Matt Moore + Mike Wallace deep go route | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore + Mike Wallace deep go route

The odds of Tannehill making a huge leap in year 3 are better than Moore making a huge leap in year 8.

I'm not even talking about any "leaps". Sometimes it's hard for a tiger to change its stripes. I'm saying that we should consider the pieces we have on our roster.

- Ryan Tannehill is who he is. Good at throwing 20 yd laser beams, but has never been consistent at arcing a deep ball into a super-fast bucket (which requires a different type of touch & timing).

- Matt Moore is who he is. Throws a nice deep ball.

- Mike Wallace is who he is. On direct throws, he's a body catcher. His $60 million value is catching the deep go route in stride.

The Mike Wallace deep threat terror is still there. He's just currently sleeping, and waiting to be unlocked. Roethlisberger had the skill set to do it. Tannehill does not. Just something to consider.

Are you saying that Tannehill throws a better deep ball than Moore, or are you niggling over two plays?

He's carrying water. Wallace is the problem, not the inability of a qb to get deep.

matt moore and mike wallace would be money on the deep balls but moore is so turn over prone. It is a gamble.. But i bet we'd probably score more points with moore at qb.

You don't build your offense around a guy just because he s the highest paid player, especially if he s vastly Overpaid...

Matt Moore got his first comeback win for us last night in multiple chances aided immensely by penalties and some awesome running. He threw a great seem route during that drive, other than that it was mostly runs. The other fact is he threw a horrible pick 6 and came close to another one. There is a reason why he is a back up. Tannehill is a better QB period and more consistent, who has led multiple come from behind victories in regular season games against starting defenses.

He's carrying water. Wallace is the problem, not the inability of a qb to get deep.

how is wallace the problem.. he's OPEN that's what your asking him to do right? After being open your asking him to catch the ball right? And for tannehill your asking him to put the ball in catchable range for wallace right? Well Tannehill isn't meeting expectations. Before anything happens wallace has to get open.. he does that... now tannehill has to throw a decent catchable ball.. he doesn't do that on the deep passes.. its just the deep passes.. he connects with wallace on the intermediate routes with ease.. its not that we are complaining about tannehill's inaccuracy overall.. its just the deep balls...i don't see how you fail to see that tannehill isn't throwing the ball accurately down the field..he even acknowledges this..he would be a fool not to as the video shows exactly that.

I'm not even talking about any "leaps". Sometimes it's hard for a tiger to change its stripes. I'm saying that we should consider the pieces we have on our roster.

- Ryan Tannehill is who he is. Good at throwing 20 yd laser beams, but has never been consistent at arcing a deep ball into a super-fast bucket (which requires a different type of touch & timing).

- Matt Moore is who he is. Throws a nice deep ball.

- Mike Wallace is who he is. On direct throws, he's a body catcher. His $60 million value is catching the deep go route in stride.

The Mike Wallace deep threat terror is still there. He's just currently sleeping, and waiting to be unlocked. Roethlisberger had the skill set to do it. Tannehill does not. Just something to consider.

That is Wallace's explosive value. But in Pitt he was able to score in different ways. Going up and fighting for the ball, is NOT who or what he is. Never has been, ever.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

how is wallace the problem.. he's OPEN that's what your asking him to do right? After being open your asking him to catch the ball right? And for tannehill your asking him to put the ball in catchable range for wallace right? Well Tannehill isn't meeting expectations. Before anything happens wallace has to get open.. he does that... now tannehill has to throw a decent catchable ball.. he doesn't do that on the deep passes.. its just the deep passes.. he connects with wallace on the intermediate routes with ease.. its not that we are complaining about tannehill inaccuracy overall.. its just the deep balls...i don't see how you fail to see that tannehill isn't throwing the ball accurately down the field.. he even acknowledges that..he would be a fool not to as well as the video shows exactly that.

You didn't read the Wallace is the problem thread, did you?

i think you don't know how that saying goes. it's not hard for a tiger to change its stripes...it's impossible for a tiger to change its stripes. lol

but when you have a young qb, who's still learning, and developing, there is a greater chance you haven't seen their full potential. unlike an 8 year vet...

how is wallace the problem.. he's OPEN that's what your asking him to do right? After being open your asking him to catch the ball right? And for tannehill your asking him to put the ball in catchable range for wallace right? Well Tannehill isn't meeting expectations. Before anything happens wallace has to get open.. he does that... now tannehill has to throw a decent catchable ball.. he doesn't do that on the deep passes.. its just the deep passes.. he connects with wallace on the intermediate routes with ease.. its not that we are complaining about tannehill's inaccuracy overall.. its just the deep balls...i don't see how you fail to see that tannehill isn't throwing the ball accurately down the field..he even acknowledges this..he would be a fool not to as the video shows exactly that.

If Wallace would have just ran the route like he was supposed to, it would have been 6. He has speed but is not fluid with his speed, which screws up timing. Most of Big Ben's plays to him were after the play broke down and he found him open, not with the timing of a go route. Also, if you look at Wallace's last year in Pitt some of the issues he is having here, he was already having there. I am glad he is here, but we way over paid for him and he needs to run more consistent routes, know when to look for the ball, and fight for it when he has to.

Also his statement along the lines of "I am not going to run all of these go routes during practice, it is bad for the legs" ....dude really?

This argument is hogwash. There is a much bigger problem here that everyone needs to focus on:

Should I order wings or pizza for my FF draft later today? :idk:

If Wallace would have just ran the route like he was supposed to, it would have been 6. He has speed but is not fluid with his speed, which screws up timing. Most of Big Ben's plays to him were after the play broke down and he found him open, not with the timing of a go route. Also, if you look at Wallace's last year in Pitt some of the issues he is having here, he was already having there. I am glad he is here, but we way over paid for him and he needs to run more consistent routes, know when to look for the ball, and fight for it when he has to.

So your not only asking wallace to be open your asking him to be more open? So u want him to run fast then faster to get the ball that almost went into the back of the endzone? The play was there. The ball was overthrown. U can't just throw the ball one way and expect wallace to be there. The ball has no touch on it. Look at how moore throws the ball deep. It had touch it has accuracy. It's not like tannehill where he just throws very far and hopes for the best or throws short and hopes for the best. Come on man. The talent on the deep ball is not there for tannehill period.

This argument is hogwash. There is a much bigger problem here that everyone needs to focus on:

Should I order wings or pizza for my FF draft later today? :idk:

I'd go with both. But if your draft is on the computer, I wouldn't draft and wing at the same time.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

So your not only asking wallace to be open your asking him to be more open? So u want him to run fast then faster to get the ball that almost went into the back of the endzone? The play was there. The ball was overthrown. U can't just throw the ball one way and expect wallace to be there. The ball has no touch on it. Look at how moore throws the ball deep. It had touch it has accuracy. It's not like tannehill where he just throws very far and hopes for the best or throws short and hopes for the best. Come on man. The talent on the deep ball is not there for tannehill period.

This is correct.

Back
Top Bottom