Marino sucked | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
mercury1972 said:
I am a die hard Dolphan since 1970. I would just like to say that Marino sucked. When you look at complete QB's, you don't think of Marino. Has anyone EVER seen him quarterback sneak when it was 3rd or 4th and inches? No! I've seen drive after drive stall when he handed off four yards in the backfield only for a loss of two when a simple quarterback sneak would have done just fine. He was a punk! Did he even have a play action fake? No! Let me ask everyone this. When he went out with an injury, why did all the other qb's put up BIG numbers? Kosar ( was past his prime), DeBerg (way past his prime), Mitchell (never had a prime) etc. I'll tell you why. It was the system and the receivers. When a quarterback throws as much as Marino he better put up 350 yards and 2-3 td's. He was a BUM!

Your an idiot! You and only you believe that he's a system qb.

mercury1972 said:
All the replies are typical of ignorant Dolphans that don't know squat about what real football players are. Another question: Did you EVER see Marino try and make a tackle after any of his numerous picks? Don't think so. He ran like hell in the other direction so he wouldn't get touched. He was a gunslinger..that much is true. But complete football players play like men..not women who are afraid to get touched!

WOW... I will attempt to answer a few ?'s... QB sneaks = who cares.. Play happens maybe once or twice a game and Marino did sneak if you ever watched games. He didn't move great outside the pocket, but threw the ball before he took that many sacks. As far as Marino tackling skills I would rate them as below average. As a QB he only holds the records in most every catergory so I would rate him HOF.

Have you forgotten, or maybe you were to blind to see, Marino's great play clock play that totally caught the Jets with their pants down?

Marino will be inducted into the Hall of Fame as the greatest pure passer of all time! could he beat you with his scrambling ability?no, but could he beat you with his arm and his feet? yes. Could he outsmart you on the football field? Absolutely.

He holds more records than any other quarterback to ever play this game, and you call him a bum? What are your qualifications? Did you ever win a superbowl? Can you spiral a football into the eye of a needle and have it caught by a receiver covered by two defenders? No one ever has or ever will play the game of football with the heart and intensity of Dan Marino.

On fourth and inches, Marino never needed to do a qb sneak. He had an arm that allowed him to throw the ball on these downs and score. That's better than gambling on a qb sneak anyday, in anybody's book.

You say you are a Dolphins fan since 1970 and yet you call the greatest qb this team has ever had a bum?

Maybe you should get in touch with reality..who's a better pure passer than Marino? who holds more records than he does? Who will ever lead another team with the abilities that Marino offered? There isn't one any better, and there will not be another to lead any team.

mercury1972 said:
He got us into alot of messes. ANSWER MY QUESTIONS? EVER SEE HIM QB SNEAK? DID HE HAVE A PLAY ACTION FAKE? WHY DID ALL THE QB'S THAT CAME IN REPLACE OF HIM PUT UP HUGE NUMBERS? QUIT THE FANTASIZING ABOUT HIM AND GIVE ME SOME SUBSTANCE! THE TRUTH IS THAT CLAYTON AND DUPER MADE HIM! PERIOD. AFTER THEY WERE GONE HE WAS JUST ANOTHER AVERAGE AT BEST QB!
He wasn't a mobile qb and every team we played knew that....so why not pressure the qb more? Because Marino would make defenses pay with his quick release and his ability to read defenses....yeah, a real "bum". Why even watch the Dolphins if you're going to degrade one of the, if not THE best player in Fins history!? So, let's get your thoughts....who was the best qb ever for the Fins? Or if not qb, who is the best player they ever had??

mercury1972 said:
MArino had a defense. Remember the killer bees? It was the offense that killed the defense. I cant count how many 3 and outs there were from the offense. There was running game but Marino just wanted the spot light. He blew. Answer my questions! Has anone EVER seen him qb sneak? Run for a first down? Did he have a play action fake? All answers are NO! He SUCKED!

I don't know about you but I've seen him do a QB sneak for a TD. It was vs. the Falcons when they had Jamal Anderson and made the Super Bowl. Although we got ripped apart he DID do a QB sneak, just a heads up

Ok Idiot stick!
-Career Passing Yards 61,361
-Touchdown Passes 420
-Attempted Passes 8,358
-1983 Rookie of the Year
-1984 League MVP
=
One hell of a Damn Good Quarterback. So go back in your trailer, I think your mommas callin' you and stay out of the old mans scotch!
Ban, Bye Bye, you'll be lucky if only the door hits your a$$ on the way out! :fire:

mercury1972 said:
Has anyone EVER seen him quarterback sneak when it was 3rd or 4th and inches? No! QUOTE]\

first off, i would just like to remind you that your a clown. second of all who owns almost every major passing record in the history of the game?....marino. just cause a guy doesnt sneak the ball up the midde on 3rd and inches doesnt mean he sucks. peyton manning sure as hell doesnt sneak on 3rd and short, neither does brett favre. why would u sneak the ball for a few feet, when you can drop back and throw for 15 yards? stop hating by the way...hater!

Marino was arguably the best to ever play the position. Since the 80s the only QBs who can compare are Montana, Elway, Manning and Favre. I personally think only Elway might be considered actually better and only because of his mobility.

Marino had the best arm I have ever seen. What killed Marino was wide receiver talent(after Clayton and Duper retired) and the unbelievable football crime of never having played with a legitimate running back to keep defenses honest. The fact he was able to do what he did with an incomplete offense is simply amazing.

Those were not sneaks. They were broken plays. Hellooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

The Killer Bees were in there prime in the early 80's. They got to the Super Bowl with Woodley and Strock. By the time Marino got there, there weren't many of those members there and the ones who were there were past there prime. So as far as a great defense, he had none.

mercury1972 said:
Did he have a play action fake?
you need a solid running back to sell the playaction...if youre such a great fan as you say, can you remember any good backs that marino had to give the ball to.....cause i sure as hell cant.

mercury1972 said:
Those were not sneaks. They were broken plays. Hellooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

I guess you didn't you didn't watch any of those game! :eek: :shakeno:

Hey, I have a question. Where are the Mods? And when is this jackazz troll gonna get banned for wasting time and bandwidth.

I can't believe there is 4 pages of replies to this guy. You're doing exactly what he wants by replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom