Matt Moore + Mike Wallace deep go route | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore + Mike Wallace deep go route

Problem is, those mistakes need to become rare. Decision making in the red zone is a must. Growth. He's not a rookie anymore. Demand and expect more, you know like how people demand and expect more from Wallace.

Ryan Tannehill was flat out excellent in the red zone in 2013. Like you, I am concerned about his performance in the dress rehearsal preseason game. However, based on the sixteen game body of work I have of Tannehill working in the red zone in 2013 in games that counted, I am confident that he can get it done there.

And yes, I used the word excellent. Ryan Tannehill was excellent in the red zone in 2013.

Why me? Scroll back, there were others with the same opinion, but you just by passed them. And why is that? Did I offend those that carry this qb water. Are the water boys so easily offended?

If year 3 is about growth, San Fran and Indy did it all wrong. And thecJets did it right.

WTF are you talking about? I have posted hundreds of times arguing the Tannehill issue.

There is no magic number. If there were, Bradford, Stafford, Cutler and many others would be gone.

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

Ryan Tannehill was flat out excellent in the red zone in 2013. Like you, I am concerned about his performance in the dress rehearsal preseason game. However, based on the sixteen game body of work I have of Tannehill working in the red zone in 2013 in games that counted, I am confident that he can get it done there.

And yes, I used the word excellent. Ryan Tannehill was excellent in the red zone in 2013.

It is mind boggling what gets posted here.

Problem is, those mistakes need to become rare. Decision making in the red zone is a must. Growth. He's not a rookie anymore. Demand and expect more, you know like how people demand and expect more from Wallace.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. The argument was about the deep ball of RT to Wallace, not the red zone. If you're still just trying to argue the point that his deep ball to Wallace needs to improve I certainly hope you are not agreeing with the OP who thinks we should choose our QB based on who throws the best deep ball.

WTF are you talking about? I have posted hundreds of times arguing the Tannehill issue.

There is no magic number. If there were, Bradford, Stafford, Cutler and many others would be gone.

There is no magic number and that very premise goes both ways.

There is no magic number and that very premise goes both ways.

I agree. The coaches see practice, meetings, games, etc. They talk on the sidelines. Once they think continued progress is unlikely, they should bring in options. Once they are convinced he is not the answer, they should replace the QB.

They didn't even bring in options. That should give yo some idea of their current thinking.

I agree. The coaches see practice, meetings, games, etc. They talk on the sidelines. Once they think continued progress is unlikely, they should bring in options. Once they are convinced he is not the answer, they should replace the QB.

They didn't even bring in options. That should give yo some idea of their current thinking.

Not bringing in other QB's has a lot more to do with this being ride or die time. This is the same exact situation Sparano was in with Henne. Being blatant about trying to replace Tannehill would have sent all the wrong signals and make them look like buffoons for drafting him at #8.

They were all in and the only option they had left was to get a new OC in here and hope he helps Tannehill make the jump.

Can we have the backup dbs cover Wallace too? That way Moore plays to his level.
i do not support the OP's position but I feel the need to defend Moore - he is and has always been a terrific deep ball passer. He's connected on a lot of bombs in his career. The problem is he is not a complete QB and is inconsistent. But he hands down throws a better deep ball than Tannehill - not even debatable - and yes, against starting defenses.

Not bringing in other QB's has a lot more to do with this being ride or die time. This is the same exact situation Sparano was in with Henne. Being blatant about trying to replace Tannehill would have sent all the wrong signals and make them look like buffoons for drafting him at #8.

They were all in and the only option they had left was to get a new OC in here and hope he helps Tannehill make the jump.

Tannehill may or may not be the answer but the reality to this oc and the last is he is a better option than our journeyman backup. I think tannehill will be a fine NFL qb.
If he truly sucks this year then Im sure they will make a move. he played ok last year considering he had such an awful oline. People act like he was playing like a recent Mark Sanchez

Bullsh!t. The BEST time for Hickey to replace Tannehill was in his first year.

Bullsh!t. The BEST time for Hickey to replace Tannehill was in his first year.

Hickey, our 10th option at GM?

No way man. With Ross going on record touting Tannehill as every bit as good as any QB in the league and wanting him in the draft, there's no way he'd quit on him in year 3. You're sending all the wrong signals to the fanbase that you don't know what the hell you're doing.

Hickey was brought in as a patchwork GM to get pieces Philbin needed. If both he and Philbin fail hard they are both gone, as is the rest of this regime.

No way man. With Ross going on record touting Tannehill as every bit as good as any QB in the league and wanting him in the draft, there's no way he'd quit on him in year 3. You're sending all the wrong signals to the fanbase that you don't know what the hell you're doing.

Hickey was brought in as a patchwork GM to get pieces Philbin needed. If both he and Philbin fail hard they are both gone, as is the rest of this regime.

I don't hate Hickey as a GM he seems better than Ireland but definitely not sold on him. I do think if we fail this year we should just scrap the whole GM/ Coach thing and start from hiring a GM. there is no perfect scenario. I just don't want a major hiring like that to be held on the contention of keeping a certain front office person. That's a very limited search that restricts you from getting the best person for the job. I fault the owner for making keeping Philbin as any type of consideration.

I don't hate Hickey as a GM he seems better than Ireland but definitely not sold on him. I do think if we fail this year we should just scrap the whole GM/ Coach thing and start from hiring a GM. there is no perfect scenario. I just don't want a major hiring like that to be held on the contention of keeping a certain front office person. That's a very limited search that restricts you from getting the best person for the job. I fault the owner for making keeping Philbin as any type of consideration.

The whole thing still makes me uncomfortable to be honest. It's a smorgasboard of coaches, executives, and coordinators. It's not a plan that was successful from the onset, providing a foundation upon which to tweak later on.

It feels exactly like it did when Parcells stepped down, Ireland took over. Then Daboll was hired and Sparano/Henne fighting for their lives.

Year 3 is the season where improvement is expected. Tannehill has already shown significant improvement. Coaches and GMs are not as myopic as fans.

Since when is a differing opinion trolling? If you want to simply type your opinion unchallenged, you came to the wrong place.

When. In preseason? I thought preseason doesn't matter or is that philosophy not acceptable when it comes to Tannehill.
And if you base that 'significant improvement' on the preseason I have to hurt your feelings a little.
From the first drive of the preseason to the rehearsal game his performance is declining. He looks more like the last two games last year than a 3rd year QB with franchise designation aspiration.
I certainly hope he will improve but there is no guarantee for that.

When. In preseason? I thought preseason doesn't matter or is that philosophy not acceptable when it comes to Tannehill.
And if you base that 'significant improvement' on the preseason I have to hurt your feelings a little.
From the first drive of the preseason to the rehearsal game his performance is declining. He looks more like the last two games last year than a 3rd year QB with franchise designation aspiration.
I certainly hope he will improve but there is no guarantee for that.

From year 1 to year 2.

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

I am confused. Is Hickey in his second year? Did I skip a year?

You're confused.

Hickey was just hired. The best time for a GM to clean house is when they are first hired. Otherwise they become married to the coach and QB that they decide to keep.

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

He is now married (or at least going steady) to Philbin and Tannehill. If he doesn't think they are the answer, he missed his best chance.

Back
Top Bottom