Marino sucked | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino sucked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know more about football than all of you deadbeats. I played for six years and coached for eight. That makes me much more qualified than you illusioned fans. Wake up!

mercury1972 said:
Waiste your time? Why reply or even read this? It has a subject matter posted. You've waisted your own time. I suppose you think Richmond Webb was a good lineman?
Ummmmm.....now we know you're not a Dolphins fan

mercury1972 said:
I know more about football than all of you deadbeats. I played for six years and coached for eight. That makes me much more qualified than you illusioned fans. Wake up!
I think I remember you playing "left out" for all 6 years.....and admitting to coaching powder puff is pretty embarrasing

So Manning and Favre must suck too right?

I think Marino can still throw a better pass than 75% of the quarterbacks in the league. It's not Marino's fault if the best RB he had behind him was Kareem Abdul-Jabbar.

Marino had to pass out of need most of the time, because, why would you run it one third and short when you know that it's going to go for anywhere between 2 and -4 yards?

Towards the end of his brilliant career, many announcers pointed out that Marino wasn't a scrambler, but was still very mobile. He had an incredible knack for avoiding the first tackler. He could make them miss or step up, or just flat out avoid them, and then gun it out to to a reciever or RB for a 5 yard gain as opposed to a 5 yard sack.

Just because he doesn't pull the ball down and run for 35 yards, or doesn't throw himself into the pile on third or forth and 1 doesn't mean that as a quarterback he sucked.

Maybe it never crossed your mind that some of it had to do with the offesive coordinator and the coaching. Jimmy Johnson and co. tried to take the ball out of Marino's hands. If you're a diehard Dolphins fan, you should remember the results.

Marino singlehandedly put this franchise on his shoulders for 17 years, and shouuld be celebrated as one of the best players to ever play the game, quarterback or otherwise, not someone that "sucked" because he didn't tuck and run.

mercury1972 said:
Big numbers? Go back and look at DeBergs, Kosars and Mitchells and let me know what you find? The exact if not BETTER numbes than Marinos!!

Stats with the Dolpins - total

Deberg - 60.1%, 1521 yards, 6 td's, 7 int's

Kosar - 69%, 987 yards, 5 td's, 6 int's

Mitchell - 56.8%. 1805 yars, 12 td's, 9 ints

Those are better #'s than Marino..????????:lol:

mercury1972 said:

Pee-Wee football doesn't count.

Ok it's time for you to fess up....you''re a fan of the Jets? Bills? Pats?

mercury1972 said:
He got us into alot of messes. ANSWER MY QUESTIONS? EVER SEE HIM QB SNEAK? DID HE HAVE A PLAY ACTION FAKE? WHY DID ALL THE QB'S THAT CAME IN REPLACE OF HIM PUT UP HUGE NUMBERS? QUIT THE FANTASIZING ABOUT HIM AND GIVE ME SOME SUBSTANCE! THE TRUTH IS THAT CLAYTON AND DUPER MADE HIM! PERIOD. AFTER THEY WERE GONE HE WAS JUST ANOTHER AVERAGE AT BEST QB!
Your post doesnt deserve any answer, you are a lost child, which I cant not really tell you how you make me feel, because I dont wann get ban.....you better stop this farse.

Marino DID NOT suck at all. I think If you stated he is/was OVER-RATED , which I don't agree with, you might not have gotten your head chewed off as much.

But, I agree that some people (finfans) worship him like he is a God.
I was a Finfan before him and I always will be.

I know allot of "fans" that started liking them only because of Marino.

Loser

We all know you're no Miami Fan, and you didn't play or coach football! How could you be a Miami fan, if you hated watching Dan win them all those games. You're obviously just some dope that figured out how to register and said let's start some crap. Answer to your question. He didn't have to quarterback sneak, because he could get rid of it so damn quick & throw on any "D" in the league. So go away weasel!

mercury1972 said:
He got us into alot of messes. ANSWER MY QUESTIONS? EVER SEE HIM QB SNEAK? DID HE HAVE A PLAY ACTION FAKE? WHY DID ALL THE QB'S THAT CAME IN REPLACE OF HIM PUT UP HUGE NUMBERS? QUIT THE FANTASIZING ABOUT HIM AND GIVE ME SOME SUBSTANCE! THE TRUTH IS THAT CLAYTON AND DUPER MADE HIM! PERIOD. AFTER THEY WERE GONE HE WAS JUST ANOTHER AVERAGE AT BEST QB!

as a matter of fact i have seen him qb sneak...atlanta game he ran one in for a td...no one expected it...it was at the end of his career though...now get out of here.

GreenMonster said:

:lol:

Maybe this guy should have looked at the numbers. I love knuckleheads that say "look at the numbers", and then you do, and it makes the other guy look like a fool.

"Mitchell had 12 tds??? O, my bad, I thought that was 120..."

Marino has literally thrown for 4x that many in 1984... but he sucks, 48 TDs in one season is god awful

GreenMonster said:

Is it any wonder he didn't want to go find these stats?!?!?!

I'm eagerly anticipating how he explains these numbers, but I wouldn't be suprised if he's decided to run away.

Aqua Man said:
Is it any wonder he didn't want to go find these stats?!?!?!

I'm eagerly anticipating how he explains these numbers, but I wouldn't be suprised if he's decided to run away.

He asked and he shall receive... I am going to look up Damon Huards #'s in any case that he too is better than Marino..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom