McAdoo choosing Giants a black mark against Philbin? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McAdoo choosing Giants a black mark against Philbin?

I didn't want McAdoo anyway.

By the way things are going I don't want ANY Green bay people here.

Philbin is proving that Green Bay's offense is more a product of McCarthy & Rogers than it is anything else.

I didn't want McAdoo anyway.

By the way things are going I don't want ANY Green bay people here.

Philbin is proving that Green Bay's offense is more a product of McCarthy & Rogers than it is anything else.

Hell I don't want Philbin but we don't have a choice lol.

I would wager that taking the OC job with a coach that just won a superbowl two years ago and will likely be employed after next year is a much better decision than being OC for a guy that barely has a job.
Let me ask you would you rather coach with a proven head coach that has got results or would you rather coach with a guy that couldn't even muster more than 7 points out of his team the final two weeks of the season versus Buffalo and New York. If your an OC your number one job is to set yourself up for the next position. In New York you have a proven coach with a proven qb although he was bad last year. Miami has Philbin not exactly building a stellar reputation in Miami and will most likely be gone if he cannot produce a winning season this year.

There are many good reasons to take their job, I don't dispute that. Job security with the head coach is not one of them though and we should bet our vcash on it. If Philbin is still the coach of the Dolphins in 2015 and Coughlin isn't the head coach of the Giants in 2015 I win. Vise-verse you win. Anything else is a push.

I can't believe Bill Lazor would choose Ryan Tannehill over Matthew Stafford. OMG. Hasn't he looked at Matt Stafford's YPA? It was 7.3 this year!

This may be a "happy adjustment" but I'm going to go ahead and assume Philbin got the man he wanted all along.

These two worked together in Green Bay and McAdoo seemed to draw big interest from the Dolphins. Was Philbin not interested in bringing him in, or do you think McAdoo was wary of our organization and saw more stability under Coughlin?

If McAdoo did indeed choose the Giants because of the unstable situation in South Florida, this will not bode well for our OC and GM search. Just more bad publicity. Personally, I'm hoping McAdoo just liked NYC and wanted to live there.

I don't think it is good he chose an older QB on a team w/ cap issues w/ that QB coming off a horrendous year vs. a young QB w/ some upside that he can really have a hand in developing especially since Coughlin maybe has a year or 2 more unless he thinks he can eventually take over for Coughlin as HC.

Lazers can shoot down Jets.....

Back
Top Bottom