Matt Patricia | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Matt Patricia

Lets just let our rivals walk right through our door, see how we operate, turn down the job, and give more ammo BB to work with....

I don't want to turn this into another Tannehill debate, so I will just say, I think that Bill Lazor had something to do with that in the first game, based on everything I have heard.

Regardless, you would agree that the Patriots' defense was solid in that game? I don't want anything to do with Patricia, but his unit was not bad on Sunday.
Giving up >400yds in a game is not what I would call solid.

They only gave up 20 points so it was a lot of bend don't break on defense for them. Not a fan of that philosophy but usually their offense puts pressure on the other teams offense to keep up...but they were really banged up obviously.

runs a very talented D, wouldnt know what to do with ours

Belichick has gone from going into the season without a coordinator to just promoting a hobo off the street to defensive coordinator in an attempt to troll the rest of the NFL.

And we want to hire this guy? :sidelol:

Agreed. Have we learned nothing from the Nick Cesario debacle? I wouldn't hire / trust anyone from that organization, including Belichick.

Would you agree or disagree that they played good run defense? Would you agree or disagree that they did not blow coverages or tackle poorly? Would you agree or disagree that the majority of the Dolphins' passing yards came on throws into tight coverage or great plays on jump balls by Devante Parker?

They did not give us easy yards.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

Agreed. Have we learned nothing from the Nick Cesario debacle? I wouldn't hire / trust anyone from that organization, including Belichick.

He actually was willing to take the job, but wanted to fire Philbin immediately. Ross told him no.

Would you agree or disagree that they played good run defense? Would you agree or disagree that they did not blow coverages or tackle poorly? Would you agree or disagree that the majority of the Dolphins' passing yards came on throws into tight coverage or great plays on jump balls by Devante Parker?

They did not give us easy yards.

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 AM ----------

He actually was willing to take the job, but wanted to fire Philbin immediately. Ross told him no.

I would be so happy right now if Nick Cesario was running a head coach search in Miami

I would be so happy right now if Nick Cesario was running a head coach search in Miami

I don't know if he is good or bad at his job, but I do know that I'd be more comfortable with him than Tannenbaum.

The only coaches we've had with a winning record had prior NFL coaching experience. That was Jimmy Johnson and Wanny. Cameron, Sparano, and Philbin were all successful coordinators and you guys still want to hire a successful coordinator? That's the defination of insanity.

I believe Don Shula had a winning record along with prior head coaching experience.

If we wait for someone who is still in the playoffs we will again get a bottom tier coach.

My impression was that Belichick was the de facto GM picking the players. Cesario may function best as an Executive VP with a GM under him. Given that this is the Dolphins set up, I would rather have Tannenbaum in this type of role as he will have learned from his prior GM experience. Plus his networking relationships while an agent broaden the list of qualified HC candidates the Dolphins will interview, such as Hue Jackson.

I guess I am in Camp Hayden and not paranoid with regards to Tannenbaum leading the HC search.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

If we wait for someone who is still in the playoffs we will again get a bottom tier coach.

I think the Falcons did well waiting for Dan Quinn.

Was Shanahan overseeing the games where RGIII was playing out there with a ****tail straw for a leg?

After thinking about it, I'm not sure Shanahan's credibility is what it used to be. Exactly what control he had, yay or nay, over the Redskins situation is uncertain, but that situation did NOT end well.

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 AM ----------

"I think the Falcons did well waiting for Dan Quinn."

Did They?

Sure looked like a Mike Smith team to me for most of the year. Exactly what Smith's effect was is debatable, too.

Back
Top Bottom