Mark Duffner to be new LB coach | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mark Duffner to be new LB coach

There are a few things I really like about this hire.

1. Production. Last year the Jags linebackers were solid, good tacklers, and productive.
2. Experience, but most recently with Gus Bradley. Gus is a dude who can coach up a defense and hopefully some of those aggressive tendencies were adopted by Duffner.

In the end I want a guy who will get the players to perform, put forth a full effort every down, and have the fundamental tools. I'm less interested in having a higher ceiling than a higher floor, if you know what I mean.

If the Jaguars get the right QB, they'll soon be competing for the AFC South. I think Bradley will do what he can to copy the success of the D and team approach he was a part of in Seattle (as DC). Duffner is a good hire anyway, but I hope he took away something from Bradley. Good call.

Whats wrong with his resume. His resume is better than many coaches we have on our roster

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

I actually think its a good hire too bad he has last years free agent crap to work with

His resume is flat. Unless hes happy as LB coach only.

I look for guy who wants more and is willing put in the work to move up.

His resume is flat. Unless hes happy as LB coach only.

I look for guy who wants more and is willing put in the work to move up.

So if you are hiring a linebackers coach you are going to penalize him for being a linebackers coach for 10 years.
As the the Jags were he kept his job even with coach firings so he must have impressed somebody. I think its a solid hire.
I mean do you think Kacy Rogers is not willing to put in the work he needs to and he has been a dline coach for 20 years.
If you hire a position coach it should be because you feel he can get the most out of your position and not because he aspires to be a coordinator.

I love the coachspeak about remembering how talented Ellerbee was in college lol. So if he was that talented why didn't you push for the Jags to draft him by the 7th round.

Im pretty sure no coach comes in and says yea our linebackers suck

Friend of mine from Jax (not a Jags fan though, he's Fins) always jokes about the Jags with me and how awful they've been, but he admits that they've had respectable players on their defense making plays here and there. I'd like to think that this coach had a hand in it.

Especially with the way Ellerbe and Wheeler played last season, aka, not doing much at all when it counted, I'd say this could be a pretty positive move.

Friend of mine from Jax (not a Jags fan though, he's Fins) always jokes about the Jags with me and how awful they've been, but he admits that they've had respectable players on their defense making plays here and there. I'd like to think that this coach had a hand in it.

Especially with the way Ellerbe and Wheeler played last season, aka, not doing much at all when it counted, I'd say this could be a pretty positive move.

Well Im just glad that salary cap guru Dawn Aponte made the shrewd move of making Ellerbee one of the highest paid inside linebackers (basically Mayo type money but hell he deserved it because he finally started after 4 years there due to injury). Funny how the team he played for wanted no part of him for that same money but oh well

I just want the guy to focus on assignments, reads and tackling. Oh .... and replacing Wheeler, if he can't do something with him.

Back
Top Bottom