Matt Burke Heading To Eagles To Work Under Jim Schwartz | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Burke Heading To Eagles To Work Under Jim Schwartz

I was thinking the eagles ran that d too. What a difference a wrecker like fletcher cox makes

Aaron Donald is a beast, Fletcher Cox would steal his lunch money if he wanted it.

Fletcher is in a class by himself when he wants to be.

He wasn’t as bad as everybody made him out to be. He was given 2 strong safeties and still had a lot of turnovers this year. The offense was abysmal and caused the defense to never get any rest.

I think the biggest issue was the constant communication break downs and complete lack of pressure we were able to generate . . . .especially in obvious situations. We built the defense on getting pressure on the QB and yet we finished bottom 5 in the entire league.

His saving grace honestly was the amount of turnovers we were able to create . . . .without those we likely would of seen a historically bad defense.

But you are correct the offense did the defense no favors . . . .too many 3 and outs and TOP we also ranked bottom 3 in addition to being sub 20 PPG once again.

I think the biggest issue was the constant communication break downs and complete lack of pressure we were able to generate . . . .especially in obvious situations. We built the defense on getting pressure on the QB and yet we finished bottom 5 in the entire league.

His saving grace honestly was the amount of turnovers we were able to create . . . .without those we likely would of seen a historically bad defense.

But you are correct the offense did the defense no favors . . . .too many 3 and outs and TOP we also ranked bottom 3 in addition to being sub 20 PPG once again.
Nice post brother.

The defense didn’t really do itself any favors either. Teams 3rd downs were guaranteed a first down. I don’t care if it was third and 20, from the first series of the game to the last. Anybody who thought Burke was a good DC is a *******

Aaron Donald is a beast, Fletcher Cox would steal his lunch money if he wanted it.

Fletcher is in a class by himself when he wants to be.

No, Aaron Donald is 2 or 3 tiers above any other interior DLineman.

Cox is in the 2 tiers below him.

The defense didn’t really do itself any favors either. Teams 3rd downs were guaranteed a first down. I don’t care if it was third and 20, from the first series of the game to the last. Anybody who thought Burke was a good DC is a *******

I mean this thread has more than overstated the defense/Burke was trash.

Saying the offense did them no favors is just being realistic. The whole premise of the way the defense was managed from the personnel side was ideally the offense putting more than 18 PPG and the defense having a chance to focus on rushing the passer.

We labeled Suh a waste of resources because who needs an overpaid DT to aid in slowing down the run when we will be pinning our ears back with a lead more often than not.

Any defense that can rank in the top 5 in turnovers created . . . .isn’t completely unfortunate.

Good luck finding anything the offense was ranked top 10 in, let alone top 5.

I swear many of y’all get way too emotional over this shitty offense.

I mean this thread has more than overstated the defense was trash.

Saying the offense did them no favors is just being realistic. The whole premise of the way the defense was managed from the personnel side was ideally the offense putting more than 18 PPG and the defense having a chance to focus on rushing the passer.

We labeled Suh a waste of resources because who needs an overpaid DT to aid in slowing down the run when we will be pinning our ears back with a lead more often than not.

Any defense that can rank in the top 5 in turnovers created . . . .isn’t completely unfortunate.

Good luck finding anything the offense was ranked top 10 in, let alone top 5.

I swear many of y’all get way too emotional over this ****ty offense.
I understand that the offense didn’t do the defense any favors, I thought they sucked to begin with. But to pin the defense of woes on the offense is stretching it a little bit. The defense Burk ran was scored on 85 to 90% of the time. From the first series of the game to the last series of the game. You can’t sit here and honestly tell us that you thought that the defense was going to hold them on any given series. With the way you describe the defense being set up, don’t you think that the DC should’ve changed it up just a little bit. God for bid we make an adjustment on offense or defense.

I understand that the offense didn’t do the defense any favors, I thought they sucked to begin with. But to pin the defense of woes on the offense is stretching it a little bit. The defense Burk ran was scored on 85 to 90% of the time. From the first series of the game to the last series of the game. You can’t sit here and honestly tell us that you thought that the defense was going to hold them on any given series. With the way you describe the defense being set up, don’t you think that the DC should’ve changed it up just a little bit. God for bid we make an adjustment on offense or defense.

The defense scored more points than the offense in a game. The offense also gave up more points than the defense did in another game.

The offense, gase and tannehill were a lot bigger problem than the defense.

The defense scored more points than the offense in a game. The offense also gave up more points than the defense did in another game.

The offense, gase and tannehill were a lot bigger problem than the defense.
The defense was scored on, on any given series.
YES THE OFFENSE SUCKED, I never said it was good, get it through your head.
If your offenses only scoring 18 points a game on average, and your defensive coordinator wants to run the same pin your ears back defense, it’s a defense of problem.

Bingo. We relied on pressure and it failed. Now where Burke was wrong is that once the pressure didnt come he had no way to adjust

Back
Top Bottom