Mathis signs with Denver | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mathis signs with Denver

im happy he finally signed just so i dont have to hear about him anymore. phins were never going to pay him that kind of money.

Yea because 2.5 million with incentives is way too much for a top level guard.

Mathis is a snake.
With our FA oline luck, he would have got injured against Washington and we could have cut Dallas Thomas who would have gone on to a pro bowl career with New England.
Chock this up as a win. Move forward with our guys for better or worse.
Albert will be fine. (Positive waves Moriarity)

How is Mathis a snake?

And how do you figure we are close enough to Denver outside of a feeling

So one of the better guards in the league is only worth 2 million which is 600,000 less than we play Matt moore, 300,000 less than Derrick Shelby, and exactly the same as Kelvin Shepard.

Yea because 2.5 million with incentives is way too much for a top level guard.

How is Mathis a snake?

978348f21a36e401a6b777c2edbc76bb.jpg

Denver is gonna eat it this year. Mathis is gonna show up and say "where's Clady?"

that's exactly why they need him...to be a veteran presence inside at guard next to whatever they put out there at tackle...they havent been able to replace orlando franklin...i bet you peyton manning feels a little better about his backside today

Signed with Denver? Hate that guy, he sucks. Don't need him.

Mathis has now entered the same strange land as Luck, Matt Ryan, and a few others; a place where Finheaven actually affects people's opinions of a player. People are so sick of hearing about him, that it actually negatively affected his ability as a player (as well as the ability of players already on the team in a positive way) in their minds. The same would have happened with Suh if he hadn't signed here, given all the threads on him leading up to it. It's weird.

OL depth and talent were a consensus top issue going into the offseason, yet somehow not signing a top OG to a short term contract, which addresses both problems while allowing our young OGs to continue developing, is a good thing. Okay.

Mathis has now entered the same strange land as Luck, Matt Ryan, and a few others; a place where Finheaven actually affects people's opinions of a player. People are so sick of hearing about him, that it actually negatively affected his ability as a player (as well as the ability of players already on the team in a positive way) in their minds. The same would have happened with Suh if he hadn't signed here, given all the threads on him leading up to it. It's weird.

OL depth and talent were a consensus top issue going into the offseason, yet somehow not signing a top OG to a short term contract, which addresses both problems while allowing our young OGs to continue developing, is a good thing. Okay.

It's about damn time we have a regime that understands the importance of developing players they drafted and that are on their roster instead of constantly purchasing others. Move on.

It's becoming clear that Tackle is our problem more than guard.

Jason Fox no has a lumpy head. Good luck with him missing time on and off all year (likely) because of that.

It's about damn time we have a regime that understands the importance of developing players they drafted and that are on their roster instead of constantly purchasing others. Move on.

That kind of rings hollow when that same regime just made Suh the highest paid defensive player in history.

As I said before, I don't think we were the team that made the larger offer, because despite Philbin, I still think we are a contender, especially this year. To me, that signals that the coaches and FO are happy with the current starters and depth. I can live with that reasoning for not going after Mathis, but they better be right, because if people are annoyed about how often they are seeing the name Mathis on here now, just imagine what it will be like if the current guards bomb or get injured with little to no depth? There may have to be a ***Super Million-Merged Evan Mathis Thread*** :lol:

Is anyone else glad Mathis is finally singed? I know I am.

Oh and off to the general NFL forum this goes!

That kind of rings hollow when that same regime just made Suh the highest paid defensive player in history.

As I said before, I don't think we were the team that made the larger offer, because despite Philbin, I still think we are a contender, especially this year. To me, that signals that the coaches and FO are happy with the current starters and depth. I can live with that reasoning for not going after Mathis, but they better be right, because if people are annoyed about how often they are seeing the name Mathis on here now, just imagine what it will be like if the current guards bomb or get injured with little to no depth? There may have to be a ***Super Million-Merged Evan Mathis Thread*** :lol:

Agree but acquiring a great player like Suh is different than a patch like Mathis, IMO.

Agree but acquiring a great player like Suh is different than a patch like Mathis, IMO.

A very good "patch" that provides extra protection for the most important developing player on the team. If they signed him for what Denver did, would you honestly be upset or disappointed? I mean, if you had never opened Finheaven this offseason and gotten annoyed by all the threads about Mathis. I doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom