McCain and Jones to IR | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McCain and Jones to IR

In the end it was Flores decision to play Minkah at ALL positions in the secondary. Everyone here who are average NFL fans know minkah should have been put at FS and moved on. But no, Flores knew better.

I like Flores overall, but this was a major **** up.
He wasn’t asked to do anything that he Didn’t do at Alabama. He played ALL of the secondary positions in college, you’re not making any sense with this. That’s also one of the main reasons why he was drafted, its because he could play multiple positions.

Last edited:
He was better than Louis Oliver. In his prime at least
Jones played at a high level for longer than Louis but Louis had more picks (27) in a shorter period than Jones (21). Oliver was a 4-5 picks per year guy. It’s pretty close between these guys and I love both players.

Jones played at a high level for longer than Louis but Louis had more picks (27) in a shorter period than Jones (21). Oliver was a 4-5 picks per year guy. It’s pretty close between these guys and I love both players.

That’s fair it was a long time ago and I was pretty young. I will leave it up to you senior citizens.

He wasn’t asked to do anything that he Didn’t do at Alabama. He played ALL of the secondary positions in college, you’re not making any sense with this. That’s also one of the main reasons why he was drafted, its because he could play multiple positions.

Expect Pittsburgh stuck him at FS and hes is tearing **** up and while he was here playing all positions he wasn't very good except at nickel. Ya you are not making sense. The evidence is there. This is the NFL not NCAA, its a huge difference.

If Miami had put him at free safety instead of trash mccain minkah would still be here.
I need to edit this a bit,
I’m not sure that if we did put him at free safety that he would still be here. I don’t think he wanted to be part of a rebuild, my personal opinion he was looking for Organization with stability..the McCain move to free safety.is a head scratcher.

Last edited:
Expect Pittsburgh stuck him at FS and hes is tearing **** up and while he was here playing all positions he wasn't very good except at nickel. Ya you are not making sense. The evidence is there. This is the NFL not NCAA, its a huge difference.
I'm going to take a wild guess that you haven't actually seen Minkah play in Pittsburgh if you really think what he's doing is "tearing **** up". Picking up fumbles caused by others or having INTs tipped right into your gut isn't tearing it up. It's just being fortunate. Wait until the end of the season to see if that luck continues.

I'm going to take a wild guess that you haven't actually seen Minkah play in Pittsburgh if you really think what he's doing is "tearing **** up". Picking up fumbles caused by others or having INTs tipped right into your gut isn't tearing it up. It's just being fortunate. Wait until the end of the season to see if that luck continues.

I also saw him step in front of that pass on the goaline, from the FS position, on his own, and take it to the house 100 yards.

We didn’t use him properly, he should have been a FS day 1. I remember when Minkah was coming out, Saban, who regardless of how you feel about him, knows a thing or two about defense, said his best position in the NFL is FS.

Last edited:
I also saw him step in front of that pass on the goaline, from the FS position, on his own, and take it to the house 100 yards.

We didn’t use him properly, he should have been a FS day 1. I remember when Minkah was coming out, Saban, who regardless of how you feel about him, knows a thing or two about defense, said his best position in the NFL is FS.

In both situation, Minkah has benefited with having a ton of talent around him. He is doing well in Pittsburgh, but a big part of that is he has a ton of talent around him to take away the pressure. Some guys thrive on adversity, being put in difficult situation and still having success. Minkah was struggling with the idea of having to be the guy that steps up and does the dirty work. That is not what he wanted and he was worried it would effect his reputation. Like many guys who have only been in favorable situations in a sport, he struggled when everything didn't go his way

Good for him he is in a situation to do well, but good riddance to dudes with weak constitutions.

And that play was really good, but that's the only "really good" play he's made of all the turnovers he so fortunately has had.

PS: 9th overall pick for a FS isn't value... ever. He was picked 9th because he could play multiple positions. He couldn't/wouldn't, so we got our pick back AND used him for a season.

And that play was really good, but that's the only "really good" play he's made of all the turnovers he so fortunately has had.

PS: 9th overall pick for a FS isn't value... ever. He was picked 9th because he could play multiple positions. He couldn't/wouldn't, so we got our pick back AND used him for a season.

It’s more value than a nickel corner. Or a strong safety. Which is what he was used as in Miami. The latter being maybe due to attrition. In 2018 he got 2nd boundary run cause mccain was atrocious. (Which isn’t nothing new)

I don't think Reshad is that injured. He's been milking it this season imo. There will be a playoff team that scoops him up next season.

Agreed. I don’t know about milking it but I don’t think he’s been all in either.

Somebody’s likely to get a good value signing for the short term.

If you are getting an Elite player, it’s great value. Colts took a OG in the top 10, it’s been tremendous value even though OG is not at all considered “value” that high.

Back
Top Bottom