McAdoo choosing Giants a black mark against Philbin? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McAdoo choosing Giants a black mark against Philbin?

Philbin has a hard enough time being a head coach, no way I want him calling plays also. He didn't eben do it in GB, when he was the OC.

I am puzzled as to why this is not considered a black mark on the Giants organization.

Maybe Dawn Aponte can write up some index cards with plays on them and Philbin can read them to Tannehill..

It's a matter of choosing a known quantity. Coughlin and crew are stable, Manning has won the SB, they still have a very solid defense, NYG aren't too far off from returning to the playoffs.

I actually think it will be Ken O'Keefe if they do go in-house. And take it from an Iowa Hawkeye fan, you don't want that!

Would see a lot of bubble screens. The deep route people complain about would take over this board because he rarely throws the ball down field. He was better than people gave him credit for, but no way he is an NFL OC. Thought WR coach was a stretch.

I don't see the big deal in McAdoo at all.

Seems like people always want to take credit for a players success. Aaron Rogers is great with or without McAdoo.

Didn't go so well with Flynn.

I thought the lesson was learned about the disadvantages of nepotism with the hiring and subsequent firing of Sherman. If McAdoo is also Philbin's friend then it is probably best that the Dolphins look elsewhere for their OC.

These two worked together in Green Bay and McAdoo seemed to draw big interest from the Dolphins. Was Philbin not interested in bringing him in, or do you think McAdoo was wary of our organization and saw more stability under Coughlin?

If McAdoo did indeed choose the Giants because of the unstable situation in South Florida, this will not bode well for our OC and GM search. Just more bad publicity. Personally, I'm hoping McAdoo just liked NYC and wanted to live there.

I bet Philbin gets criticized if McAdoo was hired because they worked together before. People would look at that and say Philbin can only work with people he knows prior.

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

Maybe its a black mark on Tannehill?

That's be the streak in your underwear you have for the guy

---------- Post added at 11:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

It's a matter of choosing a known quantity. Coughlin and crew are stable, Manning has won the SB, they still have a very solid defense, NYG aren't too far off from returning to the playoffs.

Giants, stable? Of course.

Ross should have cleaned house at seasons end. We aren't going to get any quality GM or OC as long as Philbin and his band of rejects are still here.

The whining on this board grows worse each day.

You don't need to look at McAdoo's actions to judge Philbin. Terrible coach with the presence of a shuffling corpse on the sideline. I didn't fully trust him every since he came out of Hard Knocks looking so weak and beta when talking to his players. He did not deserve another year screwing over our team.

Back
Top Bottom