Marino said it wasn't a foul!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino said it wasn't a foul!!

CubanCulebra said:
Everything gets balanced out though because there were some awful calls late in the game against our D. Difference is that the Wade one stands out since it was the gamebreaker. The time out should have been returned to the Mavs.

howard called it and started walking toward the bench so no he should not have gotten it back...this is the finals... he is supposed to keep his head on his shoulders...and clearly it was somewhere on the floor...i really enjoyed Avery Johnson getting T'ed up and shouting all the damn time...

MiamiDolfan said:
that was a humogus bull**** foul he wasnt even touched and josh howard was askin if he should call timeout with his hand gestures that heat got a freebee las nite (the refs were crap on both sides)

yes, the refs totally screwed the mavs, that was horrible :fire:

Montella said:

clear.gif

No it looks like Harris screwed the Mavs....

there's another photo on espn's site of dirk's hand clearly on wade's hip. i think that's what they called the foul on. however, harris did bump him twice, but i think the refs were willing to let it go. once dirk gave the third bump, the refs figured that was enough.

face it. howard misses two free throws and wade makes two free throws. the more clutch player one.

PhinSoldia said:
howard called it and started walking toward the bench so no he should not have gotten it back...this is the finals... he is supposed to keep his head on his shoulders...and clearly it was somewhere on the floor...i really enjoyed Avery Johnson getting T'ed up and shouting all the damn time...

I feel you but it's the Finals dude. If you're the ref, you know that time out is coming after the second shot. Everyone knows. It's common sense. So why ruin the aesthetic of a great championship game on a technicality?

Montella said:

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

And yes to whoever pointed that out, Howard called timeout and WALKED TO THE BENCH. He screwed up big time, and furthermore, I don't think he knew the team only had 1 timeout remaining. I think he had 2 timeouts on his mind.

Avery Johnson is to blame, because he's the one who screwed up. I am one of the BIGGEST Avery Johnson AND Josh Howard fans outside of Dallas fans (I followed Howard through college and wanted Miami to move back into the first round for him in '03)...however, Avery is to blame. You do not signal a timeout to your player, you call him over to the sidelines and specifically tell him when to call it.

Oh, and do not forget Howard's missed free throws. If he nailed 'em, Dallas would've been up by 3 with seconds remaining. This would've forced Miami to put up a triple or try and get a quick bucket + have to foul Dallas.

NBA refs are at least as bad as Phil Luckett was and almost bad enough to work the World Cup.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
NBA refs are almost bad enough to work the World Cup.

Blueprint said:

And yes to whoever pointed that out, Howard called timeout and WALKED TO THE BENCH. He screwed up big time, and furthermore, I don't think he knew the team only had 1 timeout remaining. I think he had 2 timeouts on his mind.

Avery Johnson is to blame, because he's the one who screwed up. I am one of the BIGGEST Avery Johnson AND Josh Howard fans outside of Dallas fans (I followed Howard through college and wanted Miami to move back into the first round for him in '03)...however, Avery is to blame. You do not signal a timeout to your player, you call him over to the sidelines and specifically tell him when to call it.

Oh, and do not forget Howard's missed free throws. If he nailed 'em, Dallas would've been up by 3 with seconds remaining. This would've forced Miami to put up a triple or try and get a quick bucket + have to foul Dallas.

It's pretty useless trying to down-play your bias towards the Heat with that " I am one of the BIGGEST Avery AND Josh Howard fans" with the monster size Wade sig. I'm a Heat fan and I think the timeout call should have been reversed. Simple mistake. Not a big deal. Don't steal the moment. Today everyone would be discussing the crazy last second shot attempt by whomever that might have splashed down if not for the Heat D and not some controversial call. Savvy?

its basketball.... anything could be a foul it depends on when they decide to call it. It's lame.

DallasDolfan said:
I heard Marino on the radio today and the interviewer asked him if he watched the Mavs-Heat game last night, and he said yes. Asked about the end of the game he said there was definitely no foul on Wade's last drive and the ref's also botched the time out call. This is also in concurance of what a lot of national media folks are saying today. The Mavs (Cuban) get ripped again.

I didn't see the play so I can't comment, but merely quoting a sports announcer's opinion (especially one that isn't an NBA commentator) as proof that the call was wrong is a logical fallacy.

14vo5n7-1.jpg

Dirks hand on the back (clearly he is applying SOME pressure you can tell he is pressing, look at his hand)

Back
Top Bottom