Mark Duffner to be new LB coach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Duffner to be new LB coach

Daytona Fin

Queeks Draw
Club Member
Reaction score
Familiar face for philbin.

The Dolphins may be taking their time with other job searches, but have moved quickly to fill a role on their coaching staff.

After losing linebackers coach George Edwards to the Vikings last week, they filled the job with Jaguars linebackers coach Mark Duffner, according to Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union.
Duffner worked on the Packers staff with Dolphins coach Joe Philbin in the mid-2000s, so there’s some famiiarity there.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ner-moves-from-one-end-of-florida-to-another/
CoachCard_ActionShot_Dufner_Mark.jpg

A veteran of 38 years in coaching, Mark Duffner has served the past seven seasons as the linebackers coach for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Duffner joined the Jacksonville staff in 2006 following three seasons in the same capacity for the Green Bay Packers. Duffner just completed his 16th season of coaching in the NFL, and he previously served 22 years coaching on the college level including 11 seasons as a head coach.

actually coached up some really good LB unites in Jacksonville. We actually tried to hire him as DC under Sparano before we hired Nolan but the jags refused.

Not a bad hire

I cannot hammer Joe on this move. The man has NFL experience and seems fine to have this particular post.

People are so quick to slam Joe. I agree I like coaches hired on merit but do some reasearch on the guy. He is a VERY good coach. jacksonville has had some real solid LB grups.

Another lateral move for him. Spent the last 10 years at the same position.

Maybe the guy is just a good linebacker coach? Our d line coach has been there ages and he is meant to be great

I wont pretend to know anything about this guy ... cant do any worse than the last one

Maybe the guy is just a good linebacker coach? Our d line coach has been there ages and he is meant to be great

I wont pretend to know anything about this guy ... cant do any worse than the last one

Hopefully he is, we need one desperately but I wasn't implying he wasn't. He is building quite the resume and he is the most experienced coach on our staff right now.

another friend of philbins, they've worked out so well for us.

I am so sick of every ****ing Dolphins fan making a comment about a new hire. You guys think just because he came from a bad team he sucks, I mean do some research you lazy bums. What do you expect, do you think we're going to hire all defense of personal from the Seahawks and all offense from the Broncos. Good resume, a seasoned veteran and coached solid LB cores for both the Bengals and the Jaguars. Hell last year there are articles stating thank god the Jags kept one of their few good assistant coaches. The doom and gloom needs to go. Philbin btw was a packer, that hasn't exactly worked out

Last edited by a moderator:
Two years later Philbin and Coyle finally got the guy they wanted.

If you might recall, when Philbin was filling out his staff in 2012, Duffner was one of his major targets to add to the coaching staff. Duffner worked with Coyle in Cincinnati and Philbin in Green Bay. The plan was to bring Duffner in as the linebackers coach and also give him the title of assistant head coach. When the Jaguars refused to let him leave, Philbin had to settle on bringing George Edwards in as the linebackers coach.

Not sure anyone can really "hate" this move.

Back
Top Bottom