Matt Jones = faster ED | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Jones = faster ED

bigow

4:20
Reaction score
Matt Jones could be the next Ed Macafree (sp) dude from Denver during super bowl years.. He was always consistent and could go deep, a solid #2 but Jones has blazing speed so potentially more of a play maker. If we get R. Brown and Jones in 2nd we could have a scary offense... Well thats if our o-line can show some tude

just need some one to hand the ball off to Ronnie and get the ball to Jones.

I'll pass on Jones and take Antajj Hawthorne or Jason Campbell in the second.

finsnchips said:
just need some one to hand the ball off to Ronnie and get the ball to Jones.

I'll pass on Jones and take Antajj Hawthorne or Jason Campbell in the second.
Well some think we need another wr but the #2 will be rb because of greater need.... If he can produce like Ed or better i'd take him but without my crystal ball :D I'll take anyone who will take us to the promised land

bigow said:
Well some think we need another wr but the #2 will be rb because of greater need.... If he can produce like Ed or better i'd take him but without my crystal ball :D I'll take anyone who will take us to the promised land
I agree we need a WR... I love Mike Williams, but unfortunately that isn't going to happen.

I have us taking Roscoe Parrish in the third round in my mock.

Offensive Coodinator Linehan used Randy Moss to throw 3 TD passes during his career with the Vikings.

I'm sure that players like Marty Booker or Matt Jones would add an extra dimension to the WR pass because of there real ability to throw the ball downfield.

PhinstiGator said:
Offensive Coodinator Linehan used Randy Moss to throw 3 TD passes during his career with the Vikings.

I'm sure that players like Marty Booker or Matt Jones would add an extra dimension to the WR pass because of there real ability to throw the ball downfield.
I would rather play it close to the vest and hope to win in the 4rth quarter :D

i just wrote this in another thread, but it is more suitable for this one....

Matt Jones this, Matt Jones that...blah bla blah bla blah...im tired of hearing about it.. is it just me or does anyone else think of Mike Mamula when they think of Matt Jones? An above average college player whos stock sky rockets after the combine. if he turns out to be good, then great for him but people are speculating on how good he is gonna be based on his combine.

DcRy82 said:

Matt Jones this, Matt Jones that...blah bla blah bla blah...im tired of hearing about it.. is it just me or does anyone else think of Mike Mamula when they think of Matt Jones? An above average college player whos stock sky rockets after the combine. if he turns out to be good, then great for him but people are speculating on how good he is gonna be based on his combine.
I have seen a few games of him and he's a player.... that being said i'm not saying he's a champion but we're prob not going wr in 1st so he could be an option for the 2nd.... speed and height are two things you can't teach :buttkick:

bigow said:
Matt Jones could be the next Ed Macafree (sp) dude from Denver during super bowl years.. He was always consistent and could go deep, a solid #2 but Jones has blazing speed so potentially more of a play maker. If we get R. Brown and Jones in 2nd we could have a scary offense... Well thats if our o-line can show some tude

Dude, why do you have to compare him too and call him the next Ed McCaffrey? Because hes white?

This guy is a tremendous athlete, hes got has a faster forty time than nearly every receiver in this draft, he has great short shuttle times, he has a 39 inch vertical, and hes 6'61/4" at 242 pounds, there is no comparison to his potential against Ed McCaffrey other than the color of his skin.

Matt Jones is a freak and is not comparable to anybody else because nobody has ever had the combination of size and speed this guy possess's.

Hes bigger, faster and probably has better hands than Randy Moss.

i dont mean to be a naysayer or anything and i agree he could end up being a really good player, but since he is changing positions to a position he never played in college, he just seems like a risk to me. randle el is the most recent and actually the only player i can think of that has had success switching from QB to another position. remember scott frost? QB turned Safety? well anyways... im not sayin he WONT be good but i think people have tunnel vision with some of these players speed because while it does make an player better, its not somethin to bet the farm on.

might be "quicker" than moss, hes not faster... and are you kidding me with the hands? lets see jones play first before you start judging that

DcRy82 said:

No dude, Nick Saban himself said Matt Jones singlehandedly won more games for Arkansas than any other single player in the SEC did for their team.

Did you see him against the best at the Senior Bowl? They couldn't cover him and they couldn't jam him because hes too big and strong.

BlueFin said:
Dude, why do you have to compare him too and call him the next Ed McCaffrey? Because hes white?

This guy is a tremendous athlete, hes got has a faster forty time than nearly every receiver in this draft, he has great short shuttle times, he has a 39 inch vertical, and hes 6'61/4" at 242 pounds, there is no comparison to his potential against Ed McCaffrey other than the color of his skin.

Matt Jones is a freak and is not comparable to anybody else because nobody has ever had the combination of size and speed this guy possess's.

Hes bigger, faster and probably has better hands than Randy Moss.

I agree that he in know way compares to McCaffrey besides his skin color....it's annoying to see such baseless comparisons.

But check you facts.....he is NOT fast than Randy Moss........and how you can say that a player who played QB in college has better hands than Randy Moss??????? Based of what, his workout?? When exactly has he proved these all-world hands??

DcRy82 said:
might be "quicker" than moss, hes not faster... and are you kidding me with the hands? lets see jones play first before you start judging that

Yeah, he is faster, and did you see Moss dropping passes in their playoff game? Jones has excellent hands.

burger13 said:
I agree that he in know way compares to McCaffrey besides his skin color....it's annoying to see such baseless comparisons.

But check you facts.....he is NOT fast than Randy Moss........and how you can say that a player who played QB in college has better hands than Randy Moss??????? Based of what, his workout?? When exactly has he proved these all-world hands??

Senior Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom