Matt Moore + Mike Wallace deep go route | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore + Mike Wallace deep go route

Tannehill separated himself from Moore two years ago as a rookie. Two OC's have decided that Tannehill is their starter and multiple OC's have determined that Moore is nothing but a backup.
Never said Tannehill was all that but the whole NFL sees Moore as a backup and Im sure many of their Gm's have expensive prescription glasses.

Whats funny is people that think Moore should start when only certain fans have that opinion, nobody in the NFL shares that opinion and that's why he is our backup.

There is really also only a few who think that Moore should outright start. You act like it is a boat load of fans. But the problem is really not Moore. The problem is that Tannehill has not shown yet that he could be the franchise QB. Anytime you have a starting QB not perform to expectation or at least has shown flashes of greatness you will have a QB controversy. The separation between starter and backup is not there.
The support you see is not so much because people think he is such a great QB but they have not seen in Tannehill the guy who is going to lead us in the future.

Moore is what he is. He is an undrafted QB. There were never expectations for him to be a starter. But he did his job well enough that except in 2010 he performed when called upon on.
In 2012 Sherman Ireland made the decision to draft and go with Tannehill. A QB who had 15 college start at that position after losing out two years consecutively at the QB job. I personally felt that unless you are the NY Jets (Mbuttfumble) you don't draft a QB that high who has such little experience.

Like I said: you can say whatever you want to about Moore and you can mock and diss him but simply the fact that going into his third year Tannehill has not proven to be deserving of the title franchise QB.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is really also only a few who think that Moore should outright start. You act like it is a boat load of fans. But the problem is really not Moore. The problem is that Tannehill has not shown yet that he could be the franchise QB. Anytime you have a starting QB not perform to expectation or at least has shown flashes of greatness you will have a QB controversy. The separation between starter and backup is not there.
The support you see is not so much because people think he is such a great QB but they have not seen in Tannehill the guy who is going to lead us in the future.

Tannehill being able to lead us anywhere is a matter of speculation but no team is going anywhere with Matt Moore so unless we have some supremely talented qb on our roster outside Tannehill then there is no reason to bench him.
A controversy should only exist if you have a qb that would possibly do a lot better. Not NFL team is of that opinion of Matt Moore so why should any fans be.

Except the Steelers offered Wallace more money when both men were talking contracts. So how does that fact sit in your theory?

A lot of people on this site don't know this. I remember quoting those stats, from an earlier post in the same thread, at least twice. The Steelers knew Wallace's worth in the right surroundings. Wallace wanted more than his worth, and got it in Miami (though Minnesota reportedly offered more).

Well Wallace has never produced like Brown but its moot. Ginn is not a good NFL player overall.
I do think he has value but not as a first rounder, he plays more like a 5th rounder.
Wallace has been very good but the past two years he has been a bottom level number one guy.
That's saying that out of 32 so called number ones, he is not near the top 15

In some categories, you are right. But scoring wise, no comparison. 4years in, Browns 15 TDs are about half of what Wallace put up his first 4 years.(32)

Back to what I was saying Phin. people have to realize that a third year qb still can develop. Not all qb's are pro bowlers as rookies. we know exactly what Moore is and that's a backup so what do we gain by playing him over Tannehill.
Not to mention he already won the job over Moore as a rookie. Nobody handed Tannehill anything, hell Garrard was looking like starter over Moore at one point

A lot of people on this site don't know this. I remember quoting those stats, from an earlier post in the same thread, at least twice. The Steelers knew Wallace's worth in the right surroundings. Wallace wanted more than his worth, and got it in Miami (though Minnesota reportedly offered more).

The echo chamber here is strong. It takes many attempts to get thru the noise. Even then, people's own bias will jade them to facts.

In some categories, you are right. But scoring wise, no comparison. 4years in, Browns 15 TDs are about half of what Wallace put up his first 4 years.(32)

Tds are overrated unless we are talking about some outrageous number. Last year Brown gave u everything receptions, average and a good amount of Tds while Wallace gave us not enough in any of these categories.
I mean If you only go by Tds than Wallace and Alshon Jeffrey had similar years. Wish we had solved this issue and took Bryant instead of being idiots and trading down

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

reportedly by Wallace's dad. Although Jennings has been a disappointment also.

Tds are overrated unless we are talking about some outrageous number. Last year Brown gave u everything receptions, average and a good amount of Tds while Wallace gave us not enough in any of these categories.
I mean If you only go by Tds than Wallace and Alshon Jeffrey had similar years. Wish we had solved this issue and took Bryant instead of being idiots and trading down

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

reportedly by Wallace's dad. Although Jennings has been a disappointment also.

So TDs are over rated? A guy who can score in the NFL, is now over rated. Man...I understand your POV most times, but this time, I think your arguing just to argue.

So TDs are over rated? A guy who can score in the NFL, is now over rated. Man...I understand your POV most times, but this time, I think your arguing just to argue.

You misunderstand my point. People always assume more tds mean that he is more valuable. I would take Brown's 2013 season over any season that Mike Wallace has played in the league including the 21 yard a catch season.
Andrew Hawkins had 10 tds last year and most teams would not overpay for that

You misunderstand my point. People always assume more tds mean that he is more valuable. I would take Brown's 2013 season over any season that Mike Wallace has played in the league including the 21 yard a catch season.
Andrew Hawkins had 10 tds last year and most teams would not overpay for that

But you are going on single year output versus total output.

Even in rec yards over each players first four years falls in Wallace favor. So if yards and TDs favor Wallace over a 4 yr period, what is the debate?

I'm not bashing others to make a point. I'm just amazed at those using the one trick horse moniker as if there is any truth to it.

Tannehill being able to lead us anywhere is a matter of speculation but no team is going anywhere with Matt Moore so unless we have some supremely talented qb on our roster outside Tannehill then there is no reason to bench him.
A controversy should only exist if you have a qb that would possibly do a lot better. Not NFL team is of that opinion of Matt Moore so why should any fans be.

How do you know that? Do you have connections like some others here? Enlighten me.

Ever thought that the Dolphins made Moore untradeable? To trade Moore the other team has to accept the contract unless Moore is willing to renegotiate.
Any other team has to come up with a way to guarantee Moore the $5.5 he is guaranteed to make this year. Not many teams can do that.

You also understand that Tannehill is learning a lot (according to Tannehill) from that crappy backup.

How do you know that? Do you have connections like some others here? Enlighten me.

Ever thought that the Dolphins made Moore untradeable? To trade Moore the other team has to accept the contract unless Moore is willing to renegotiate.
Any other team has to come up with a way to guarantee Moore the $5.5 he is guaranteed to make this year. Not many teams can do that.

You also understand that Tannehill is learning a lot (according to Tannehill) from that crappy backup.

Moore's contract is not guaranteed and if a team thought Moore was so good they would be trying to trade for him or convince his agent that they were interested.
In this age of technology word gets around. Matt Moore is exactly what he is a backup.

But you are going on single year output versus total output.

Even in rec yards over each players first four years falls in Wallace favor. So if yards and TDs favor Wallace over a 4 yr period, what is the debate?

I'm not bashing others to make a point. I'm just amazed at those using the one trick horse moniker as if there is any truth to it.

Well its not fair to compare his first year since he wasn't a starter. Now comparing their first three starting years is valid to a degree

Starting QB speak...Moore don't understand it. Tannehill never throws anybody under the bus...even when they deserve it. He's a positive, good dude.

And he's not a crappy backup...he's a very solid backup...but backup he is. Crappy starter, solid backup.

Back
Top Bottom