Maybe the new staff thinks they can work with some of the young Offensive Lineman on the roster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Maybe the new staff thinks they can work with some of the young Offensive Lineman on the roster

Well, either that or they're looking to the draft for OL help

They may be able to land a quality interior OL at #29 but I don't see a OT making it to them.

I am still hoping they add a legit OL starter but perhaps McDaniel and Co think they can make something out of Jackson/Dieter/KIindley/Eichenberg.

Looking at the Draft unless they move up I don't see a quality OT making it to #29, OG maybe but not OT.
The coaching alone has improved dramatically since Flo. So yes.

I hope not. I'm sure they could all get better with good coaching but I'm ready for at least 2 good OL to step in until they get better.

If we did sign a couple good linemen and the coaches made all of them better we could have a good OL with good backups. Imagine that.

Last edited:
I'm hoping the new offensive line staff can develop our existing talent and turn a couple into solid starters. Having said that, people are acting as if all the OT talent in FA has been signed, when in reality the first domino hasn't even fallen.

Armstead, D. Brown, T. Brown, Moses, Williams, Reiff, etc., are all still on the market.

I think they likely view a few of the young linemen as possibilities moving forward. Most likely, I think Jackson, Eichenberg and maybe a rookie battle it out for a guard spot.

Offensive tackle appears to be a glaring hole. Not sure who falls to 29, but hopefully Miami locks down at least one tackle position in free agency.

Abe Lucas was impressive at the combine. He could be a 2nd round target at RT. Daniel Faalele would be nice to have in the running game.

Well, either that or they're looking to the draft for OL help
It would be very risky to not bring in a proven, solid veteran or two, regardless. You can't count on a bottom rd1, or rd2 pick to be ready day one. I still have hopes for some of our young guys, but wouldn't "count on" that either.

votebabe.png

It would be very risky to not bring in a proven, solid veteran or two, regardless. You can't count on a bottom rd1, or rd2 pick to be ready day one. I still have hopes for some of our young guys, but wouldn't "count on" that either.
Very risky indeed

I assume we will be signing 1-2 OL still, OT for sure

I dont get the freaking out right now, most of the top ones are still out there...

I think they likely view a few of the young linemen as possibilities moving forward. Most likely, I think Jackson, Eichenberg and maybe a rookie battle it out for a guard spot.

Offensive tackle appears to be a glaring hole. Not sure who falls to 29, but hopefully Miami locks down at least one tackle position in free agency.

Abe Lucas was impressive at the combine. He could be a 2nd round target at RT. Daniel Faalele would be nice to have in the running game.
Absolutely. There's certainly some talent to work with. We don't need 5 pro bowlers.

Back
Top Bottom