marino is seventh best qb | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

marino is seventh best qb

just go back and watch the game, or any other of the 49 fourth quarter comebacks Elway had.... 28 of those in the final 2 minutes

it's an intangible, when someone can put the team on their shoulders and carry them to victory.. And Elway did that time after time... It's just hard for you to see that with your Aqua blinders on

Originally posted by sideburn
it's an intangible, when someone can put the team on their shoulders and carry them to victory.. And Elway did that time after time... It's just hard for you to see that with your Aqua blinders on

Elway could lead the offense, but I'm waiting for an explanation to how he controlled the game. Elway didn't play defense.

neither did Marino whats your point?

You are the one saying that qbs win games. You are so proud of Elway's win record like he did it all by himself. We are trying to saying that qbs are just one side of the ball and one part of a whole team effort. :p

neither did Marino whats your point?

I'm not the one saying Elway single handily won the Super Bowl.

I never said he single handily won the superbowl, go back and read. I said he won games for his team... It's not his fault the defense was like a sive, and that throughout most of his career he never had a pro-bowl runningback or wideout, he made due with the likes of Sammy Winder and Bobby Humphreys, Steve Sewell... I mean come on these guys were a joke. And least you forget the record setting D we had that gave up the most points in a single season. I'm not Arguing for or against the best ever, I'm simply stating that a qb can win or lose you games. And more often than not, Elway won.

Well I'm with the Bronco dude on this one...

... IMO to be the BEST you have to have won it all. I think Montana is the best QB ever, and Dan Marino is the BEST drop back or pocket passer ever. It takes more than throwing the ball to be a QB, Montana had that. What Marino did being so slow of foot was amazing.

Oliver...

Originally posted by bronco_heat
I thought he was the best qb ever. but, his lifetime qb rating is an 86, the same as Tom Brady's rookie season. Not to mention that there are six other qbs with lifetime ratings higher than his. Plus, qb ratings don't include what you can do with your legs. not much, in Marino's case. I guess Marino has a low rating because of all the ints he threw and the so so completion percentage. oh well, i guess being the seventh best qb in history is pretty good too. besides, even if marino is only the seventh best ever, that's still pretty good. i guess if he was a little bit more accurate maybe you guys could have won a big game.

all of this is a mute point anyway, it's like arguing best running back, most say barry, I say jim brown or sweetness, barry couldn't catch or block, but he is by far the best openfield runner

I will admit that Elway and Montana were both better at handing off than Dan, but that is where it ends :goof:

i think the statistics say it all. marino is right in between manning and favre. that's pretty good company. marino's rating would be higher buy he threw too many ints as opposed to tds. hey, marino's a good player buy the only reason everyone thinks he's so good is because he played a long time in a system that allowed him to throw the ball on every down. thus, he has the most tds and yards and completions. but, he also has 250 ints and a 60% completion percentage. that's good, but there's been better. maybe if he could scramble a little like young, he would've had a higher completion percentage and a better td/int percentage.

thanks to fin-atic for posting those numbers showing marino in the middle of the pack.

Back
Top Bottom