Matt Moore wins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore wins

well matt moore sure lost you that one today...missed 2 easy in cutting 3rd down balls in the first quarter with horrid ball placement and accuracy where if either catch is made we move the chains...threw late on a out route to marshall that would have been an easy first down...in the second half fumbled the damn ball 2 more times which has become a part of the package with this kid...he fumbles entirely too much...and threw a ball to hartline on a deep route that hartline was wide open and if its out in front its an easy td...ball underthrown by 2 yards

we could have won this game had the qb taken advantage of the plays he was given...this league is about taking advantage of what you're given and making plays when they present themselves and yeah he made some plays today but he left an awful lot of em on the field also...
Matt Moore's QB rating was 99.8 today. He hardly lost the game IMO.

If your belief is that Matt Moore isn't good enough, you're very likely to give more weight to his negative plays than his positive ones.

That's why the cold, objective 99.8 QB rating provides the best information IMO.

You could've written the same post I quoted above, and if his QB rating was 70 or lower, I would've agreed with you that he lost the game.

But with a 99.8 QB rating, clearly you're neglecting the positivity from his play IMO.

yea, theres that rating argument again....

tom brady throws for more yards, has a higher completion %, gets sacked less, and accounts for the same amount of touchdowns, and throws zero interceptions... OH and by the way, wins the ****ing game... and has a lower qb rating than the losing quarterback.

The way I look at it is we have an elite LT who so far has won as many big college championships and playoff games as an alternative serviceable QB option... and a QB certainly more effective than let's say Trent Edwards and Culpecker that errr, some folks around here held up in esteem at one point as quality QBs
hat is

Yea because the people that held Ronnie Brown, Trent Green, John Beck,Ted Ginn and Pat White , were so much more right lol. I would rather have a qb that at least gets to playoffs and has a chance to win the big one than a LT is on a constant losing team. That Servicable Qb brought his team back to victory while our LT didnt help us win a game when we were ahead 17-0. Yea so much better to have a losing team with an elite lt that has not been so elite the past two years in fact this year is bascially servicable than a so called servicable qb that is once again leading his team to playoffs at least with the possibility of winning a chanpionship. You do realize a team has much less chance to win a championship if they dont make the playoffs. So keep feeling so great about our LT with a career record of 30- 33 record over a qb with a career record of 42 -18 .

that`s not moore`s fault. moore deserves a full season, then we can talk and compare ryan and moore.

he will have played in 13 games this season.. you honestly don't have a good sample size from that. played in 13 games, started in 12.... c'mon dude..

his line against NE today was very comparable to chad hennes

henne was 30/49 416 yards, 61.2% 8.5 YPA, 4 sacks losing 26 yards, 2 tds, 1 int, 7 rushes 59 yards 1 td. 93.6 rating

MM was 17/33 294 yards, 51.5% 8.9YPA, 5 sacks losing 28 yards 3 tds, 1 int 3 rush -1 yards, 1 fumble 99.8 rating.

we need better.

Compare Ryan and Moore all you like. RyAN HAS STARTED FROM YEAR ONE and has a 42-18 record while Matt Moore bounces from team to team and as they choose better options at qb. Yea they are so similar lol

Matt Moore's QB rating was 99.8 today. He hardly lost the game IMO.

If your belief is that Matt Moore isn't good enough, you're very likely to give more weight to his negative plays than his positive ones.

That's why the cold, objective 99.8 QB rating provides the best information IMO.

You could've written the same post I quoted above, and if his QB rating was 70 or lower, I would've agreed with you that he lost the game.

But with a 99.8 QB rating, clearly you're neglecting the positivity from his play IMO.

like i said...your username should be showrong...qb rating...lmao

Moore had this exact season in carolina. Came in and went 5-1 as a starter. He began next season as starter and was a disaster. He is a cereer servicable backup, nothing more. He wasn't even a particularly good college QB

This ^ quote right there.... It's giving false hopes to a lot fans, he's bounced from team to team and people think he's our savior.

Talk about stats all you want, but in the midst of a 27 unanswered point beatdown the QB cannot lead the team to at least a FG. That 2nd half was awful and Matt moore looked completely lost until that last drive. You have got to be able to answer the other teams points when you have 4-5 chances.

