Mathis signs with Denver | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mathis signs with Denver

Mathis is a snake.
With our FA oline luck, he would have got injured against Washington and we could have cut Dallas Thomas who would have gone on to a pro bowl career with New England.
Chock this up as a win. Move forward with our guys for better or worse.
Albert will be fine. (Positive waves Moriarity)

This line or should I say the lack thereof is going to be our downfall.

Makes sense -- Mr. Ed "Elway" is a certified horses ask and a double dip douche deluxe who thinks he can buy a chumpionship with dried up prunes like Payton and this OG.

Goodie for him.

Regardless of our issues on OL this old rickety OL dog ain't no pony no more.
Certainly NOT at the asking price.

I'm glad we passed.

BNF.

If true, he's saying he wants to win a superbowl without putting in the work, as he avoided any training camp work like the plague.And even then, you can call Denver a contender all you want, but watching Peyton Manning throwing ducks late in the season, I'm not sure he's got enough left in the tank to go late into January. .. jmo

Denver's real problem is at OT not OG. I wouldn't be shocked if Manning is running for his life, even with Mathis being brought in.

This isn't on us. Mathis waited to sign until preseason was almost over for a reason, and it wasn't because of the money. He signed where he wanted to sign. Had nothing to do with us not "coughing up the money".

While I agree we all need to move on because he is gone with another team. The sad fact is that I think we could have had him for about the same type of deal he got in Denver, but our FO decided (for better or worse) to go with our existing guards. If they do well, they look like rocket scientists. If Tanny ends up on his rear a lot this season, then we'll be looking for new coaches. I sure hope they are right about this, as I don't want to have to start all over again!!!

Funny thing is Finheaven is all over Dallas Thomas but it sounds like the coaches are more concerned about Billy Turner.

im happy he finally signed just so i dont have to hear about him anymore. phins were never going to pay him that kind of money.

Good riddance. 34. Committed to skipping training camp. And asking for twice his worth. Hickey has drafted well. Time to rely on development instead of free agency. We've been doing that for 10+ years and it's resulted in 10+ miserable years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Denver is gonna eat it this year. Mathis is gonna show up and say "where's Clady?"

I honestly don't think that's us that he turned down. I think we are close enough to Denver that somebody would be crazy to leave $1.5 mil on the table.

And how do you figure we are close enough to Denver outside of a feeling

Good riddance. 34. Committed to skipping training camp. And asking for twice his worth. Hickey has drafted well. Time to rely on development instead of free agency. We've been doing that for 10+ years and it's resulted in 10+ miserable years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So one of the better guards in the league is only worth 2 million which is 600,000 less than we play Matt moore, 300,000 less than Derrick Shelby, and exactly the same as Kelvin Shepard.

Back
Top Bottom