Marino makes the All-Time Team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino makes the All-Time Team

Looking over it the other day, kind of sad we won only five division titles in his 17 years. The first three years were almost magic but the team got worse as time wore on. After 1985 there would only be the 1992 and 1994 division titles for Dan. And in the five total titles, another AFC east team came in and smoked us for the conference title ('85 NE, '92 BUF) in two of those division winning years. Don really failed him big time as far as the architect for building the team around him. Defense was horrendous and we couldn't run at all. Every 3rd and 1 was a passing down. Remember that?

Anyway, sorry for the toxic nostalgia but it's really quite unreal that we weren't heavy division winners from 1983-1999. Win a super bowl? Are you kidding? I just wished we had conquered the East a lot better. OK, I'm done now.

That's a joke, right?
Why do you say that? Not in every case, but it's not even arguable that todays players, as a rule, are by far physically superior.

Toughness is a different arguement.

Reading everyone claim Brees should of made it over Marino on Twitter is funny. People must of forgot what Dan did with what he had and how easy he did it with much tougher rules and actually getting hit. You

I love Dan but his days on these lists are numbered. 4 QBs were unanimous and he wasn't one of them. in less than 10 years he will start being left off these lists.

It would have been a travesty IF, Marino wasn't selected to this list. But thank god he was finally recognized as the player, we Dolphins fans knew he was. The media up until recently overlooked or down played the undefeated team and I was concerned they'd do the same to Marino. He's deserving of his place on the list.

Reading everyone claim Brees should of made it over Marino on Twitter is funny. People must of forgot what Dan did with what he had and how easy he did it with much tougher rules and actually getting hit. You
It’s probably mostly younger people, and most of them aren’t that bright, so....

If Dan Marino was a QB in the 2000's and 2010's he would have been far more dominant than he was when he played.... but he played in the 80s and 90s when he was in a class by himself.... as far as down field passing goes.

The pure passer moniker wont stand the test of time.

I love Dan but his days on these lists are numbered. 4 QBs were unanimous and he wasn't one of them. in less than 10 years he will start being left off these lists.
Elway wasn’t unanimous either. Are his days numbered too? Also, there won’t be another all-time team named for another 100 years, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

Elway wasn’t unanimous either. Are his days numbered too? Also, there won’t be another all-time team named for another 100 years, so I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

I don't think so. the SB rings will keep him on the back end of the list. Just as a Drew Brees will find his place once retired. he will have the records and the ring. as time passes those that didnt win it all will slip behind the best of the class that followed them.

I don't think so. the SB rings will keep him on the back end of the list. Just as a Drew Brees will find his place once retired. he will have the records and the ring. as time passes those that didnt win it all will slip behind the best of the class that followed them.
I’ll worry about it from the grave in 2120.

Im not saying that it should happen.... but it will happen. in the next 10 years there will be 2-3 more quarterbacks to consider that currently aren't on the list.

Im not saying that it should happen.... but it will happen. in the next 10 years there will be 2-3 more quarterbacks to consider that currently aren't on the list.
And it doesn’t matter, because there won’t be a list. This is the list.

what do you mean?
What do I mean? This is a list of the 100 greatest players in NFL history. A list 100 years in the making. They aren’t revising it. Marino is on it. It doesn’t matter what happens with other active QB’s who didn’t make it. This is the list. There won’t be another one for another 100 years, when the NFL celebrates 200 years. There aren’t ‘these lists’, as you say. This is THE list.

I'm glad he made it too. But I have trouble with any panel putting brady, a guy who has probably benefited from cheating for each year of his career and definitely over a third of his career on an all-time list. It's a different game when you have the other team's signals. Even if you ignore the cheating, which is baffling, was he even the best of his own time? Aaron Rodgers would be my pick from this era. Anyone remember Peyton Manning? I haven't seen him play as much as Rodgers but I would say he belongs ahead of brady.

Back
Top Bottom