McDaniel on QB Tua Tagovailoa's potential for next season: "I can see a hunger in him" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel on QB Tua Tagovailoa's potential for next season: "I can see a hunger in him"

In a forum, everyone has the right to say what they want, some may agree, some may not, but that's the beauty of forums. But I get your point of view. Let's look at it from another angle. Everyone knows about his injuries, so why start a new thread about his hunger? It is clear that he is the starting quarterback for 2023, so why post an article that repeats what we already know, but in a different way, and the article posted talks about his injuries at the same time? Whether posters run into every Tua thread and post random stats is debatable. That has happened in many threads where I have participated but It's the internet enjoy. Go Dolphins! Blessing Jah Rastafari!

Some people live miserable lives, and we know who those people are, and they like coming to a site like this to make other people miserable and to share with others the shettiness in their lives. I get it.

Life is short. Be happy I say.

I was one of those guys who managing their expectations, and he was learning a new system. Do you know what posters would have said if Tua played like ****? He is learning a new system so he needs time to adjust, which is a fair argument but he proved many of us wrong. Having said that, there is an old saying that says it doesn't matter how you start, it matters how you finish. His play down the stretch was very average, and he looked terrible against the Chargers who were using their backups.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Although continuity is great when learning a new system, what gets overlooked is that it also gives opposing teams time to review Tua's film and teams have months to prepare. While he is deadly against zone defenses, he struggles against man coverage. It is not the responsibility of McDaniels to get Tua to adjust, Tua has to improve on both his reading field and the defense. We should be concerned as Dolphins fans if you heard what Sherfield said last week. Our system built on timing and trust and QB was dropping back and letting it go no matter if you there or not. So all talk about him going through progressions is out the window. Tua has to improve on reading the field and throwing the ball away when nothing is there. Period! Blessings Jah Rastafari!
Isn't the point to throw on time and quickly to avoid injuries due to oline not up to snuff ? The receivers should really know the system well enough where everyone is in sync. This offense is definitely rhythm and timing based. If one guy is off this offense is off. Tua needs to definitely check down more often to open things up.

Isn't the point to throw on time and quickly to avoid injuries due to oline not up to snuff ? The receivers should really know the system well enough where everyone is in sync. This offense is definitely rhythm and timing based. If one guy is off this offense is off. Tua needs to definitely check down more often to open things up.
To be clear a lot of NFL offenses operate this way and there isn't anything wrong with that. But it shouldn't be the only way to operate your offense, so if you want to know why no adjustments were made in certain games last season, this is the reason why. I just take issue with Tua throwing the ball and not knowing if the receiver is there or not. It's a simple approach that works well only in zone coverage. How does he adjust to man coverage when it presents itself is going to be huge next season.

I love Tua but he has not played a full season yet. His goal is to not miss any games due to injury.

In a forum, everyone has the right to say what they want, some may agree, some may not, but that's the beauty of forums. But I get your point of view. Let's look at it from another angle. Everyone knows about his injuries, so why start a new thread about his hunger? It is clear that he is the starting quarterback for 2023, so why post an article that repeats what we already know, but in a different way, and the article posted talks about his injuries at the same time? Whether posters run into every Tua thread and post random stats is debatable. That has happened in many threads where I have participated but It's the internet enjoy. Go Dolphins! Blessing Jah Rastafari!
Because the article is about Mike McDanielā€¦.ssstooooooy!

Thatā€™s what I used to scream when Stoyanovich missed wide rightā€¦ JFYIRM.šŸ‡ÆšŸ‡²

I can see it now. Tua gets asked to comment about coach McDaniel saying he has a hunger in him and Tua says yesā€¦I do and itā€™s for subway sandwichesā€¦try the new subway series today!
God, that subway sandwich game thing on Kay Adams show Tua did, that was very uncomfortable. The Subway Marketing guys that were his point of contact should be made to dunk for apples in a smelter.

To be clear a lot of NFL offenses operate this way and there isn't anything wrong with that. But it shouldn't be the only way to operate your offense, so if you want to know why no adjustments were made in certain games last season, this is the reason why. I just take issue with Tua throwing the ball and not knowing if the receiver is there or not. It's a simple approach that works well only in zone coverage. How does he adjust to man coverage when it presents itself is going to be huge next season.
This is so dumb on so many levels. JFC you guys just want to dump on Tua anyway you can.

The JAG WR who has never done crap until Tua was throwing him the ball and in this system dumps on Tua after not even getting a contract offer from Miami this offseason. Yep so believable, why because you want to dump on Tua. Meanwhile the All PRO WR Hill says Tua is the most accurate passer he has ever seen. And I will bet you just say well he is just sticking up for his teammate.

Go watch film on Tua and try and understand what you are watching. There is a reason he was one of the highest rated passers in college history, there is a reason scouts had him rated as a generational prospect (was #1 lock before injury). Miami has tried their hardest to screw this kid up. First they played him way before he was back to football level shape after a major injury. Then a dumb ass HC (who was a dick) hired a OC that was fired and out of coaching for multiple years to pair with a journeyman QB that played for 16 years and never once got a team to the playoffs.

Last season was basically the first year Tua had under actual NFL level coaching and he led the league in multiple stats and was top 5 in pretty much every metric you can find. The kid is going to get even better as well. First time ever he will be in the same offense 2 years in a row.

Here is what the stats say. Tua was just fine throwing the ball were it should be. Sherfield just isn't a good WR and probably wasn't were he should be. When your career catch rate is 56% over 3 teams in 5 years you don't blame the QB. Hill who played with the best QB in the NFL for his career, came here and had career highs in yards and catches. He also average a half yard more per catch vs career average and was 2% higher on catch rate over career average. Waddle with Tua at QB last year lead the NFL at over 18 yards per catch and as a deep threat still had a catch rate of 64%.

So anyone believing the crap that came out of JAG Sherfields mouth, doesn't know crap about NFL QB play.

Back
Top Bottom