Marino said it wasn't a foul!! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino said it wasn't a foul!!

B-LO said:
Are you actually serious? What's surprising is that you're old enough to have seen those games. Bird, McHale, Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Isiah, Jordan, King...the list goes on and on. Players knew how to shoot and play team basketball and games were much more exciting.

Also, officials let these teams play. They would certainly never call a ticky-tack touch foul (to bail out a guy who had no chance of making the basket at all) with 1.9 seconds left of the most pivotal game of the NBA Finals. Face it, the NBA is now a business. Stern wants big markets and big stars to win. Period.

I am old enough...and you aren't. I think that says alot about this conversation.

Great individual players. Crappy team basketball.

trate121hb said:
wade finishes....this is insane.....i cant understand all the whining..thread should be abolished...a bills fan just entered the convo

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:
As a basketball fan with no interest in either team, I was furious at how that game ended.

Imagine if Miami was up by six in the Super Bowl and were called for pass interference on a Hail Mary by the opposing team with, like, four seconds left. Maybe there was some contact, but not enough to warrant a game-changing penalty. That's kinda what happened last night.

Section126 said:
I am old enough...and you aren't. I think that says alot about this conversation.

Great individual players. Crappy team basketball.
You are describing the NBA since about 1996, definitely not the late 80s.

this has been a fun time on this thread...a ittle crzy but fun...lets hope for a cean game tomorrow....a nice whoopin by miami...

RobFins2005 said:
and by the way, in 91, the NBA's average shooting percentage was about 47.4%.

in 01, it was 44.3%, and by midseason of 02-03 it was about 43.5%. By December of the 03-04 season, it was at about 42.6%. Shooting percentages have been on the decline.

Oh, and Magic's 84-85 Lakers shot 54.5% of their shots.

wade shoots a high %....thats why i love the kid..his efficiency....

B-LO said:
As a basketball fan with no interest in either team, I was furious at how that game ended.

Imagine if Miami was up by six in the Super Bowl and were called for pass interference on a Hail Mary by the opposing team with, like, four seconds left. Maybe there was some contact, but not enough to warrant a game-changing penalty. That's kinda what happened last night.

wasnt really a hail mary though....listen i know hot=w that goes and id probably be pissed off today but point is we didnt get a lot of cals in the first couple games yet we arent complaining as much.....just a shame to complain that much.....give wade credit for getting through the entire team without a screen or anything.....and he's clearly touched..on effort alone the refs mad the right call in calling the it.....tremendous effort to ge to the basket

Section126 said:

(laughing at the hypocrisy of this comment when thinking back to the comment Section made to Boomer in the soccer thread).

As far as crappy team basketball, then why is it that leading scorers on teams nowadays score a larger proportion of their team's points than back in the 80s?

Leading scorers on teams are often scoring 28%-30% or more of their team's points nowadays, which is definitely something that wasn't the norm in the 80s.

DwayneWade said:
I love how Mav Fans are complaining about calls... the calls on the heat were horrible... any call that was close went on their side throughout the whole game it seemed like. Throughout the series and im talking about at Miami. But for people who are saying it wasnt a foul? Someone posted a picture of the Mavs holding d-wades arm on his drive... a foul is a foul if you hold someone arm thats a foul. **** Marino haha im a dolphins fan but Wade gonna get us a ring.

I'm not a mavs fan I'm acutally going for Heat (if I had to pick)I just feel it was tacky call be cause you will see the samething or even worst not be called.I guarntee it if Wade did that to mavs player and it cost them the game Heat fans would be pissed off.Well some of them anyways.

RobFins2005 said:
(laughing at the hypocrisy of this comment when thinking back to the comment Section made to Boomer in the soccer thread).

As far as crappy team basketball, then why is it that leading scorers on teams nowadays score a larger proportion of their team's points than back in the 80s?

Leading scorers on teams are often scoring 28%-30% or more of their team's points nowadays, which is definitely something that wasn't the norm in the 80s.

Because in my prime I would have averaged about 12 to 15 points a game by just shooting wide open jumpers all day.

Seriously..watch one of those NBA TV "greatest games" replays...then laugh your azz off.

Majpain said:
I'm not a mavs fan I'm acutally going for Heat (if I had to pick)I just feel it was tacky call be cause you will see the samething or even worst not be called.I guarntee it if Wade did that to mavs player and it cost them the game Heat fans would be pissed off.Well some of them anyways.

You deserve to be nominated for level-headed poster of the week. Congrats

Let them play IMO.

Wade initiates contact all game and they keep bailing him out. Dirk turns into guys and gets bailed out all game long.

Shaq gets fouled 100 times a guy.

Just let them play. Let the basketball players determine who wins and who loses. This entire playoff season, the referees have determined who wins and who loses by what they allow and don't allow.

I'm believing more and more some of the stuff Cuban spews. The NBA is more concerned with marketing their stars and "entertainment" at the game than they are in the actual on-court product.

Just let them play.

Back
Top Bottom