Talk about stats all you want, but in the midst of a 27 unanswered point beatdown the QB cannot lead the team to at least a FG. That 2nd half was awful and Matt moore looked completely lost until that last drive. You have got to be able to answer the other teams points when you have 4-5 chances.
And Tom Brady looked completely lost in the first half.

Does that mean he's no good?

The point is, Moore is playing well enough overall to be considered a good enough quarterback.

You can't judge the guy on what he's doing in pieces of single games. You have to take a look at his overall body of work and see what it would be likely to produce over the course of a season.

The problem is that nobody knows what this guy really is, so they're taking tiny samples of his play and trying to make ultimate conclusions based on them. It's as if people need to resolve their uncertainty about him as quickly as possible, so they're relying on very little information in doing so.

That's not a good way of evaluating a player. These players can't be reduced to one half of one game.

The point is, do you really want another quarterback who is considered just "good enough"? Jay Fiedler anyone? A good quarterback realizes when his team is reeling and steps up and makes plays. Matty Moore looked like a deer in the headlights

The guy has had the same situation in Carolina where he was handed the reigns and failed.

With the state of this franchise, it is franchise quarterback or bust. We will not stand for this AJ Feeley/Gus Ferotte/Joey Harrington etc BS anymore.

With that being said, I wouldn't mind if he started next year as long we acquire a QB of the future because Matt Moore is clearly not the answer.

And Tom Brady looked completely lost in the first half. havent watched the game yet, but i'll take your word for it. I'd agree good qb's can have bad halfs.

Does that mean he's no good? no it was one half, he brought his team back in the second half with 3 tds and WON the game... THATS WHAT FRANCHISE QBS DO.

The point is, Moore is playing well enough overall to be considered a good enough quarterback. great... show me a playoff team that is going to win with a good enough qb.

You can't judge the guy on what he's doing in pieces of single games. You have to take a look at his overall body of work and see what it would be likely to produce over the course of a season. I've done this, I've told you and several other people I look at body of work... without todays game because I haven't watched it, I was at 11 games, .500 record, 11 tds, and 11 fumbles.

The problem is that nobody knows what this guy really is, so they're taking tiny samples of his play and trying to make ultimate conclusions based on them. It's as if people need to resolve their uncertainty about him as quickly as possible, so they're relying on very little information in doing so. Not me, and I just explained why.

That's not a good way of evaluating a player. These players can't be reduced to one half of one game.
see above sentences...

hat is

Yea because the people that held Ronnie Brown, Trent Green, John Beck,Ted Ginn and Pat White , were so much more right lol. I would rather have a qb that at least gets to playoffs and has a chance to win the big one than a LT is on a constant losing team. That Servicable Qb brought his team back to victory while our LT didnt help us win a game when we were ahead 17-0. Yea so much better to have a losing team with an elite lt that has not been so elite the past two years in fact this year is bascially servicable than a so called servicable qb that is once again leading his team to playoffs at least with the possibility of winning a chanpionship. You do realize a team has much less chance to win a championship if they dont make the playoffs. So keep feeling so great about our LT with a career record of 30- 33 record over a qb with a career record of 42 -18 .

Had we drafted Mattie Ice he would have been badly broken by now. Just think how bad our line has been even with Jake in there. I'm talkin' John Beck broken. You give a young QB no protection and he gets shell shocked and sometimes never recovers. Do you even remember how ****ing bad our line was before Jake? Can I say it enough times? You have made you point ad nauseum, but the QB in question would have had NO weapons, no protection and no chance to succeed... we were drafting Defense. Waaaaa, Get over it

On to our own Mattie... what you saw today is what you get. Inaccuracy and unforced mistakes. Cry all you want about "he needs a full year's" chance to prove himself. Bull****. Look at the Dallas game, just ONE first down and we win that game... we lost. Does Philly conjure up some of the same memories? NYJ, Denver, NYG? A timely second half drive in any one of these would have won or dramatically changed these games. He is not the annointed one, and those of you who think 'he just needs a little time to prove himself' ...he already has.

no...i'm free to know that you and others are whats the term i should use...way off
Ah, so you don't just believe things, you have some sort of omniscient superpower to know that you can't possibly be wrong.

There went your credibility.

Back
Top Bottom