Marino Thinks Devante Parker 'Looks Outstanding' | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Marino Thinks Devante Parker 'Looks Outstanding'

I'd say Parker's ceiling is somewhere in between Jordy Nelson and AJ Green, but I think he plays more like Nelson.

So his ceiling is actually somewhere between Hartline and Green ...... :chuckle:

Still cracks me up that people used to say Hartline was like Nelson. #thatwhiteskinthough

So his ceiling is actually somewhere between Hartline and Green ...... :chuckle:

Still cracks me up that people used to say Hartline was like Nelson. #thatwhiteskinthough

When a white fullback enters the league, he's Mike Alstott . . . he aint Lorenzo Neal. Landry is like a more aggressive Wes Welker, but people don't like to make that comparison because of color.

We can be a stupid people :lol:

That would be incredible IMO, Nelson is severely underrated.

Yeah, more I watch Parker, the more it becomes apparent that his feet just aren't AJ Green's level, and barring a miracle, they never will be. But he gets open off his first break, because he's explosive out of his stance. He also presents a great target, and he's physical competing for the ball and running after the catch. Similar attributes to Nelson, but Parker's more explosive. He should be a perfect fit with Tannehill, in Lazor's offense, and with Landry, Stills, Jennings, and Cameron. I think the FO did a good job of evaluating the types of WR's Tannehill and Lazor need. When he was drafted, a lot of us said that Landry would be Tannehill's best friend by the end of last season. Tannehill has a much, much better group of targets in 2015. These players are consistent in their effort for the ball and their ability to use their bodies to shield off defenders and present a target for the QB. A lot of turnover, but it was necessary turnover, and given the resources Miami allocated to the position, it has the looks of a productive, efficient unit.

Would have loved Kenny Bell with the 5th we spent on Lippett. Great ST's player, great blocker, high ceiling, and he's a good player with room to grow. I wanted another physical blocker at the WR position. Stills can be scrappy, and I think Parker could be talked into it, but Bell plays with the same nasty demeanor that Landry does. I do like Damarr Aultman, though. If he holds onto the football in the return game, I think he'll win a roster spot, and given time, he could develop into a WR.

One of the greatest players of all time speaks, you listen. This guy knows how to run an offense and what a good receiver looks like. I'm totally for this, and am glad to hear this positive review.

Not that I disagree with him, or anything, but was else is he supposed to say?

Marino has been asked about many Dolphin players, and he wasn't always as positive as he was with his Parker assessment. Marino is rarely negative, but he is just as rarely as positive as he was with Parker.

Maybe now that he is officially with the team this may free him. Who knows for sure.

I just know when I watch Parker run his routes against air, he sure looks like the real deal. He moves so effortlessly, and he fights for every ball thrown his way. Even when that ball is throw 2-4 feet in front or behind him. He's so smooth when running and so violent when catching the ball. The guy looks like the real deal.

Back
Top Bottom