McDaniel on Open Mike: "We're sitting on a gold mine." | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel on Open Mike: "We're sitting on a gold mine."

Well I’ll give you marks for consistency
Ohh I've just seen this movie before. Splash FA signing or trade on defense, sell the fanbase on how simply focusing on Defense will fix this team, while ignoring the elephant in the room (oline) and team falls apart and doesn't come close to winning a ring.

We've lived this exact offseason before. I don't understand how so many of our fans can't see this. Just stick their collective heads in the sand and pretend everything will be okay.

consent GIF

I’d normally read the cliffs but 60 minutes of Mike McDaniel has to be an absolute blast. He needs his own podcast one day.

Definitely gonna listen to this tonight. Saved for later on YouTube. Thanks OP!

Did read the parts about Tua, and man, that’s amazing. We really lucked out in finding the perfect match.

Too many things leading to this point is not luck, it's insight by our FO and follow through.

He flipped the prospect into a legit MVP candidate when many didn’t believe possible.

Pretty much the definition of
I don't deny that. Tua showed enough last season to say let's roll with him in season 4. In light of that, I understand that you want to keep him motivated, but the comment about the gold mine was over the top. If Miami is that strongly committed to him, then you should sign him to an extension of his contract. There is an old saying, actions speak louder than words. As far as I am concerned, Herbert and Hurts will sign extensions this off-season, which is the true indication of their commitment to him, considering that the GM has already said that Tua's injury will not deter them from signing long-term deal.

I don't deny that. Tua showed enough last season to say let's roll with him in season 4. In light of that, I understand that you want to keep him motivated, but the comment about the gold mine was over the top. If Miami is that strongly committed to him, then you should sign him to an extension of his contract. There is an old saying, actions speak louder than words. As far as I am concerned, Herbert and Hurts will sign extensions this off-season, which is the true indication of their commitment to him, considering that the GM has already said that Tua's injury will not deter them from signing long-term deal.
It's one thing to make a public statement, even if true. That costs nothing.

It's another to do something that is detrimental or irresponsible from a fiscal standpoint.

Picking up the option, rather than extending was absolutely the correct move from a cap management perspective. Blanket statements like the one you posted are all well and good in a theoretical vacuum, but are also devoid of context in real world practice.

Well there’s an injury component connected to this..

Tua does need to show he can stay healthy this season or things get complicated and the big contract is not likely til he does, I’m sure he understands our position

Ohh I've just seen this movie before. Splash FA signing or trade on defense, sell the fanbase on how simply focusing on Defense will fix this team, while ignoring the elephant in the room (oline) and team falls apart and doesn't come close to winning a ring.

We've lived this exact offseason before. I don't understand how so many of our fans can't see this. Just stick their collective heads in the sand and pretend everything will be okay.

consent GIF
Well, for one, each situation is rather specific and unique, so you're trying to "Stereotype" a dolphins offseason with basic reasoning is tiring.

The game is made up of Defense or Offense. We weren't worried about Defense in 2019 or 2020. Not sure I understand your point?

Well, for one, each situation is rather specific and unique, so you're trying to "Stereotype" a dolphins offseason with basic reasoning is tiring.

The game is made up of Defense or Offense. We weren't worried about Defense in 2019 or 2020. Not sure I understand your point?

He doesn't understand, that's the "point".

That's why he tries to oversimplify (Stereotype) a situation until it clearly no longer makes sense, at which point he says -see it doesn't make sense. This represents his limit in reasoning.

I suspect he is at least three levels of comprehension away from the truth every time!

It's one thing to make a public statement, even if true. That costs nothing.

It's another to do something that is detrimental or irresponsible from a fiscal standpoint.

Picking up the option, rather than extending was absolutely the correct move from a cap management perspective. Blanket statements like the one you posted are all well and good in a theoretical vacuum, but are also devoid of context in real world practice.
You sound too smart for me.

bowing-down-john-legend.gif

consent GIF
Amen. We’ve seen this movie before. People on this forum believed Adam Gase was a genius who walked on water.

Back
Top Bottom