McAdoo choosing Giants a black mark against Philbin? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McAdoo choosing Giants a black mark against Philbin?

I don't see the big deal in McAdoo at all.

Seems like people always want to take credit for a players success. Aaron Rogers is great with or without McAdoo.

Didn't go so well with Flynn.

Just like Aaron Rodgers is great with or without Philbin.

Possible we did him a solid like I think we did with Matt Flynn. Possible that the news of some other positions being filled broke while he was here and that changed things for us.

Possible he really did just want no part of Joe, friend or not, on a red hot seat.

The mostly likely thing that happened was Macadoo waited to take job out of respect for Philbin. But He did not hear what he wanted to with his interview.
So he took the Giants job. It is ridiculous to think that Philbin interviewed Macadoo just to prop up Macadoo for old times sake.

The mostly likely thing that happened was Macadoo waited to take job out of respect for Philbin. But He did not hear what he wanted to with his interview.
So he took the Giants job. It is ridiculous to think that Philbin interviewed Macadoo just to prop up Macadoo for old times sake.

Agreed, not really sure he needed any help with his stock rising already and considering he was interviewed for a HC job as well.

superbowl winning ELI MANNING over aint done nuthin' yet, game still has holes TANNEHILL

that was his choice. his chance of succeeding with eli is much more a sure thing NOW than tannehill.

cant blame him. this is his CAREER and friendship absolutely shouldnt be the OVERALL factor. and i imagine the 3HM [3 headed monster] power structure isnt thrilling him either.

many think this is philbins last hurrah and miami IS NOT one or two players away. better qb, better all around team [fluke bad year] no funky power structure, coach's job is stable. he made the RIGHT choice for his career and family.

i wouldnt hitch my wagon to philbin right now either. and even though i like philbin a lot and thought he did one hell of a job being handed a WORSE team than before with ireland having the WORST DRAFT in team history and NO ONE on the o-line, a qb still having wincing at times growing pains and the martin ordeal. there is a belief philbin has a bulls eye on him and its playoffs or out. and that would mean mcdoody to.

mcpoo's mamma didnt raise no fool.

THe Dolphin Oc job is probably one of the least appealing because Philbin is viewed as basically having one year left to prove himself. If u Oc for a coach that gets fired then you are probably looking for a job unless your offense was amazing

it has nothing to do with "propping up," or "old times sake," really.

you are an OC, or a wannabe OC. you are known to be interviewing with various teams around the league. you are friends with joe philbin and worked together in green bay. joe philbin is now head coach of a team that is actively interviewing for a new OC. that team does not have you in for an interview. you don't do that to a friend, star rising or not.

superbowl winning ELI MANNING over aint done nuthin' yet, game still has holes TANNEHILL that was his choice. his chance of succeeding with eli is much more a sure thing NOW than tannehill. cant blame him. this is his CAREER and friendship absolutely shouldnt be the OVERALL factor. and i imagine the 3HM [3 headed monster] power structure isnt thrilling him either. many think this is philbins last hurrah and miami IS NOT one or two players away. better qb, better all around team [fluke bad year] no funky power structure, coach's job is stable. he made the RIGHT choice for his career and family. i wouldnt hitch my wagon to philbin right now either. and even though i like philbin a lot and thought he did one hell of a job being handed a WORSE team than before with ireland having the WORST DRAFT in team history and NO ONE on the o-line, a qb still having wincing at times growing pains and the martin ordeal. there is a belief philbin has a bulls eye on him and its playoffs or out. and that would mean mcdoody to. mcpoo's mamma didnt raise no fool.
Tom Coughlin's job is not safer than Joe Philbin's. They're both at the same level at this point.

Tom Coughlin's job is not safer than Joe Philbin's. They're both at the same level at this point.

obviously, mcdoodie doesnt think so.

and they have been saying this for 15 years now. every time the giants have an off season it get said that he is out or soon to be.

sorry, TC is going to be in NY for some time. dont believe the hype!!

You don't seriously think that Couglin who just won a superbowl two years ago is more likely to get fired than Philbin lol.
Coughlin has a history with the giants Two superbowl victories, 1 losing season since 2005 and 5 playoff appearances.
Any coach can get fired but to say their job is on same level is quite disingenious

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm saying the job security of Tom Coughlin's job and Joe Philbin's job is at the same level. They will be fired if they don't reach the playoffs. Coughlin might not even be fired because his contract runs out at the end of the 2014 season.

We can revisit this thread in a year from now if you feel like.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

You don't seriously think that Couglin who just won a superbowl two years ago is less likely to get fired than Philbin lol. Coughlin has a history with the giants Two superbowl victories, 1 losing season since 2005 and 5 playoff appearances. Any coach can get fired but to say their job is on same level is quite disingenious
I think you meant to say "more likely to get fired".

Yes, I'm saying the job security of Tom Coughlin's job and Joe Philbin's job is at the same level. They will be fired if they don't reach the playoffs. Coughlin might not even be fired because his contract runs out at the end of the 2014 season.

We can revisit this thread in a year from now if you feel like.

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

I think you meant to say "more likely to get fired".

That's what I meant and there is no way they have the same job security.
Couglin could survive another 8-8 but Philbin would only survive that because we have a weak owner

Exactly. And with Coughlin being close to retiring I would even say Philbin is the slightly more stable option. Maybe he didn't want us. Maybe we didn't want him. Maybe the interview was out of courtesy on both ends. Maybe we offered him the job on the condition Philbin would call plays and he didn't want that. Maybe its about picking Manning over Tannehill. Maybe he thinks he will be able to slide in as NYs next Head Coach if Coughlin retires. The point is nobody knows but Coughlin being the more stable choice is ridiculous, I mean Coughlin would probably be near the top of the list if were to make a NFL death pool...

That's what I meant and there is no way they have the same job security.
Couglin could survive another 8-8 but Philbin would only survive that because we have a weak owner

So you admit its about the same. Plus Coughlin likely retires with another mediocre season, no chance Philbin does. If anybody would care to wager on it hit me up.

So you admit its about the same. Plus Coughlin likely retires with another mediocre season, no chance Philbin does. If anybody would care to wager on it hit me up.

I would wager that taking the OC job with a coach that just won a superbowl two years ago and will likely be employed after next year is a much better decision than being OC for a guy that barely has a job.
Let me ask you would you rather coach with a proven head coach that has got results or would you rather coach with a guy that couldn't even muster more than 7 points out of his team the final two weeks of the season versus Buffalo and New York. If your an OC your number one job is to set yourself up for the next position. In New York you have a proven coach with a proven qb although he was bad last year. Miami has Philbin not exactly building a stellar reputation in Miami and will most likely be gone if he cannot produce a winning season this year.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

No I don't admit its about the same. Coughlin has built up some cache to keep his job because he has won 2 superbowls, Philbin has built up squat and is lucky to still be the coach

Back
Top Bottom