Marino said it wasn't a foul!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino said it wasn't a foul!!

There wasnt a foul it was a ticky tack call to get Miami to the line.I cant believe you heat fans actually thought it was a foul ive seen worse fouls that dont even get called.

Majpain said:
There wasnt a foul it was a ticky tack call to get Miami to the line.I cant believe you heat fans actually thought it was a foul ive seen worse fouls that dont even get called.

clear.gif

Yeah Harris isnt slapping/grabbing is arm at all :rolleyes:

CubanCulebra said:
It's pretty useless trying to down-play your bias towards the Heat with that " I am one of the BIGGEST Avery AND Josh Howard fans" with the monster size Wade sig. I'm a Heat fan and I think the timeout call should have been reversed. Simple mistake. Not a big deal. Don't steal the moment. Today everyone would be discussing the crazy last second shot attempt by whomever that might have splashed down if not for the Heat D and not some controversial call. Savvy?
WRONG - Go to the official Heat thread and ask who is the opposite of "unbiased" - A lot of replies will have my name there, becuase I curse this team more than anybody, and I even admit when Wade is having a bad night. I'm not even trying to downplay anything. Ask me my five favorite basketball players and I'll give you Dwyane Wade, Ray Allen, LeBron James, Caron Butler, & Josh Howard. There is no bias, to say the call should be reversed is just living in denial.

It's sad that people think the timeout should've been reversed. WHY? What does that teach a player? If you make a call, guess what, the call SHOULD stand. He made a mental error and everybody knows it. Howard made the call and walked to the bench, so basically, he KNEW he was making the call. Period, point, blank.

Now, I'm done discussing Game 5. We're exactly 24 hours away from Game 6. Time to move on. :cooldude:

ok, ok the fact is a foul was called and DW made his shots. as for the timeout, they still had 1.9 seconds left. If he would have called it correctly, it would have gone from a 98 foot hail mary to a 40 foot one... based on the performance of shooting by the mavs in OT i don't think the 40 would have made it either.

DallasDolfan said:
I heard Marino on the radio today and the interviewer asked him if he watched the Mavs-Heat game last night, and he said yes. Asked about the end of the game he said there was definitely no foul on Wade's last drive and the ref's also botched the time out call. This is also in concurance of what a lot of national media folks are saying today. The Mavs (Cuban) get ripped again.

He was right and wrong. It was not a foul, but instead it was two fouls.

As for the time out, that was just a totally stupid thing for the young coach to do. You never motion to take a timeout unless you want it right then and there. He confused his own player, and I thank him.

He made his own player take the blame, and should have just came out and said it was "my fault". Now his young player is going to have to live with being dubbed a bonehead....

CubanCulebra said:
NICE! Still, It's not a call that should be made at that junture in the game. The foul should have to be overwhelming. And i'm a huge Heat fan. But I'll take it because we get dogged by the refs too. Hell, doors gotta swing both ways.

He altered Wade's shot by touching him. You wanna alter a shot you get in the way of it, not knock the guys arm down. That had to be a foul.

Majpain said:

If you look at a great picture of the shot just a couple of posts back you can CLEARLY see a Mavs player clutching the arm Wade was using to attempt the shot.

No debate here, it was a foul.

Majpain said:
I just loved the fact they called it on Dirk.

Yeah..me too..because he never gets called for anything.

The real foul was on Harris..although Dirk also committed a foul.

I love how Mav Fans are complaining about calls... the calls on the heat were horrible... any call that was close went on their side throughout the whole game it seemed like. Throughout the series and im talking about at Miami. But for people who are saying it wasnt a foul? Someone posted a picture of the Mavs holding d-wades arm on his drive... a foul is a foul if you hold someone arm thats a foul. **** Marino haha im a dolphins fan but Wade gonna get us a ring.

DallasDolfan said:
I heard Marino on the radio today and the interviewer asked him if he watched the Mavs-Heat game last night, and he said yes. Asked about the end of the game he said there was definitely no foul on Wade's last drive and the ref's also botched the time out call. This is also in concurance of what a lot of national media folks are saying today. The Mavs (Cuban) get ripped again.
And Marino didnt play basketball so it dont matter, plus hes supposed to support Miami:rolleyes: Marino has lost some points for me.:lol:

Ozzy said:
He was right and wrong. It was not a foul, but instead it was two fouls.

As for the time out, that was just a totally stupid thing for the young coach to do. You never motion to take a timeout unless you want it right then and there. He confused his own player, and I thank him.

He made his own player take the blame, and should have just came out and said it was "my fault". Now his young player is going to have to live with being dubbed a bonehead....

it's too bad for howard, because i, too, believe that was johnson's mistake. he signalled for a timeout. unequivocally. howard looked at him and mimicked the signal. he started walking toward the bench. dirk started walking across the lane. chaos ensued. why didn't johnson pull jason terry (who was busy trying to psych wade out by talking to him) aside and tell him exactly what to do? why assume the refs know what you're doing? why assume howard knows what you're doing? why blame everybody else when you could have nipped your own problem in the bud?

trate121hb said:
listen he was fouled and pics have shown and josh howard asked for timeout and was walking towards the bench....he screwed up and called it when he shouldnt have......i heard that the refs could have overturned the call so maybe tht was an error but lets not say josh howard was not calling a timeout....i was there and i clearly saw it

It was a ticky tack foul if that. I hate it when refs bail out a guy who goes up uncontrollably at the end of game on ticky tack call. No ticky tack call should decide a game especially a finals game it just ridiculous. This foul wouldnt have been call in the 80's the last time basketball was any good. This is how bad the NBA has gone sour.

DPlus47 said:
it's too bad for howard, because i, too, believe that was johnson's mistake. he signalled for a timeout. unequivocally. howard looked at him and mimicked the signal. he started walking toward the bench. dirk started walking across the lane. chaos ensued. why didn't johnson pull jason terry (who was busy trying to psych wade out by talking to him) aside and tell him exactly what to do? why assume the refs know what you're doing? why assume howard knows what you're doing? why blame everybody else when you could have nipped your own problem in the bud?

I actually felt bad for Howard, who already has one incident like this in the back of his mind. The look on Howard's face told the story. That was not the look of someone who knew the refs were wrong. That was the look of oh no, what did I just do..

As for Terry jawing with Wade, Howard was doing it too. But did you happen to read Wades lips when he was taunted? His words were "I live for this", then WHOOOOOOSHHH, nothin but net.

Back
Top Bottom