marino is seventh best qb | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

marino is seventh best qb

Originally posted by bronco_heat
i guess those guady statistics don't have anything to do with the fact that there wasn't any runningback scoring rushing tds like on the '99 rams. he's good but he threw a lot of picks and it's hard to be the best with a lifetime 60% completion percentage

Shut up about the completion rating. 60%? Well Unitas' completion % was 54.56%. Johnny U also had 253 INTs. I guess Unitas was only "ok" too.

http://www.sunspot.net/sports/football/bal-unitas-stats0911,0,7011426.htmlstory

Unitas got the "great" moniker because he was the "new breed" of qb, he totally changed the game, and for that, we thank him

I don't even live in Denver, use to but not anymore, I'm just telling you how it is.... Elway is GOD in Denver. The news reports what he gives out for halloween for christs sake, it's really sad

Originally posted by sideburn
I don't even live in Denver, use to but not anymore, I'm just telling you how it is.... Elway is GOD in Denver. The news reports what he gives out for halloween for christs sake, it's really sad

Well anyone who doesn't recognize Marino is a homer. Maybe you do have enough sense to see Marino's greatness, but as you said a lot of other fans can't.

well ok...i'll shut up about completion % and td/int% because that obviously doesn't haven't anything to do with a qbs effectiveness.

let's look at a more important statistic, like career completions. yea, who ever has the most career completions is the best ever. even if he needed the most pass attempts to get there. and, even if his percentage of pass attempts to completions was only so so. oh no. i did it again. i mentioned the worthless statistic of completion%.

unitas didn't play in a very pass friendly era. have you ever seen the ball they played with back then, it looks like a rugby ball.

ok, marino is better than unitas. but, not as good as young, favre, or montana. he's tied with otto graham though, how about that.

oh Marino was great, I loved watching him play. Just as I did Barry Sanders and Walter Payton and any other extremely talented player... I'll give this to Marino, he kicks Elways ass in the commentary and acting dept. Anyone remember the Home Improvement with Elway...::::shudders::::: horrible

Sorry QB ratings mean everything...

... you can't be a GOOD to GREAT QB and have a bad QB rating. They go hand in hand with each other IMO.

Oliver...

Originally posted by PhinKev
I am so sick of these QB ratings as if they mean anything. The Qb rating is nothing more than someone's idea of which statistics are important to judge a quarterback with.

The facts are that it is biased rating that favors QBs in short controlled passing games. If you'll notice few if any of the classic greats do well under these "modern" ratings.

In my opinion, Dan Marino is the finest "passer" ever produced. There has never been, nor will there ever be, another quarterback with the ability to read the field faster, throw quicker or more accurately than Dan.

By the way, crediting Superbowls to Elway when he basically rode TD in both seasons is a joke.

I like this place, I may have to stay awhile, even if Denver loses to Miami...Every place needs a troll to kinda ya know, bug the crap outta the homers

no they don't, because according to the qb rating Griese would be better than Elway, which is just an absolute joke

hey sideburns, i hope no one killed themselves because they realized that they when you look at the statistics marino isn't the best. i mean is this the first time anyone looked at marino's td/int% and comp%.

Originally posted by booyeah_

Well anyone who doesn't recognize Marino is a homer. Maybe you do have enough sense to see Marino's greatness, but as you said a lot of other fans can't.
I agree, but you have to remember there are alot of fans that don't know the game, I just have that benefit of first hand playing experience, sitting in the film rooms, working out, and studying the play book, alot of fans don't see everything that goes into football.. That and they have those rose colored glasses blinding their view:D

Originally posted by bronco_heat
hey sideburns, i hope no one killed themselves because they realized that they when you look at the statistics marino isn't the best. i mean is this the first time anyone looked at marino's td/int% and comp%.

lol

is booyeah comparing marino to homer simpson. because he's more of an apu than anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom