Marino said it wasn't a foul!! | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino said it wasn't a foul!!

The bottom line is you should never let a game come down to the refs call. Any decent coach tells you that, and gets on your *** when you start bitching about the refs. If I ***** about a called third strike in a baseball game, know what my coach says? He says " You never should have been in that situation in the first place. Hit the fastball or connect on those earlier pitches and don't rely on the ump."

The Mavs were perfect from the free throw line all night, except for tree times. And guess what those three misses were late in the game and in overtime, and they would have allowed the Mavs to win. And once again the Mavs had a substantial lead and let it get away from them. The Mavs lost focus and played poorly and deserved to lose.

FiSincebirth, I hear what you're saying, but in this situation I don't think your anology fits.

All FT's count the same, it doesn't matter if they're missed late or early, they all still count the same. The Mav's were great from the FT line, and that's not even close to the reason they lost yesterday.

You can pick several reasons they lost (inability keep Wade out of the lane, missed open shots late, over rotating defense), but you can't say missed FT's were the reason they lost.

PhinsTD said:
FiSincebirth, I hear what you're saying, but in this situation I don't think your anology fits.

All FT's count the same, it doesn't matter if they're missed late or early, they all still count the same. The Mav's were great from the FT line, and that's not even close to the reason they lost yesterday.

You can pick several reasons they lost (inability keep Wade out of the lane, missed open shots late, over rotating defense), but you can't say missed FT's were the reason they lost.

Yeah it was....they had several chances to put us away and they missed them all

marino is entitled to his own opinion.. I actually agree with him. I am happy though they called it a foul. :)

Alex44 said:
Yeah it was....they had several chances to put us away and they missed them all

Alex, they missed 4 FT's all game. That's just crazy to say shooting 84% from the line is the reason you lost.

PhinsTD said:

That's true, but what I'm saying is they had plenty of opportunities(aside from free throws) to put the Heat away. But when it came down to the end, they couldn't do it. They can only blame themselves not the refs.

FinSinceBirth said:
That's true, but what I'm saying is they had plenty of opportunities(aside from free throws) to put the Heat away. But when it came down to the end, they couldn't do it. They can only blame themselves not the refs.

Again, I agree with what you're saying, but a call like that can be used as an excuse, with the way the Mavs are playing tonight it looks lik they're trying to use it as one (in a bad way).

Back
Top Bottom