Marino sucked | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
mercury1972 said:
Isn't there ONE Dolphan that can answer my questions? Of course there isn't. Everything I said is totally true. Marino sucked!

Mikefan22

Maybe because it might be the dumbest statement ever made on this board from a so called dolphins fan! :eek: :eek: :shakeno:

mercury1972 said:
Isn't there ONE Dolphan that can answer my questions? Of course there isn't. Everything I said is totally true. Marino sucked!

Does your mom know you are on the computer? You're gonna be in trouble!

Now get back in bed with your sister before you get caught!

MArino had a defense. Remember the killer bees? It was the offense that killed the defense. I cant count how many 3 and outs there were from the offense. There was running game but Marino just wanted the spot light. He blew. Answer my questions! Has anone EVER seen him qb sneak? Run for a first down? Did he have a play action fake? All answers are NO! He SUCKED!

mercury1972 said:
I am a die hard Dolphan since 1970. I would just like to say that Marino sucked. When you look at complete QB's, you don't think of Marino. Has anyone EVER seen him quarterback sneak when it was 3rd or 4th and inches? No! I've seen drive after drive stall when he handed off four yards in the backfield only for a loss of two when a simple quarterback sneak would have done just fine. He was a punk! Did he even have a play action fake? No! Let me ask everyone this. When he went out with an injury, why did all the other qb's put up BIG numbers? Kosar ( was past his prime), DeBerg (way past his prime), Mitchell (never had a prime) etc. I'll tell you why. It was the system and the receivers. When a quarterback throws as much as Marino he better put up 350 yards and 2-3 td's. He was a BUM!
:smackhead You must be really bored this holiday weekend to bring in some weak @ss smack about a Dolphin legend!

Look at all the replies. All name calling and no substance. I expected this. Most Dolphans are ignorant when it comes to real football and not make believe ball. Can anyone answer my questions? Doubtful. Just alot of name calling and no substance.

mercury1972 said:
I am a die hard Dolphan since 1970. I would just like to say that Marino sucked. When you look at complete QB's, you don't think of Marino. Has anyone EVER seen him quarterback sneak when it was 3rd or 4th and inches? No! I've seen drive after drive stall when he handed off four yards in the backfield only for a loss of two when a simple quarterback sneak would have done just fine. He was a punk! Did he even have a play action fake? No! Let me ask everyone this. When he went out with an injury, why did all the other qb's put up BIG numbers? Kosar ( was past his prime), DeBerg (way past his prime), Mitchell (never had a prime) etc. I'll tell you why. It was the system and the receivers. When a quarterback throws as much as Marino he better put up 350 yards and 2-3 td's. He was a BUM!
What's the matter did mom turn off Barney on you?

mercury1972 said:
MArino had a defense. Remember the killer bees? It was the offense that killed the defense. I cant count how many 3 and outs there were from the offense. There was running game but Marino just wanted the spot light. He blew. Answer my questions! Has anone EVER seen him qb sneak? Run for a first down? Did he have a play action fake? All answers are NO! He SUCKED!

Who was the running game? :confused:

mercury1972 said:
Marino Sucked?... don't know about that. I think he did has some deficiencies but I'm not sure they were his fault. He was never a running qb and to list that as a reason he sucks is pretty lame. You don't get into the hall of fame if you suck. Regardless of who or where you played. He was a gun slinger no doubt about that. His style did lead to a lack of a runing game because you could rely on him to get you out of any mess that came along during the game.

BTW I believe this is a set up.....LOL

Recievers

If you are saying that the stellar Recievers Marino played with was the key to his fourtune, think again. He has only had a handfull of recievers who were ever good. He had no one great like a Irven or a Moss to pad his stats. If he was sucha bum QB can you imagine what his numbers would have been like if he had Rice to throw to? That was the reason he never won a superbowl.

Oh yeah, if you dont want to insinuate name calling on this Board, don't dis the man. If you said Marino was underated or something, that is one thing. To mock his records and call him a bum is quite another. Fiedler inherited the same system as Marino, where were his 350 yard passing games?

You are a troll and should be removed from this board. For your offensive comments and attitude.

mercury1972 said:
Has anyone EVER seen him quarterback sneak when it was 3rd or 4th and inches? No! I've seen drive after drive stall when he handed off four yards in the backfield only for a loss of two when a simple quarterback sneak would have done just fine.

Your entire arguement is that a great quarterback is defined by his sneaking abilities. Right there you prove to us that you know NOTHING about football or the Qb position.

And your blame for those stalled drives lies with the QB? What about not having an RB worth a damn to hand the ball off to in short yardage situations. There are such things as short yardage backs, almost all teams have them, and Marino never played with one with any type of consistancy.

You are quick to judge his running skills, yet completely ignore his passing skills in your evaluation. Marino is defined by you as "Sucking" because he didn't have mobility. That's all well and good except a great QB is defined by his throwing ability which Marino went on to set every major statistic scoring record for.

BUT WAIT! Your right, I forgot, all those running quarterbacks have been year after year piling up the superbowl rings. Their legs have carried them to all those championships.... :lol: Psst that was sarcasm, running QB's don't win championships and won't until a system is designed specifically to utilize their running skills.

Over all I think we can all agree that mercury1972 knows about as much about football as my little sister.

He got us into alot of messes. ANSWER MY QUESTIONS? EVER SEE HIM QB SNEAK? DID HE HAVE A PLAY ACTION FAKE? WHY DID ALL THE QB'S THAT CAME IN REPLACE OF HIM PUT UP HUGE NUMBERS? QUIT THE FANTASIZING ABOUT HIM AND GIVE ME SOME SUBSTANCE! THE TRUTH IS THAT CLAYTON AND DUPER MADE HIM! PERIOD. AFTER THEY WERE GONE HE WAS JUST ANOTHER AVERAGE AT BEST QB!

mercury1972 said:

I think the only point worth debating in your awful post is the numbers that the back-up QB's put up.

None of them, I repeat, NONE OF THEM put up numbers comparable to Marino's. Not one of them would have been on pace for 40+ TD's or 4,000 yards if you project their numbers over the course of a full season. If you were as knowledgeable about football as your claiming to be, you should have done that homework yourself before saying that his back-ups put up the same numbers as Marino. But instead of doing research, you just came in, ran your mouth, and now you look like an *** (as you should).

Even Jimmy Johnson- who didn't get along with Marino made a very telling comment in his first season in Miami after Marino got injured. He said "I've never seen 1 player getting injured affect a team so much."

Great football minds like Bill Walsh (you know the guy who coached Montana), has called Marino the epitomy of what QB's should be. Jerry Rice says Marino is the 1 guy he wished he could have played with. I'd say those guys know a little more than you about great QB's.

There's not 1 competent football fan that wouldn't have Marino at least in their top 3 when talking about all time Qb's. Obviously, you're not very competent, so that explains why you don't hold him in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom