Mathis signs with Denver | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mathis signs with Denver

I'm more inclined to think that he signed with Denver because that was the best offer on the table.

If we had enough money to sign him, seeing that he clearly was open to a 1 year deal, we have no excuse for this.

What does not spending that money gain us? Nothing. What do we lose if we spend it? Ross has to take 1 less vacation this year.

Mike KlisVerified account
‏@MikeKlis

Evan Mathis deal is 1 year, $2.5 million with chance to earn $4 million. He had protested $5.5 mill salary in Philly, leading to release.

Drew will tell everyone that he won.

AND he's right.

Drew won. He conned Mathis into over estimating his worth. Now Drew gets a cut of a new contract. I think the other team may have been the Giants.

How many games did Mathis play last year?

We need to get left Tackle depth, not throw money away on an old oft-injured guard.

Were they trying to convince him we were contenders or were they trying to get the right price?

They valued Dallas Thomas at his current price over Mathis at the price he was asking?

post-28652-thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-g-g2uB.gif

After all is said and done, Mathis thought he was worth a lot more than he was. Drew Rosenhaus blew a lot of smoke up Evan's ass telling him he was in very high demand and going to get paid. Bottom line is Rosenhaus cost him about 30% in pay....the $5.5 million he very likely would have gotten with Philly in 2015, versus the $4 million he MIGHT earn in Denver.

If true, he's saying he wants to win a superbowl without putting in the work, as he avoided any training camp work like the plague.And even then, you can call Denver a contender all you want, but watching Peyton Manning throwing ducks late in the season, I'm not sure he's got enough left in the tank to go late into January. .. jmo

How many years have we thrown money away on old veterans who are supposed to solidify a position and fail to do so?!? Spoiler alert...a lot

While I think the line and depth need to be strengthened I believe younger and saving money for playmakers is the right way to go. With Albert back and Thomas playing better then we all expected we should be just fine.

Keep developing talent and see Cleveland vs buffalo game...how many Dolphins cast offs are playing for those teams when we have the younger stronger talent? That used to be us... Believe in these guys, they have proven way better then Ireland and past staffs so far. Let the guys we drafted come along, it's taken three years for Dallas to start hearing some positive feedback, these third/fourth round pics need some time to develop but the ceiling they have is more confident to me because hickey has shown his ability to pick talent, not measurables...

My recollection was that Mathis was looking for 5.5 million and the Phins expressed an interest at about half that amount. Our FO obviously felt he wasn't worth it.
I believe he is coming off an injury and is 33 yrs old.
This site is schizophrenic. Some criticize the FO for keeping/drafting players like Misi and Taylor for being injury prone, yet criticize the FO for not over paying an aging player coming off an injury

Seems he opted out looking for multiyear Pouncey deal which never came, including the Phins, and he decided to take a prove it deal with a team of his choice.

They valued Dallas Thomas at his current price over Mathis at the price he was asking?

post-28652-thats-a-bold-strategy-cotton-g-g2uB.gif

Damn Spesh I am surprised with you, coming from a guy that wants to spend $10.49 on the Oline :lol:

I'm fine rolling with Thomas at his position. If he has to play elsewhere then :tubes:

Damn Spesh I am surprised with you, coming from a guy that wants to spend $10.49 on the Oline :lol:

I'm fine rolling with Thomas at his position. If he has to play elsewhere then :tubes:

q2l07.jpg

Well played :lol:

Back
Top Bottom