is seventh best qb | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

marino is seventh best qb

Originally posted by bronco_heat
is booyeah comparing marino to homer simpson. because he's more of an apu than anyone else.
yeah but Griese would be Barney so lets not open up that can of worms:cool:

Errrrrrrrrrrrrr ok!

Originally posted by sideburn

I agree, but you have to remember there are alot of fans that don't know the game, I just have that benefit of first hand playing experience, sitting in the film rooms, working out, and studying the play book, alot of fans don't see everything that goes into football.. That and they have those rose colored glasses blinding their view:D

I don't agree with that...

... just because a Dolphins fan thinks Marino is the BEST QB ever, how does that imply they can't see past their team? Hey I may agree with you, but there is only opinion here. I think they are just as right as you are. All these QB's names we threw around all have GREAT cases to be considered the BEST ever.

Oliver...

problem, everything I just stated in that is true, alot of fans can't see past their team

MARINO is single handly the best QB of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not team but QB.

ok guys .. Marino was great, Elways was great all I care about now is Fiedler vs Griese. We can argue this one all day. If I took someone who had never seen football, lined up the stats (not sb wins) 9 out of 10 would pick Dan.

but like I said who cares! we need to go and spank some orange pu tang. I hope our boys watch out for the chop blocks or be ready to dish some out on their fast lb's.

this game is going to come down to which D-line gets it done. If the fins can keep Pryce andco off of our QB we should win based on the fact that their secondary is a weak link. its going to be a great one.. just wish Dan and Elway were there.. I bet Dan would have made it 3 in a row over Johnny boy.

Since everybody is trowing stats around I thought we should see how the stats compare
name comp att pct. yds tds int rating
Elway 4123 7250 56.9 51475 300 226 79.9
Marino 4967 8358 59.4 61361 420 252 86.4

It Dont matter who was Better Elway or Marino ( Elway but that is besides the Point ) What i am looking at is beating Down some Fish sunday Night . Broncos have the better front 7 and the Better QB and WR , and the Broncos secondary is often over looked Gooooooooooo BRONCOS

Re: Re: Errrrrrrrrrrrrr ok!

problem, everything I just stated in that is true, alot of fans can't see past their team
dude, you miss understood, I wasn't talking about fans here, I was talking about fans in general, there are alot of fans that can't see anything past their team.

LMAO it is all Part of being a fan , In Denver Elway in Miami marino , Buff has Jim Kelly one thing is for Sure I doubt there will be another Class of QB like 83 Kelly , Marino , Elway , Gave us all they had and as Fans we should be thankfull to watch this Class of QB play they provided plenty of memories for all of us

Funny, he had the exact same post on the herald Board.

I know I'm biased. I grew up watching Dan Marino. What he could do with the football was spectacular.

Is it fair to discount him becuase he threw a lot of ints. I don't think so.

Everyone knew he was going to pass. We had no running game. We had no defense either so we were often behind. The guy wasn't mobile and he dropped back time after time and made the Dolphins a contender when they had nothing but him. He carried the team on his back, year after year.

No, he didn't win the Superbowl. Name me a QB that would have won it on those Dolphin teams. In fact, name me another Qb that would have even kept them in contention like Dan did. It's going to be a short list.

Like I said, I'm admittedly biased. But I've watched a great deal of football and I have never seen anyone else who was a tougher competitor or could throw the football the way Danny could.

Originally posted by PhinKev
I know I'm biased. I grew up watching Dan Marino. What he could do with the football was spectacular.

Is it fair to discount him becuase he threw a lot of ints. I don't think so.

Everyone knew he was going to pass. We had no running game. We had no defense either so we were often behind. The guy wasn't mobile and he dropped back time after time and made the Dolphins a contender when they had nothing but him. He carried the team on his back, year after year.

No, he didn't win the Superbowl. Name me a QB that would have won it on those Dolphin teams. In fact, name me another Qb that would have even kept them in contention like Dan did. It's going to be a short list.

Like I said, I'm admittedly biased. But I've watched a great deal of football and I have never seen anyone else who was a tougher competitor or could throw the football the way Danny could.
Everything you just said Denver fans say about Elway, funny isn't it

Re: bronco b.s.

Originally posted by clayton83
now thats funny, elway winning two superbowls! so you call geezer elway handing the ball to terrell davis "winning" the superbowl? thats good. and very homeristic i might add!

thats so funny i have to spell it out...ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING MY FU**ING A$$ OFF:hitself: :hitself: :hitself:

:monkey: horseface

Back
Top Bottom