Marino sucked | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
mercury1972 said:
He got us into alot of messes. ANSWER MY QUESTIONS? EVER SEE HIM QB SNEAK? DID HE HAVE A PLAY ACTION FAKE? WHY DID ALL THE QB'S THAT CAME IN REPLACE OF HIM PUT UP HUGE NUMBERS? QUIT THE FANTASIZING ABOUT HIM AND GIVE ME SOME SUBSTANCE! THE TRUTH IS THAT CLAYTON AND DUPER MADE HIM! PERIOD. AFTER THEY WERE GONE HE WAS JUST ANOTHER AVERAGE AT BEST QB!
what qb's put up huge numbers when they replaced him?..yuo will need to show me some stats to back up that statement...I can assure yuo you will not find them

I cant give you the exacts but one of his last years in the league he did do a QB sneak. I believe it was against the falcons. It was a Qb draw right up the middle for a 4 yard touchdown. If anyone knows of a site to get old boxscores it should tell you if im right.

And for Marino sucking, yea i bet if Jim Everett or Stony Case through the ball more often than not they would be going to the Hall to.

Your argument fails to address why he could have achieved all of the major milestone records (most TDs, Receptions, 2nd hightest wins of all time) if he sucked.

Clearly you are a fool. You are an imbecile that has nothing better to do with your day than try to inflame people. Go back to your Spiderhold, Saddam.

All the replies are typical of ignorant Dolphans that don't know squat about what real football players are. Another question: Did you EVER see Marino try and make a tackle after any of his numerous picks? Don't think so. He ran like hell in the other direction so he wouldn't get touched. He was a gunslinger..that much is true. But complete football players play like men..not women who are afraid to get touched!

mercury1972 said:
He got us into alot of messes. ANSWER MY QUESTIONS? EVER SEE HIM QB SNEAK? DID HE HAVE A PLAY ACTION FAKE? WHY DID ALL THE QB'S THAT CAME IN REPLACE OF HIM PUT UP HUGE NUMBERS? QUIT THE FANTASIZING ABOUT HIM AND GIVE ME SOME SUBSTANCE! THE TRUTH IS THAT CLAYTON AND DUPER MADE HIM! PERIOD. AFTER THEY WERE GONE HE WAS JUST ANOTHER AVERAGE AT BEST QB!

He did plenty of play action fakes, but the defense never bit because everyone knew that he was always gonna pass the ball.

Nice try but his play action fakes..if that's what you call them fooled noone!

Oh ya. I almost forgot. Why did he screw us when he said he would be Gm and then stuck it to us? Cause he's a coward and the job was too tough.

mercury1972 said:
I am a die hard Dolphan since 1970. I would just like to say that Marino sucked. When you look at complete QB's, you don't think of Marino. Has anyone EVER seen him quarterback sneak when it was 3rd or 4th and inches? No! I've seen drive after drive stall when he handed off four yards in the backfield only for a loss of two when a simple quarterback sneak would have done just fine. He was a punk! Did he even have a play action fake? No! Let me ask everyone this. When he went out with an injury, why did all the other qb's put up BIG numbers? Kosar ( was past his prime), DeBerg (way past his prime), Mitchell (never had a prime) etc. I'll tell you why. It was the system and the receivers. When a quarterback throws as much as Marino he better put up 350 yards and 2-3 td's. He was a BUM!
:stupid: :ban:

mercury1972 said:
I am a die hard Dolphan since 1970. I would just like to say that Marino sucked. When you look at complete QB's, you don't think of Marino. Has anyone EVER seen him quarterback sneak when it was 3rd or 4th and inches? No! I've seen drive after drive stall when he handed off four yards in the backfield only for a loss of two when a simple quarterback sneak would have done just fine. He was a punk! Did he even have a play action fake? No! Let me ask everyone this. When he went out with an injury, why did all the other qb's put up BIG numbers? Kosar ( was past his prime), DeBerg (way past his prime), Mitchell (never had a prime) etc. I'll tell you why. It was the system and the receivers. When a quarterback throws as much as Marino he better put up 350 yards and 2-3 td's. He was a BUM!
It's probably a good idea to switch screen names right abouttttt........NOW!! Marino had some of the most injured knees in the business (didn't you ever notice the MASSIVE braces under his uniform? Are you actually a Dolphins Fan?? Do you honestly think they were going to chance furthering his injuries by throwing him into a pile of 300 lb men!!?? I hope u can accept criticism really well, because I see alot coming your way

mercury1972 said:
Nice try but his play action fakes..if that's what you call them fooled noone!

Nice try? I'm not trying to trick you or anything. He did them but since we had stiffs back there no one bit at the fakes. He did do them, and I recall saying to myself "he could try a little harder to sell that". I agreed with you that his play action wasnt effective.

In his career, Marino has rushed for a touchdown nine times in the regular season (ten, including playoffs): Dec. 27, 1998 at Atlanta, three yards, Dec. 12, 1994 vs. Kansas City, four yards, Sept. 26, 1993 at Buffalo, four yards; Dec. 15, 1991 at San Diego, 10 yards; Dec. 10, 1989 vs. New England, one yard; Oct. 15, 1989 at Cincinnati, one yard; Dec. 7, 1987 vs. N.Y. Jets, five yards; Nov. 20, 1983 vs. Baltimore, one yard; and Oct. 30, 1983 vs. L.A. Rams, two yards (and one playoff contest -- Jan. 12, 1991 at Buffalo in AFC Division Playoff contest, two yards)...

So when you said can anyone please tell me one time Marino sneaked, well hear you go.

Maybe instead of being wrong on football you should go for a walk and find the face of the Earth and sneak into that

Jay Fiedler was born December 29th, 1971. Two days... just two days away from 1972 and I thought I had it figured out that Mercury1972 is infact Jay Fiedler. Back to the drawing board... Where was Jimmy Johnson in 1972? :hmmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom