McDaniel on the TE position | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

McDaniel on the TE position

There is weird coincidence/stat that whatever team Claypool is on takes a nose dive after he joins the team. Will try to find the podcast where I saw it…. It showed a graphic that was pretty damning. As much of an athlete that he is, I am ok with moving on from him.

Edit:

From Reddit

Chase Claypool’s teams have now lost 22 of the last 26 games that he has been active for.

Claypool was 3-6 in Dolphins games he was active for in 2023 including last night’s Wild Card loss, the Bears were 0-10 in games that Claypool played in and he went 1-6 in his last 7 games with the Steelers in 2022.

# the stats show a correlation when he’s merely on the roster as well. (Counting games he was inactive for)

- 2023 Dolphins before Claypool trade (5-1 record, scoring 37.1 points per game.)

- 2023 Dolphins after acquiring Claypool ( 6-6 record with 24 points per game. )

- 2023 Bears in games Claypool played in. ( 0-3 record , 15.6 ppg)

- 2023 Bears after Claypool stopped traveling with the team and was traded ( 22.3 ppg, 7-7 record )

- 2022 Steelers were 2-6 with Claypool, then after the trade 7-2.

- 2022 Bears were 3-5 when they acquired Claypool, proceeded to go 0-9 after acquiring him.

He can’t keep getting away with this!
That’s funny.

Look, the Patriots barely had a running game at times, and they used Gronk to get a consistent 5 to 11 yards, no YAC, just catch and fall down, over, and over and over. You just need a big guy that can catch, not like 8 5 but just reliably catch, and big enough to shield the ball, this was a zone killing plan. I don't know how hard it could be, soft spot in zone, turn back on safety, catch ball, safety bounces off of you, linebacker or 7 DBs finally bring you down 8 yrds later.

The Ever How Hard Can It Be VIPER

If I was Grier, based off of this alone. I would cut him!! Haha
Hey e, think about what you just said, "if I was Grier", if you were Grier you would have signed him to a long term contract, festooned him with Orchids, burned incense to his Majesty, and even sacrificed a Virgin Goat. Now if you were in his place thaaaaat might be different 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

The Ever Harassing With Semantics VIPER

I’d personally love for Schultz or Bowers but I doubt either are realistic.

I doubt Houston let’s Schultz walk plus his price tag is likely high.

Bowers falling to 21 is not happening. The only way I could see Miami landing Bowers is if he fell to around 15 and we moved up to get him but I highly doubt he’ll even fall outside the top 10.

So I believe Miami will have to try and build like a committee at TE by adding one in FA and the draft.

If like to see us sign a TE like Noah Fant or someone else around his caliber on a cheap deal in free agency. Then use our 2nd round pick on a TE like Sanders from Texas….

Ja’Tavion Sanders
Durham Smythe
Noah Fant
Julian Hill

I've always being the homeless person. At the end coming out on top

Last edited:
They use Smythe a lot. He just isn't very good as a route runner and fails to get open. Then the QB starts to avoid guys like that. Zero trust in him.

Smythe was in on 493 total pass plays, of which he ran routes on 400 of those. So it wasn't like he was out there pass blocking. He is just not a good route runner at all, hence despite a catch rate of 85%, PFF has his receiving grade at 54.2. If you really focus on him in all 22 film, he is just not a good route runner. He is slow off the line, he tends to round routes, ect.
Maybe I should rephrased my comment. We didn’t use our TE as much as other teams do in our offense as far as catches go. Thanks bro.

Back
Top Bottom