Matt Moore wins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore wins

have to disagree that matt ryan can't shoulder a load.

his 4 tds against philly is why they won that game.

he has 5 games this year with at least 3 touchdown passes... if matt moore had done that in five games members on this board would be beating their dick like it owed them money....

I'll give you that matt ryan struggles from time to time, green bay and houston come to mind.... but I think he's perfectly capable of carrying a team... he has a handful of games where they have asked him to do just that...6 games with over 38 attempts this year.

lmao at the i wouldn't feel any better about our qb situation with matt ryan than i do right now...lmao

you gotta be kiddin me...and i admit that ryan hasn't been all he's cracked up to be around here...but still...lmao

The mighty Matt Ryan through his 14 starts has beaten a total of 1 more winning team than Moore. This season he's beaten teams with a combined record of 38-61 vs Moore beating teams with a combined record of 23-33. And that's with no preseason and a new OC. Ryan has a 90.5 QBR, Moore an 88.7. Ryan's ratio of TDs: Ints is 2.2:1, Moore's is 2:1. Where Moore needs to improve obviously is on fumbles. Ryan has a total of 5 in 14 games of which he's lost 3 (or 60% of fumbles turned over); Moore has a total of 11 of which 5 were lost (46% turnovers resulting from fumbles) so even with the Pouncy poor high snaps nothwithstanding, he definitely needs a lot of improvement on that.

But otherwise, please don't hold 2011 Ryan, coming off a postseason on his 4th year of an offensive system as the beacon of light compared to someone whose first start was on an 0-4 team with a new offense for him. There's just not a compelling difference, especially considering Turner and Roddy White. :idk:

i don't care what the stats say...your eyeballs should tell you matt ryans a better nfl qb than matt moore...i mean really...this is a little bit rediculous to be honest

That's the thing. It is not his level of play that makes Atlanta a playoff caliber team. It is the level of play of Michael Turner that makes that team a playoff team. Matt Ryan is good enough to not hurt you when he doesn't have to carry the load. When he has to carry the load, or when you take away Atlanta's running game, Matt Ryan looks like crap.

If Miami had drafted Matt Ryan in 2008, I feel like we would be in the same position today questioning our quarterback. I do not believe he would have elevated the level of play of this team, and his numbers would be significantly worse in Miami.
The correlation this year between Michael Turner's rushing yards and Matt Ryan's QB rating is 0.05, indicating there is no relationship at all between them.

In other words, Matt Ryan's QB rating has nothing to do with how many yards Michael Turner rushes for.

Here are data:

TURNER YARDS
RYAN QBR

well matt moore sure lost you that one today...missed 2 easy in cutting 3rd down balls in the first quarter with horrid ball placement and accuracy where if either catch is made we move the chains...threw late on a out route to marshall that would have been an easy first down...in the second half fumbled the damn ball 2 more times which has become a part of the package with this kid...he fumbles entirely too much...and threw a ball to hartline on a deep route that hartline was wide open and if its out in front its an easy td...ball underthrown by 2 yards

we could have won this game had the qb taken advantage of the plays he was given...this league is about taking advantage of what you're given and making plays when they present themselves and yeah he made some plays today but he left an awful lot of em on the field also...

well matt moore sure lost you that one today...missed 2 easy in cutting 3rd down balls in the first quarter with horrid ball placement and accuracy where if either catch is made we move the chains...threw late on a out route to marshall that would have been an easy first down...in the second half fumbled the damn ball 2 more times which has become a part of the package with this kid...he fumbles entirely too much...and threw a ball to hartline on a deep route that hartline was wide open and if its out in front its an easy td...ball underthrown by 2 yards

we could have won this game had the qb taken advantage of the plays he was given...this league is about taking advantage of what you're given and making plays when they present themselves and yeah he made some plays today but he left an awful lot of em on the field also...

Agreed..that 3rd and most of the 4th quarter on offense was the reason we lost. They kept blitzing and Matt Moore looked like he didn't even know what a blitz was.... You can't ask our defense to completely shut down the Patriots. They did enough.

i tried to tell people on here that matt moore has bad ball placement and accuracy and i'm seeing it a lot on in cutting short routes especially...he's making nice reads i'd say but the throws are just damn errant...throws you got to stick when you have a clean pocket...and the ball security...that is a damn weekly problem with him...and some of those sacks he takes he has to feel the pressure on the inside and throw the damn ball away...

we sign this kid to a long term real money contract we'll regret it...that's all i'm sayin...he wants to keep signing for what amounts to backup money i'm all for it...but don't give this kid an $8 mil per year deal...just don't

I really think it`s the best that can happen to the dolphins and matt moore. moore needs a full season to show if he is an elite back up or an elite starter. and the fins should'nt be desperate to draft a qb cause barkley and luck are gone.

that`s not moore`s fault. moore deserves a full season, then we can talk and compare ryan and moore.

Moore had this exact season in carolina. Came in and went 5-1 as a starter. He began next season as starter and was a disaster. He is a cereer servicable backup, nothing more. He wasn't even a particularly good college QB

Back
Top Bottom