Marino said it wasn't a foul!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino said it wasn't a foul!!

Dan Marino...you're the greatest QB ever......BUT

You are not an NBA ref. :lol: We still love you though.

Amars said:
It was a ticky tack foul if that. I hate it when refs bail out a guy who goes up uncontrollably at the end of game on ticky tack call. No ticky tack call should decide a game especially a finals game it just ridiculous. This foul wouldnt have been call in the 80's the last time basketball was any good. This is how bad the NBA has gone sour.

Saying that basketball was good in the 80's is laughable.

Section126 said:

Ok man. Whatev. You can enjoy your glamourized streetball that is the NBA right now, I'll gladly take the Lakers-Celtics rivalry over that.

RobFins2005 said:
Ok man. Whatev. You can enjoy your glamourized streetball that is the NBA right now, I'll gladly take the Lakers-Celtics rivalry over that.

Yeah...with 135 to 134 scores on 47% shooting. Total crap.

Section126 said:
Yeah...with 135 to 134 scores on 47% shooting. Total crap.

as opposed to 78-77 yawnfests where both teams combine for 75 free throws?

You can go on believing that this is due to the "defensive era", but it's really due to poor shooting skills, bad fundamentals, and sloppy play. Besides, basketball is supposed to be an offensive game. It wasn't designed for ball control like football.

there's a reason I can't watch the NBA anymore until the playoffs start. and even those pale in comparison to what they used to be (although I'll admit this playoffs has been entertaining).

RobFins2005 said:
as opposed to 78-77 yawnfests where both teams combine for 75 free throws?

You can go on believing that this is due to the "defensive era", but it's really due to poor shooting skills, bad fundamentals, and sloppy play. Besides, basketball is supposed to be an offensive game. It wasn't designed for ball control like football.

there's a reason I can't watch the NBA anymore until the playoffs start. and even those pale in comparison to what they used to be (although I'll admit this playoffs has been entertaining).

ur making me yawn

Why are the refs always the focus during championships? Takes away from the game. I do think as with the Superbowl, Championship games can tend to be overofficiated. Let the players play. I find it extemely difficult to believe that any team could be fouled almost 50 times and the other team was only fouled 25 times. You could call fouls on 80-90% of the plays in any sport any game if you really wanted to, just cut it out and let the game be decided on the court so we as fans don't have to argue or listen to this nonsense.
If the Refs want to decide games, fine, suit up and make a team if not stay in the background and out of the way.

Section126 said:
Are you actually serious? What's surprising is that you're old enough to have seen those games. Bird, McHale, Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Isiah, Jordan, King...the list goes on and on. Players knew how to shoot and play team basketball and games were much more exciting.

Also, officials let these teams play. They would certainly never call a ticky-tack touch foul (to bail out a guy who had no chance of making the basket at all) with 1.9 seconds left of the most pivotal game of the NBA Finals. Face it, the NBA is now a business. Stern wants big markets and big stars to win. Period.

dallas dosnt have a dwyane wade...we keep crying here and dont realize that miami had two guys that led the league in free throw attempts/game...this isnt nothing new to this team...dallas is a jump shooting team that doesnt drive as much.....this difference is clearly going to be seen....wade is a guy who lives on contact...he drives he creates contact, he fakes he creates contact...he's been doing it all year

B-LO said:
Are you actually serious? What's surprising is that you're old enough to have seen those games. Bird, McHale, Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Isiah, Jordan, King...the list goes on and on. Players knew how to shoot and play team basketball and games were much more exciting.

Also, officials let these teams play. They would certainly never call a ticky-tack touch foul (to bail out a guy who had no chance of making the basket at all) with 1.9 seconds left of the most pivotal game of the NBA Finals. Face it, the NBA is now a business. Stern wants big markets and big stars to win. Period.

wade finishes....this is insane.....i cant understand all the whining..thread should be abolished...a bills fan just entered the convo

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

trate121hb said:
wade finishes....this is insane.....i cant understand all the whining..thread should be abolished...a bills fan just entered the convo

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

the thread should be abolished because a Bills fan entered it? He has just as much the right to post as you do.

Rocky Raccoon said:
the thread should be abolished because a Bills fan entered it? He has just as much the right to post as you do.

just a joke...

and by the way, in 91, the NBA's average shooting percentage was about 47.4%.

in 01, it was 44.3%, and by midseason of 02-03 it was about 43.5%. By December of the 03-04 season, it was at about 42.6%. Shooting percentages have been on the decline.

Oh, and Magic's 84-85 Lakers shot 54.5% of their shots.

Back
Top Bottom