Matt Moore + Mike Wallace deep go route | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore + Mike Wallace deep go route

The problem is Wallace isn't running a go route, he is running a go, stutter, trip, look back at the wrong time, and not fight for the ball route. Moore's deep ball was against a lesser defense and the receiver after beating the DB at the line ran a smooth straight route. Also just an FYI, while a good throw, it wasn't a great throw as it should have been more to the outside to get away from the safety. Against a good D with a solid safety, the safety would have had a play on the ball as it faded back towards the middle of the field.

Oh please. A deep route is a timing throw. The ball is thrown to a certain spot based on the play call and the receiver has to get there while making sure that the DBs have no chance. The ball is thrown when no receiver or DB is in that area at all. What you are talking about is are short and medium passes like slants etc. where the QB is in full control of ball placement relative to the receiver/DB position.

The problems with the timing pass deep are that you overthrow or underthrow the spot or the receiver while getting to the spot does not position himself properly. A pass like Moore's which was 60 yards in the air is a credit to both: QB and receiver. It doesn't matter who you are throwing to or against who. This whole "oh it was just a back up unit" is a bunch of crap which only helps you to digest the fact that Tannehill just cannot complete a deep pass.

On another note: I believe Moore has enough supporters on the staff that if needed (i.e. injury to Tannehill) they trust him to lead this team. Would I change QBs right now? Of course not. Tannehill was a high draft pick and we invested 3 years. But make no mistake: Lazor and Hickey will not bet their careers on Tannehill. As a matter of fact if Sherman and Ireland would still be here Tannehill would be much safer. If Lazor sees that Tannehill does not grasp the offense or is playing mediocre he will pull the trigger. Winning is everything in the NFL.

it just doesn't make sense to start moore, only for the off chance he can hit Wallace deep. lol is he better than tannehill at anything else? i'd say no.

We way over paid for Wallace no doubt....we were so desperate for a deep threat we haven't had forever. I was excited when we first got him, but it his statements lie "I am not gonna run a bunch of go routes in practice because it is bad for your legs" that just make me shake my head. I would definitely have kept Marshall over signing Wallace (in hindsight). The only thing that Wallace is really giving us is the threat of going deep. He is still dangerous on some slip screens and quick hitters that I hope we can take advantage of his speed with in the new offense.

Yea totally. Member that bills game where he hit mike wallace? No because he never has. He hit hartline. And shortly after that he thew a pick and gave the bills the ball back. Stop with the delusions. Matt moore is good against BACK UPS. Thats what Matt Moore is, a back up.

How many times any QB hit Wallace on a bomb throw in training camp?

Go look it up yourself. Anyone is able to get a sample of who he is/was is readily available on the interwebz.

Your just to lazy to look, or just set in your own bias.

Speaking of lazy check my post history. I have multiple photos and videos of that tiny-handed track star in black & gold, and aqua & coral.

Speaking of lazy check my post history. I have multiple photos and videos of that tiny-handed track star in black & gold, and aqua & coral.

I've seen plenty on the webz that contradicts your POV.

Steelers are very good at knowing when to let players go. I think they knew that there was little or no upside to Wallace and that maybe he was even declining. I am not even sure Wallace should be starting...

Mike Wallace is 28 and going by last season, they probably needed him more than we did.

We could use a specialty tag team approach. Only bring in Matt Moore when it's going to be a deep ball to Wallace. That would be marvelously entertaining. Moore could whirlybird stretch his right arm in preparation while running onto the field. The crowd would begin to chant. The announcers would clue the audience, although it would become league famous within a few games.

One of the World Cup teams used a similar approach, replacing the goalie for a penalty shootout. I think it was Holland. And it worked. Who cares if the starting goalie was upset? That starter remained in the game for the subsequent penalty kick shootout and performed poorly in a loss.

The sad aspect is we probably have a better chance with Moore and an obvious scenario than with Tannehill out of the blue.

Besides, even if the opponent knows it's coming it's not like they can risk 8 guys covering Wallace. They have to play it standard or mostly standard, just in case.

Matt Moore + fumbled snap + not improvising and halting called play = Pick 6.

cant believe the entire NFL is missing the boat on a stud like Matt Moore. Carolina was so crazy to keep drafting qb's with this hal of fame player on roster and how could we start a rookie over this pro bowl quality qb.
The real shame is that the dolphins have turned down many high draft picks to keep him on our roster

If you start Moore over Tannehill, you're giving up on Tannehill. You don't have any young QB's waiting in the wings. You know Moore will never take you anywhere near a SB. Even if Tannehill only has a very small chance to make it, you stick with Tannehill in the hope that he defies the odds. Otherwise, there's no point in playing the season.
You only make this move if you believe Moore gives you a much, much better chance of making the playoffs, and I don't think that's the case. I am, and have been, very concerned about Tannehill, but he still has better than a puncher's shot, given his athletic ability and the new offense.
sad story is none of them will take u to superbowl. they booth can win 7 to 9 game. the only difference is one young and one 30.

Back
Top Bottom