McDaniel on Open Mike: "We're sitting on a gold mine." | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel on Open Mike: "We're sitting on a gold mine."

Why do you come here?

It's one thing to make a public statement, even if true. That costs nothing.

It's another to do something that is detrimental or irresponsible from a fiscal standpoint.

Picking up the option, rather than extending was absolutely the correct move from a cap management perspective. Blanket statements like the one you posted are all well and good in a theoretical vacuum, but are also devoid of context in real world practice.
I didn't want to mention it but since you brought it up, that same logic should apply to his extension. We should extend him now because the longer we wait, the more it will cost. Also, my comment wasn't a blanket one. I didn't generalize about anyone or anything. I don't see how extending him later on would be beneficial cap-wise because the salaries are going up, not down.

Last edited:
Amen. We’ve seen this movie before. People on this forum believed Adam Gase was a genius who walked on water.

I was always a fan of Adam Gase.

He did well the first season; but had bad luck losing Tannehill at the end and then for another year and a half. A lot of plain bad luck followed. That's just the way the cookie crumbles in the NFL, so I let it go.

The anti-Gase hatred here is a typical qualifier for being a "Lemming". Allow me to AMPLIFY that thought.

I do find it interesting that those anti-Gase "Lemmings" ALSO tend to complain about Tannehill and were glad to see him go. They continually try to negate his value as a QB at Tennessee, in spite of his having a very successful career there. They try to credit Tennessee's success on running back Henry. When I looked up his stats, I found he had been average, to a little above average until Tannehill got on the field. Then Henry's stats exploded.

See what happens when you have good QB play. It makes the offense better in a lot of ways when the QB can pass well.

I have presented the stats on Henry before-and-after Tannehill's becoming their teams QB. I have done this several times in the past, but the "Lemmings" either ignore them, or better yet, double down on their own "dumbness" (yes, I'm being kind) by trying to extend their now fully discredited arguments.

Nothing new here, I just hate watching the "Lemmings" consistent attempts to "fertilize" this board with all their "Lemming" juice and "Lemming" droppings.

So, three weeks or so to the draft (No, I am not thinking about the "Lemmings" comments as wind - except in the case of flatulence).

There, I've got that out of my system and should be good to "stay on topic" for a week or so. - LOL

He did well the first season; but had bad luck losing Tannehill at the end and then for another year and a half. A lot of plain bad luck followed. That's just the way the cookie crumbles in the NFL, so I let it go.

The anti-Gase hatred here is a typical qualifier for being a "Lemming". Allow me to AMPLIFY that thought.

I do find it interesting that those anti-Gase "Lemmings" ALSO tend to complain about Tannehill and were glad to see him go. They continually try to negate his value as a QB at Tennessee, in spite of his having a very successful career there. They try to credit Tennessee's success on running back Henry. When I looked up his stats, I found he had been average, to a little above average until Tannehill got on the field. Then Henry's stats exploded.

See what happens when you have good QB play. It makes the offense better in a lot of ways when the QB can pass well.

I have presented the stats on Henry before-and-after Tannehill's becoming their teams QB. I have done this several times in the past, but the "Lemmings" either ignore them, or better yet, double down on their own "dumbness" (yes, I'm being kind) by trying to extend their now fully discredited arguments.

Nothing new here, I just hate watching the "Lemmings" consistent attempts to "fertilize" this board with all their "Lemming" juice and "Lemming" droppings.

So, three weeks or so to the draft (No, I am not thinking about the "Lemmings" comments as wind - except in the case of flatulence).

There, I've got that out of my system and should be good to "stay on topic" for a week or so. - LOL
Come on Ray.

The guy sat alone, pouting on the sidelines during games.

He completely ignored the defensive side of the ball, and even worse, refused to acknowledge any responsibility for it.

He pointed fingers in every direction when things went poorly.

If you are interested in a non Dolphin biased opinion, ask Jests fans what they think about the clown.

At best he was a decent play designer, but only if he had someone above him to oversee the bigger picture

I just do not understand how you can defend his incompetence as a HC.

Come on Ray.

He completely ignored the defensive side of the ball, and even worse, refused to acknowledge any responsibility for it.

If you are interested in a non Dolphin biased opinion, ask Jests fans what they think about the clown.

At best he was a decent play designer, but only if he had someone above him to oversee the bigger picture

And yet he still had a winning first season even after losing Tannehill for the last few games.

Your breakdown looks like this to me:

1) He has no charisma. Watch a movie and eat a lot of popcorn.
2) He didn't do enough defensively. See what's left after the "hyperbole" is removed? No one knows how much he did or didn't work with the DC.
3) Trying to move the "goal posts" is always a sign that an argument has failed.
3a) Asking jets fans for a knowledgeable opinion is the epitome of "doubling down on dumb".
3b) Since you ask, wasn't it Adam Gase who was made their GM along with his HC responsibilities after their FO fired the GM who ran that year's draft?
3c) Wasn't their current GM who has helped to shape them into a much better team hired by Adam Gase?
4) Gase had some competence as a HC.

Ray's Value rating (0-10):
1) "0"
2) "5"
3) "0" (I should have put in a negative scale) - LOL
4) "6"

This yields an 11/40 rating for this post.

FYI - At this point I need to ask in good faith after reading (we should use Jets fans as a source of good information) - are you seeking a mental health professional. - LOL

Come on Ray.

Agree.

On a tangent, the frequency that AG called for a 3 yd bubble screen to J Landry on 3 & 7 was bad. In fact, it ranks down there w/ Boyer (last season) allowing the opposing O to convert on 3rd & long

I can’t keep quiet on this one.

People who wanted to move on from Gase early were spot on..far from a
Lemming..Guy was a joke of a head coach…proven over time, folks who saw it early good on you your instincts were correct, Pat myself on the back too.

People who wanted to move on from Tannehill were accurate as well imo..no need to rehash..

Come on Ray.

Just a bizarre take imo, and a really bad one

I can’t keep quiet on this one.

People who wanted to move on from Gase early were spot on..far from a
Lemming..Guy was a joke of a head coach…proven over time, folks who saw it early good on you your instincts were correct, Pat myself on the back too.

People who wanted to move on from Tannehill were accurate as well imo..no need to rehash..
I didn't think much of the guy from the very first presser.

When he refused to get rid of Burke after year two (Vance Joseph was DC in 2018) I was pounding the table to get rid of him.

I'll agree to a point. But, keep in mind, Flores and Mcd had a winning record year 1. Seems almost standard for Miami coaches. Some go on to continue winning. Some don't.
I agree Tanne is a pretty good QB . . . if he has a solid supporting cast. which brings me to . . . Gase didn't seem to have the ability to acquire a supporting cast. And I and most here solidified our opinion after the "Queasy" comment. It seemed Gase (Queasy) was to afraid of failure and played scared.
I admit I was not happy with Gase's hire, became more inclined to give him a chance after year 1, but he lost me with the timidity of Peewee herman.
Interestingly, a couple of complaints about Gase were 1) he wouldn't stick with what was working and 2) had a tendency to overthink things. Sound familiar? Same complaints about Mcd. The difference is, Gase never changed with philosophy. I'll be bitterly disappointed of Mcd doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom