Matt Moore + Mike Wallace deep go route | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore + Mike Wallace deep go route

The problem is Wallace isn't running a go route, he is running a go, stutter, trip, look back at the wrong time, and not fight for the ball route. Moore's deep ball was against a lesser defense and the receiver after beating the DB at the line ran a smooth straight route. Also just an FYI, while a good throw, it wasn't a great throw as it should have been more to the outside to get away from the safety. Against a good D with a solid safety, the safety would have had a play on the ball as it faded back towards the middle of the field.

One thousand times this.

The whole thing still makes me uncomfortable to be honest. It's a smorgasboard of coaches, executives, and coordinators. It's not a plan that was successful from the onset, providing a foundation upon which to tweak later on.

It feels exactly like it did when Parcells stepped down, Ireland took over. Then Daboll was hired and Sparano/Henne fighting for their lives.

Ugh the Daboll hire another time I was a hater because I didn't like the hiring of an OC that was among the worst statistically in the league ugh.
You don't make a major hire like we did that is contingent on keeping a very average at best coach esp after the year before the coaching hire was based on keeping Ireland. pure stupidity but maybe we get lucky

You're confused.

Hickey was just hired. The best time for a GM to clean house is when they are first hired. Otherwise they become married to the coach and QB that they decide to keep.

Not necessarily.We did have many needs and a QB was just not there worth taking.
Hickey did the right thing. He is giving Tannehill a chance in a different system, with improved surroundings and by getting him out of the TAM offense.

If he improved our team in other areas i.e. OL and Tannehill does not make that huge jump forward he is a goner. Average won't cut it anymore and Hickey can find a new QB.

Hickey is in no way married to Tannehill nor would it hurt his standing in the organization if the new players have an impact but we are stagnant because of QB play.

I'm pretty sure you can find some pretty good highlight reels of Ted Ginn too. Doesn't make him a good football player.

You're right! The highlight reels of Ted Ginn do not make Ted Ginn a good football player.

i do not support the OP's position but I feel the need to defend Moore - he is and has always been a terrific deep ball passer. He's connected on a lot of bombs in his career. The problem is he is not a complete QB and is inconsistent. But he hands down throws a better deep ball than Tannehill - not even debatable - and yes, against starting defenses.

For all the deep ball love that Moore receives has he actually connected long with Wallace either in a game or practice anymore than Tannehill has?
AFAIK both Moore and Tannehill have consistently connected deep in training camp with everyone bar Wallace and I would be curious to know if this is an ongoing theme back to his Pittsburgh days with quarterbacks not named Rothlisberger.

If TANNY plays like last yr.(27 picks and can never find anyone open), Matt Moore will be the starter by game 6.

Back
Top Bottom