Marino makes the All-Time Team | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino makes the All-Time Team

He totally deserves it. Some of the players left out tho made no sense....talking about different positions. Some of these writers are just dumb.

Taking a slightly different slant away from rings and stat's he was one of those elite players that even in this case non fin fans would watch and admire for his sheer brilliance and excitement he brought to the game.
They say the only QB who ever intimidated defensive players. Think about that.

To many guys from eras that had little athletic talent. Most of em would get abused today.
I believe you are correct about that, but there are also players who would have been dominant in any era. LT, Reggie White, Jerry Rice just to name a few.

Dan would shatter more records today than he did in his day. He was the best passer the game has ever seen.

I would love if a production company put together like a three hour Blu-ray Disc of all Danny’s pressure situations but no bullshit music, live game action spots so you can relive those game action sequences. Would be awesome to watch and relive all those memories.

I would love if a production company put together like a three hour Blu-ray Disc of all Danny’s pressure situations but no bullshit music, live game action spots so you can relive those game action sequences. Would be awesome to watch and relive all those memories.
There are several highlight montages on YouTube, and its pretty easy to cast to TV.

I believe you are correct about that, but there are also players who would have been dominant in any era. LT, Reggie White, Jerry Rice just to name a few.

Dan would shatter more records today than he did in his day. He was the best passer the game has ever seen.

Most definitely the men you mentioned would be elite in any era. Sanders and Warfield are another two that could be great.

I'm talking more specifically the 40s 50s and 60s guys on that list. I know they have to make an all time team but there needs to be some resemblance of athletic prowess

Most definitely the men you mentioned would be elite in any era. Sanders and Warfield are another two that could be great.

I'm talking more specifically the 40s 50s and 60s guys on that list. I know they have to make an all time team but there needs to be some resemblance of athletic prowess
I agree. Today's player, as a rule, are bigger, stronger and faster.

Just out of curiosity, when you say Sanders, were you thinking Barry, or Neon? A case could be made for either.

The article does a good job of explaining it.
That article doesn't offer reasons, it offers excuses.

Career...
Completions - #1
Completion % - #1
Yards - #1
TD passes - #1
QB rating - #3

Single season...
Completions - 1, 2, 3, 7, 8, 9 (top 3 single season and 6 of the top 10 single seasons)
Completion % - 1, 2, 3, 5, 8 (5 of the top 8 single seasons)
Yards - 2, 4, 5, 6, 10 (5 of the top 10 single seasons...Manning #1 with 5,477 and Brees #2 with 5,476)
TD passes - 6, 9, 14, 24 (tied with P. Manning for most single seasons in top 25 with 4)
QB rating - 7, 8, 21, 25 (most single seasons in top 25 with 4)

And he has a SB ring.

Back
Top Bottom