Mathis signs with Denver | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mathis signs with Denver

It's not about us it's about him picking the Broncos over anyone else.

I thought we were a top contender?

At least thats what this forum has been preaching since free agency.

Eagles offered him a lot more and were paying him more.

He wanted more $, that was his demand.

Now all of a sudden he says he wants to play for contender? That's bs, there were no offers, not even sea made an offer.

I'm happy for Peyton. These old guys who risk their lives for the love of the game impress me. If not the Dolphins, Broncos is fine with me.

Eagles offered him a lot more and were paying him more.

He wanted more $, that was his demand.

Now all of a sudden he says he wants to play for contender? That's bs, there were no offers, not even sea made an offer.

I could believe another team offered more than Denver but probably less than the $5.5 he's claiming. He would look foolish if he demanded more from Philly and ended up taking less on the open market, except if he takes less with a "contender" of course.

Could have offered him 20 million, doesn't matter, if he wants to play in Denver for less, nothing any team could do.

that's one way of looking at it but that's not how i look at it

if anyones trying to tell me miami wasn't a contender if we wanted to be for his services that's no dice for me...especially any line about a "contender to play for" and miami being left out as a result

I don't think it was the Phins, but we've now heard from a couple of people that the $5.5m turned down offer claim is legit. Is written evidence and a gif of "no thanks" needed, or will that be fake too? :lol: Either way, it doesn't appearvto impact the Phins in any way. Pretty clear they are happy with the guard situation, right or wrong.

Not sure what you are getting at. Are you saying Mathis is go to guru on deciding which teams are contenders?

If we are the contender that everyone says we are then we have no excuse for missing out on players looking to play for contenders.

Which is not to say i think Mathis is the guru. That would be Hoops. And only Hoops.

I don't think it was the Phins, but we've now heard from a couple of people that the $5.5m turned down offer claim is legit. Is written evidence and a gif of "no thanks" needed, or will that be fake too? :lol: Either way, it doesn't appearvto impact the Phins in any way. Pretty clear they are happy with the guard situation, right or wrong.
This screams Oakland.

I could believe another team offered more than Denver but probably less than the $5.5 he's claiming. He would look foolish if he demanded more from Philly and ended up taking less on the open market, except if he takes less with a "contender" of course.

That's exactly what happened, that's why he was demanding his release, he wanted a bigger contract, and more years guaranteed. He doesn't get it, now he wants tom play for a contender.

He and his agent are full of ****, they gambled and lost, they would of got a lot more $ in Philly.

There was no market for him.

so the guy holds out this long and its all about money and when its time to decide it's not about money at all??? nah don't buy it...i mean i get that he may take less to not play for the damn browns or something but miami or denver i really don't see it

in other words miami beats denvers offer by say $.5 mil i think he's in miami...$3 mil with the opportunity to get to say $4.5 with incentives i bet he's in south beach

anyways when you consider just how little depth this oline has after it's top 5 and dont kid yourself we don't have much i fail to see where the money would be a deterrent here...your season rides on the oline play

that's a one year deal too so no crying about future cap implications even

If we are the contender that everyone says we are then we have no excuse for missing out on players looking to play for contenders.

Which is not to say i think Mathis is the guru. That would be Hoops. And only Hoops.

1-suh1-300x300.jpg

jordan-cameron.jpg

Greg-Jennings-Dolphins-jpg.jpg

I didn't want Mathis, stated it multiple times I'm fine with our young guards.

But I am quite surprised how little interest there was in him.

Mathis seems to be the type that likes to engage with other members on twitter, with enough prodding he'll probably mention who the mystery team was.

Back
Top Bottom