Matt Moore wins | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Moore wins

Ah, so you don't just believe things, you have some sort of omniscient superpower to know that you can't possibly be wrong.

There went your credibility.

no problem...i'm ok not being credible to you...

The point is, do you really want another quarterback who is considered just "good enough"? Jay Fiedler anyone? A good quarterback realizes when his team is reeling and steps up and makes plays. Matty Moore looked like a deer in the headlights

The guy has had the same situation in Carolina where he was handed the reigns and failed.

With the state of this franchise, it is franchise quarterback or bust. We will not stand for this AJ Feeley/Gus Ferotte/Joey Harrington etc BS anymore.

With that being said, I wouldn't mind if he started next year as long we acquire a QB of the future because Matt Moore is clearly not the answer.
Any "QB of the future" is more likely to be unsuccessful than successful in the future.

Any "QB of the future" is more likely to be unsuccessful than successful in the future.

So your ok with another stop gap/maybe they will pan out QB? I would rather try and fail to get a QB with real potential considering we have not done that since Marino. Might as well try and swing for a home run considering we have not even tried in the last 15 years.

So your ok with another stop gap/maybe they will pan out QB? I would rather try and fail to get a QB with real potential considering we have not done that since Marino. Might as well try and swing for a home run considering we have not even tried in the last 15 years.
I'm all for drafting another QB as high as possible, but I'm not for trading enormous amounts of resources to do so, not when we have a QB who just played half a season in a way that's associated with 10 to 13 wins on a season.

Can I just see Matt Moore without Columbo at RT?

I don't know if you're going to get much better than a 103 QB rating over half a season, with or without Colombo.

how about getting a more wins than losses... I don't get how this rating is associated with 10-13 win seasons.... he's played in 13 games and started 12 and we have won five times?

And Tom Brady looked completely lost in the first half.

Does that mean he's no good?

The point is, Moore is playing well enough overall to be considered a good enough quarterback.

Well enough can´t get you to the Super Bowl.

You can't judge the guy on what he's doing in pieces of single games.

Yes you can when he is losing the game in those piecesof single games with fumbles and INTs

You have to take a look at his overall body of work and see what it would be likely to produce over the course of a season.

His body of work with the Dolphins is 5-6 - Passing 59%comp 15TDs 7 INTs 9 FUM - Rushing 2 TDs 5 FUM with a total of 17-21 TD-TO ratio, are you happy with that?

The problem is that nobody knows what this guy really is, so they're taking tiny samples of his play and trying to make ultimate conclusions based on them. It's as if people need to resolve their uncertainty about him as quickly as possible, so they're relying on very little information in doing so.

He is 8 yeears in the league. He is done developping. He already showed what he´s got, a .500 QB with a negative TD/TO ratio

That's not a good way of evaluating a player. These players can't be reduced to one half of one game.

You are grasping on the ONLY good stat Moore has and I don´t get it...

Its funny bringing up stats, If you dont win, stats mean jack. Moore had a chance to turn this thing around since Henne went down after the 0-4 debacle, he could've brought us deep into the playoffs basing it on your stats, hell he even couldve brought us a super bowl. The fact is he didnt, and probably never will.

Its funny bringing up stats, If you dont win, stats mean jack. Moore had a chance to turn this thing around since Henne went down after the 0-4 debacle, he could've brought us deep into the playoffs basing it on your stats, hell he even couldve brought us a super bowl. The fact is he didnt, and probably never will.
You obviously have your mind made up about Moore, and I'd be a fool to think I could change it.

It would have been interesting to see how he would have performed if we had a competent coaching staff that was smart enough to spread the field, minimizing the pressure like the patriots did. Oh well!

After the td throw to Bess, I have gone from 50/50 on Moore to 55/45 in Moore's favor. Still want to draft a qb though.

Had we drafted Mattie Ice he would have been badly broken by now. Just think how bad our line has been even with Jake in there. I'm talkin' John Beck broken. You give a young QB no protection and he gets shell shocked and sometimes never recovers. Do you even remember how ****ing bad our line was before Jake? Can I say it enough times? You have made you point ad nauseum, but the QB in question would have had NO weapons, no protection and no chance to succeed... we were drafting Defense. Waaaaa, Get over it

On to our own Mattie... what you saw today is what you get. Inaccuracy and unforced mistakes. Cry all you want about "he needs a full year's" chance to prove himself. Bull****. Look at the Dallas game, just ONE first down and we win that game... we lost. Does Philly conjure up some of the same memories? NYJ, Denver, NYG? A timely second half drive in any one of these would have won or dramatically changed these games. He is not the annointed one, and those of you who think 'he just needs a little time to prove himself' ...he already has.

Atlanta has had far from an elite line during the time Ryan has been there. This myth that Ryan has this great line in front of him has no basis

Back
Top Bottom