McAdoo choosing Giants a black mark against Philbin? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McAdoo choosing Giants a black mark against Philbin?

it's not just choosing NY... it's saying that the Giants are "a 5 star organization" going out the door! whatever DawnJo did or didn't say in that meeting obviously tilted McAdoo's opinion of a former colleague, and moved him to degrading the Dolphins hierarchy.

Ross needs to get home... and break out the big broom

How are the Blinders? They look good on all of you. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
So now we are spinning this that Philbin really didn't want McAdoo but instead he was doing him a favor to get him another job...Ummmmm OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKK

WOW, our fan base really needs to see what this organization has become. We better hope Kubiak wants to come in and reestablish his name of be ready for Zach Taylor to be your OC...ouch, I just threw up a little in my mouth typing that.

So now we are spinning this that Philbin really didn't want McAdoo but instead he was doing him a favor to get him another job...Ummmmm OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKK

WOW, our fan base really needs to see what this organization has become. We better hope Kubiak wants to come in and reestablish his name of be ready for Zach Taylor to be your OC...ouch, I just threw up a little in my mouth typing that.

Right because...Philbin has no history of doing just this very thing for people he was close to......

EXCEPT his just did the very same thing for Matt Flynn.

Wow...what a coink a dink!

same people upset at this, could be same people that were upset that Matt Flynn isn't the QB in Miami. I trust Philbin as he has to know his career is on the line and if he really thought McAdoo was the man for the job he'd be in Miami.

This is not on Joe. It is on Ross. Ross put Joe in this spot to have to find an OC. Ross just does not get it.

I actually think it will be Ken O'Keefe if they do go in-house. And take it from an Iowa Hawkeye fan, you don't want that!

Wasn't Philbin the Offensive Coordinator when Rodgers won the Superbowl? I thought the reason Ross hired him was to bring Green Bay's "offensive system" to Miami. This whole Sherman saga shows me that Philbin was nothing more than the a line coach in Green Bay with an OC title. Mike McCarthy creates the strategy and Aaron Rodgers executes it.

Position coaches almost always fail as Head Coaches:

Herm Edwards, Rob Marinelli, Mike Tice, Tony Sparano, Jim Caldwell, Mike Singletary, Jim Zorn, etc...

Then there are de facto OCs

Brad Childress (Andy Reid called the plays), Gary Kubiak (Mike Shannahan called the plays), Marty Mornhinweig (Mike Holmgren called the plays), Josh McDaniels (BB), Eric Mangini (BB), Romeo Crennell (BB).

The exception to this rule is John Harbaugh, but the Ravens are an outstanding organization.

Doug Marrone is very similar to Philbin (was "OC" under Sean Payton), but at least he got some valuable HC experience that will help him adjust.

Back
Top Bottom