McCain and Jones to IR | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McCain and Jones to IR

Agreed. I don’t know about milking it but I don’t think he’s been all in either.

Somebody’s likely to get a good value signing for the short term.

I don’t know... this doesn’t seem that encouraging of a history, especially recently, for an aging safety..

If you are getting an Elite player, it’s great value. Colts took a OG in the top 10, it’s been tremendous value even though OG is not at all considered “value” that high.
We didn't get an elite player and neither did Pittsburgh.

Man people hatin on Jones because of his contract status. Man was a baller for us. Loved watching him play regardless of the inept coaching staffs he's had to deal with. One of the best SS we've ever had.

Jennings hurt himself celebrating Grant's return TD

i noticed that right away. wtf is it with some of these players. they go out of their way to truck the guy who just scored and then get hurt in the process. or do other stupid stuff “celebrating”. low i.q. is all i have to say. what’s wrong with some high fives.

also jones hasn’t covered anyone since he’s been here - makes the occasional big hit but that does not provide any real value. gets hurt in the process doing that anyway sticking his shoulder into guys instead of trying to form tackle and just get the player down as efficiently as possible.

mccain never had the body to play safety- not sure why he ever was tried in any other place but slot corner. he wasn’t an all pro there but wasn’t awful either. moving him to boundary last year and then safety this year ended his career. doubt he will catch on with another team for any meaningful time. no ill will against him, hope i’m wrong.

I'm going to take a wild guess that you haven't actually seen Minkah play in Pittsburgh if you really think what he's doing is "tearing **** up". Picking up fumbles caused by others or having INTs tipped right into your gut isn't tearing it up. It's just being fortunate. Wait until the end of the season to see if that luck continues.
When you pick off 5 passes, recover 2 fumbles and score 2 TDs in 7-8 games it’s not luck. I’m sure there is a cut up of all of Ed Reed’s 60+ or Paul Kraus’ 82 picks. I’m willing to bet the highlight reel looks exactly the same as Minkah’s. Some folks are acting like every play an Ed Reed made was like the Minkah 100 yard pick 6. How many of his picks were tipped and he played clean up? I’m sure A LOT. That’s the nature of that position. You have to be in the right spot and make the play. Picking up a fumble isn’t as easy as it looks either. He has been killing it so much so that he is squarely in the DPOY conversation. Let’s not do the sour grapes thing. Dude is balling.

When you pick off 5 passes, recover 2 fumbles and score 2 TDs in 7-8 games it’s not luck. I’m sure there is a cut up of all of Ed Reed’s 60+ or Paul Kraus’ 82 picks. I’m willing to bet the highlight reel looks exactly the same as Minkah’s. Some folks are acting like every play an Ed Reed made was like the Minkah 100 yard pick 6. How many of his picks were tipped and he played clean up? I’m sure A LOT. That’s the nature of that position. You have to be in the right spot and make the play. Picking up a fumble isn’t as easy as it looks either. He has been killing it so much so that he is squarely in the DPOY conversation. Let’s not do the sour grapes thing. Dude is balling.
Minkah's stats are going to look similar to his stats now by the end of the year. I think it's luck, you don't. Luckily it's an observable outcome.

Minkah's stats are going to look similar to his stats now by the end of the year. I think it's luck, you don't. Luckily it's an observable outcome.
Potato po-tat-o :)

I believe you make your own luck for the most part. He’s making too many plays IMO. Whatever JAG was back there prior to Minkah likely isn’t making all these plays.

By the way, is it too early to nominate this thread for TOTY? This one is my favorite in a long time :)

If we’ve seen last of McCain and Jones, won’t be shedding any tears.
Maybe 2021 for McCain... We only save about $1M by cutting him, but if we can find a taker, we'd save $4M.

It's a combo of both. But I saw Andre Goodman go on a hot streak causing turnovers for us in 2008, get a nice contract from Denver and fall off a cliff. I saw Deltha O'Neal have 9 ints one year for Denve5, be so bad the next year they switched him to WR, and then get traded to Cincy and have 10 INTs. I dont think he would ever be considered a shut down cb.

Bottom line Minkah wanted to go. Here he was going to be asked to be a top guy, and in Pittsburgh he is arguably the 5th or 6th most important player on the defense. He is allowed to react more than be asked to create. Let's see if his play was a hot streak or luck

Back
Top Bottom