McCain and Jones to IR | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McCain and Jones to IR

idk man, despite the lack of general talent, this defense has been playing pretty fundamentally sound. Biggest issue to me right now is lack of pass rush

The team is third worst in net yards per attempt. Nothing about this defense is sound. That’s playing the murders row of qbs in josh Allen x 2, Brian Hoyer, mason rudolph and vase keenum.

For everyone complaining still about Minkah... why?

Now that Flores has turned some bums into decent players and has looked pretty legit given our talent, is it possible that maybe Flores had a plan for him. Maybe it wasn’t clear as day what his plan was but as long as Flores continues to coach like this I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt that he knew what he was doing it’s Minkah but Minkah decided to cry rather than trust coaches plan.

The team is third worst in net yards per attempt. Nothing about this defense is sound. That’s playing the murders row of qbs in josh Allen x 2, Brian Hoyer, mason rudolph and vase keenum.
First off...why is he a vase?

Second, those first four weeks of the season really has the stats pretty screwed. Those first two alone we still haven't recovered from stat wise...Baltimore and the Pats took it to the Dolphins pretty bad.

I think, to me, this defense is by far and away schematically better than anything Vance Joseph or Matt Burke put on the field. It clearly has little to no talent however. When Godchaux and Wilkens are playing 40+ snaps a game it shows you the lack of depth we have on the DL...on a good team DTs play 20-30 snaps tops...those guys have to stay fresh. But then you look at a kid like Needham, who was a train wreck early in the season, to where he's playing now and you have to think with more talent on the roster maybe this staff can develop a few guys and actually make something out of the crap this front office is notorious for drafting.

This secondary is gonna get a massive overhaul this offseason.
I agree but Grier still has to select the right players in the draft or sign the right free agents for this to be a successful rebuild. I don’t hate Grier, I just am not convinced he is up to the job when it comes to being the GM to turn this team into a winner.

I hope he proves me wrong but as they say, “I’ll believe it when I see it”.

If Louis Oliver isn’t up there then Jones doesn’t go up. I love Jones but I think you are spot on. Nothing to do w ROH but he did get snubbed in 2015 when he had the best season of any S in the league - Led NFL in tackles, 5 picks, 2 TDs, 1-2 sacks - statistically the only S close to him was Earl Thomas. That’s how good Jones 2015 campaign was. But not enough to get into the Ring IMO.

He was better than Louis Oliver. In his prime at least

****ing ****S!

We moved McCain to saftey and lost Minkah in the process because of it.

Flores is a ****ing idiot for letting this happen. Minkah is going to go be a damn HOF player. ****ing ****head morons.
You’re completely oblivious as to who the azzhole is.

You’re completely oblivious as to who the azzhole is.

In the end it was Flores decision to play Minkah at ALL positions in the secondary. Everyone here who are average NFL fans know minkah should have been put at FS and moved on. But no, Flores knew better.

I like Flores overall, but this was a major **** up.

Nik Needham is right now rated the 11th best corner in the league this season on pro football focus. He has played an incredible few games.

Miami's secondary is generally made up of corpses or players playing out of position.

And if you look at the first two games of the season, where the defense was an absolute embarrassment, to now, massive improvements have been made

Back
Top Bottom